LG Stylo 4 root?

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By hidronico, Junior Member on 15th July 2018, 06:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th April 2019, 07:01 PM |#281  
Quote:
Originally Posted by brncgreen

Getting all cryptic with it. Save him the time and just answer it. "How old will you be on your birthday?"

"Well... var sum=0
for(i=4; i<8; i++){
if(i==6){
continue;
}
sum +=i;
}
document.write(sum);"

We don't lead people by the hand and we don't spoonfeed.

The point was to encourage them to read, they were already viewing this thread, if they had started at the beginning and read at least the first page of posts, they would have seen their answer in the second post of this thread.

The XDA rules state that it is your responsibility to search this website and read for yourself and to look to see if your question has been asked and answered before to avoid posting a question that has already been answered.

This rule is intended to reduce unnecessary threads and posts such as the nonsense that you just posted.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free

11th April 2019, 06:40 PM |#282  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hello
I asked LG them straight up to unlock the bootloader and got told on the phone I can but they won't do it because it would void the warranty. Asked on Facebook and got a reply basically saying the same
The Following User Says Thank You to Full Phantom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Full Phantom Ad-Free
13th April 2019, 04:01 AM |#283  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Phantom

I asked LG them straight up to unlock the bootloader and got told on the phone I can but they won't do it because it would void the warranty. Asked on Facebook and got a reply basically saying the same

Does it matter if you dont care about the warranty ?
I doubt anyone is in a hurry to send their phones back anyway ..
13th April 2019, 04:03 AM |#284  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I know, and that's what I told them on the phone too, but all they kept saying that "the bootloader is Unlockable but we can't help you unlock it"
The Following User Says Thank You to Full Phantom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Full Phantom Ad-Free
16th April 2019, 09:55 AM |#285  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Lg stylo 4 metro pcs USA version
I have a oem unlock feature on mine to unlock the bootloader pretty sure this could be helpful
17th April 2019, 08:39 PM |#286  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

No, the OEM unlock setting puts the device in a state that "allows" the bootloader to be unlocked, and then the unlock process or method can be initiated.

One example is some devices use fastboot commands to unlock the bootloader, but the OEM unlock setting must be enabled before running the fastboot OEM unlock command to unlock the bootloader. If the OEM unlock setting is not enabled before running the fastboot OEM unlock command, the fastboot command fails.

There are exceptions though, "some" devices can unlock bootloader just by enabling the OEM unlock setting, but this is not very common among android devices, most manufacturers and mobile carriers do not make it that simple to unlock the bootloader on their devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnoah641

I have a oem unlock feature on mine to unlock the bootloader pretty sure this could be helpful

I found a few threads that may possibly help? After reading this entire thread - we need to have a signed KDZ or ToT....and an unlocked bootloader.

But.... what about this?

https://lgflash.com/

and

https://www.xda-developers.com/kdzz-...-kdz-files-lg/ ?
17th April 2019, 11:49 PM |#287  
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrinym

I found a few threads that may possibly help? After reading this entire thread - we need to have a signed KDZ or ToT....and an unlocked bootloader.

But.... what about this?

https://lgflash.com/

and

https://www.xda-developers.com/kdzz-...-kdz-files-lg/ ?

If you could unlock the bootloader, all you would need is TWRP for your device and flash Magisk.

21st April 2019, 08:53 AM |#288  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 701

More
LG must shut down phone business because it's way too locked down
https://amp.tomsguide.com/us/lg-smar...ews-29906.html
21st April 2019, 12:49 PM |#289  
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingkee

LG must shut down phone business because it's way too locked down
https://amp.tomsguide.com/us/lg-smar...ews-29906.html

It has nothing to do with being too locked down, it is because their flagship devices are not worth the price that LG "wants" to sell them at. That is why their customers buy more of the budget LG devices.

Consumers are starting to catch onto the idea that smartphone technology has matured to the point that the cheaper devices are as good as flagship devices minus the "special" features that are used to market the flagship devices(features that no one really uses in the first place, features that are more of a novelty than they are useful).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
26th April 2019, 05:56 PM |#290  
Flag san pedro sula
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by william_beaux

Can anyone confirm if the modded LGUP utility can create a decrypted physical image without root access?

yes you can dump any partition but yu cant flash individual partition
boot_a_COM6 - copia.zip
27th April 2019, 03:48 AM |#291  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
This is purely speculation, but maybe since LG has the Stylo 4 on the list for Pie they're locking things down as tight as possible until after the update is released?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-stylo-4

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)