Thanks Meter: 7

By hidronico, Junior Member on 15th July 2018, 06:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th August 2018, 03:31 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx8Driver

Root may be possible for things like TiBu but until someone cracks the bootloader (unlikely) ROMS, Recovery, Kernels are out...

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 AM ----------

If someone was willing to share an official unlock.bin for a lmg710 then there's a REMOTE possibility a .bin could be built but it would be device-dependent, meaning the file would need editted for each device cuz they all have different dev id and imei's....i know there were some folks looking at it on another bl locked lg device but it's a real toughie with STRONG chances for bricking the bootloader...

You might be on to something.. I googled bootloader unlocking tools and came across an old universal one i have yet to try. Its a long shot but maybe we can mod a unlock.bin like you said and make a fastboot tool to inject different imei and device id in the right part of the bin.. Then have the tool flash it.. In theory your idea can work and might be our only option if lg dev tool dont start working.. The phone is capable of bootloader unlock.. Just need our own tool to handle the unlock.bin.. Im hoping messi or our tool builders find something..

12th August 2018, 03:36 PM |#22  
Flag Williamsport
Thanks Meter: 1,275

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkeyst4tus

You might be on to something.. I googled bootloader unlocking tools and came across an old universal one i have yet to try. Its a long shot but maybe we can mod a unlock.bin like you said and make a fastboot tool to inject different imei and device id in the right part of the bin.. Then have the tool flash it.. In theory your idea can work and might be our only option if lg dev tool dont start working.. The phone is capable of bootloader unlock.. Just need our own tool to handle the unlock.bin.. Im hoping messi or our tool builders find something..

Well i have SOME amount of experience with samsung bootloaders but honestly i just dont have the time to really put into it right now...there are definitely possibilities and nothing is impossible just have to found someone with the time, knowledge, and motivation!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rx8Driver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rx8Driver Ad-Free
13th August 2018, 12:38 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I am getting "Device not recognized by provider. Please call customer care". Any one able to resolve this for this model? Two of the phones are getting same message.
13th August 2018, 01:05 AM |#24  
Flag Williamsport
Thanks Meter: 1,275

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crajuc23

I am getting "Device not recognized by provider. Please call customer care". Any one able to resolve this for this model? Two of the phones are getting same message.

SIM cards are in, right?

13th August 2018, 12:32 PM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx8Driver

SIM cards are in, right?

Yep, got it 3 days ago. Still in Service. Also connected to WIFI.
15th August 2018, 06:21 AM |#26  

More
This link here seems to say differently..
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardxi

I am afraid we are out of luck this time...see below

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=864

I dont know. Id like to try it but i dont have a pc... Id like to believe this is real though.. Let me know??

https://www.techdroidtips.com/unlock...tylo-4-q710ms/
15th August 2018, 08:33 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I also am interested is seeing this device rooted but dunno how thats gonna happen with it locked. Any way without going into detail how devs will get around this?

successnbd can you elaborate?
16th August 2018, 03:34 PM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlepptoBizmawl

I dont know. Id like to try it but i dont have a pc... Id like to believe this is real though.. Let me know??

https://www.techdroidtips.com/unlock...tylo-4-q710ms/

Yes and no.. it was made around the release of the device before the writer knew lg wasn't ready to add the Stylo 4 to the unlock list.. in the comments he says he will correct it..

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Just a quick update.. while everyone with the skills and knowledge work on root, I'm working on rootless mods that get close to the real thing.. the modded Google cam 5.2 works but seems basic compared to the stock lg cam.. I'll play with it again if I get 32bit ar sticker port.. I have working volume booster that boost sound 60% & trust me it gets pretty loud.. the difference is very noticeable.. substratum & Andromeda works.. best $2 I ever spent.. the downside is someone needs to make us themes.. the themes I tested either don't work giving me a soft brick or partially work and looks strange.. we just need a substratum theme builder to transform our entire UI.. another downside is not debloating.. but I'm ok with that.. can Andromeda be reverse engineered to give us temp root? It actually does make substratum work as though the phone is rooted.. could be the key.. I will keep posting working stuff here till a mod give us a place for it.. NBD..

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

I'm testing themediy.apk to see if I get a working substratum theme for our device.. easy but time consuming.. the PC method easier but a lot more work.. wish me luck
16th August 2018, 07:50 PM |#29  

More
I'm willing to add a substratum theme builder to my Google account so the can get Andromeda free and build us great themes.. I guess the builder will need a Stylo 4.. I'm looking for a full theme to change the UI.. any builders lmk if you are up to the challenge..

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

This is the volume booster app I use.. be careful.. it works a little to well.. be sure to start audio low before turning on.. at it's lowest the phone is still load.. it runs in the background until it's turned off.. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XWe...w?usp=drivesdk
20th August 2018, 02:26 PM |#30  

More
This is my idea come to light.. Transform my ui into android p.. Check out my navbar.. If we had twrp we can " fastboot boot recovery".. Then flash magisk.. Even thought we will have root, bootloader will still be locked so a pc will be need to boot twrp everytime.. Just a theory..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-08-20-02-57-49.png
Views:	672
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	4576552   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-08-20-09-13-22.png
Views:	684
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	4576553   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-08-20-09-13-09.png
Views:	688
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	4576554   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-08-20-09-05-05.png
Views:	612
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	4576555  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lowkeyst4tus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lowkeyst4tus Ad-Free
22nd August 2018, 12:55 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkeyst4tus

...Any help would be appreciated.. This thread got quiet.. What you guys working on

Hello, I'm here.
I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I want to help and I think I'm more than capable. Let me say some things about myself (not being vain) just to see if I could get a pointer as to how I can start helping.

I'm a problem solver. I'm a coder. I learn new things really quickly, especially when they are complicated. I've rooted and ROMed and tweaked out many different phones and tablets, and discovered my own exploits to get things done on the PC side of things.
Unfortunately my experience with "lead-climbing" in the phone and tablet universe is limited. I mean I've mostly just followed posted instructions to carry out my roots, etc.
So while I want to help get root for this device, I don't want to brick it either. I have several older phones to experiment with, but most of them have root and rom available online already. What can I do to start getting into the thick of it and help discover new content? I want to (and believe I'm capable) bring something useful back to this community that has helped me through the years.
The most important thing in owning a device IMO is debloating and installing a root firewall.
If any vets want to take me under their wing, or give me some training style projects, I would be all over that. Anything to get me caught up so I can start making my own solutions.

In the mean time, I'm going to see if I can track down this unlock.bin and reverse-engineer out the dev-ID and IMEI, as I think that's the key to making an unlocker for the Stylo 4.

Edit: I think these guys were attempting to figure out LG's algorithm for creating the unlock.bin. They discovered the bin file is basically a file header with a 2048 bit RSA key tacked on. Since the exact input string, as well as the private cipher key is unknown, it becomes virtually impossible to RE the algorithm. The best advice I saw is to monitor the hardware of an LG when the fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin command is issued to see how the phone verifies the file. This would have to be done on an already rooted LG device by someone with the knowledge to do so. I'll see what else I can learn and report back.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to expensivePaperWeight For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift expensivePaperWeight Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-stylo-4

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)