LG Stylo 4 root?

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By hidronico, Junior Member on 15th July 2018, 06:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th April 2019, 02:31 AM |#301  
Quote:
Originally Posted by caff3inekills

No, you're right, I flipped the switch a few days ago and finally got around to doing a root check last night and no root.

That is correct, because flipping the switch doesn't root the device.

In a "perfect world", it would go like this.

1) you would toggle the OEM unlock setting, this would unlock the bootloader to allow flashing unsigned files onto the device.

2) then you would either flash a TWRP.img on the device and then use that TWRP recovery to flash the Magisk installer to root the device, or use Magisk on PC to flash a modified boot.img on the device and then install the Magisk app/framework to root the device.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

29th April 2019, 03:01 AM |#302  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Like I said extremely rusty plus no time on my hands.

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

That is correct, because flipping the switch doesn't root the device.

In a "perfect world", it would go like this.

1) you would toggle the OEM unlock setting, this would unlock the bootloader to allow flashing unsigned files onto the device.

2) then you would either flash a TWRP.img on the device and then use that TWRP recovery to flash the Magisk installer to root the device, or use Magisk on PC to flash a modified boot.img on the device and then install the Magisk app/framework to root the device.

I've decided I'll put a little work into it tonight.

So I've installed the sdk and I did a search of the entire computer with hidden files showing and there is no adb.exe found.

I'm guessing maybe I just installed the wrong version of the sdk? I picked the most basic full version.

Edit, update: I found the standalone sdk platform tools, and it's only 11 MB! (Space is at a premium on my computer, only 32 GB in total including the space for Windows)
29th April 2019, 03:02 AM |#303  
Quote:

Like I said extremely rusty plus no time on my hands.

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 AM ----------

I've decided I'll put a little work into it tonight.

So I've installed the sdk and I did a search of the entire computer with hidden files showing and there is no adb.exe found.

I'm guessing maybe I just installed the wrong version of the sdk? I picked the most basic full version.

Do a search for "15 second fastboot/adb installer"

29th April 2019, 03:33 AM |#304  

More
Quote:

Do a search for "15 second fastboot/adb installer"

Yep, found it, the standalone one.

So I got into fastboot, problem is that it was non-responsive. I read this thread late at night, so I can't recall if there were others that ran into the same issue or not. I'm about to try running it from a different USB connection protocol and see if that works.
29th April 2019, 03:35 AM |#305  
Quote:

Yep, found it, the standalone one.

So I got into fastboot, problem is that it was non-responsive. I read this thread late at night, so I can't recall if there were others that ran into the same issue or not. I'm about to try running it from a different USB connection protocol and see if that works.

Some carriers remove fastboot functionality from the device, these devices can't use fastboot unless they find an alternative method to unlock bootloader then flash a modified boot.img and/or kernel with fastboot function added.

29th April 2019, 03:53 AM |#306  

More
Quote:

Some carriers remove fastboot functionality from the device, these devices can't use fastboot unless they find an alternative method to unlock bootloader then flash a modified boot.img and/or kernel with fastboot function added.

That's probably it which is what people were saying, unless there's sometimes some other way to control the menu of the fastboot besides the volume buttons. It's aggravating seeing the "unlock device and bootloader" option there sitting in front of me though...
16th May 2019, 01:27 AM |#307  

More
Well I noticed LG was using a feature on this phone to use the finger print sensor as a swipe tool for the task bar. Ever consider using the swipe action on fingerprint sensor as arrow keys kinda? ~FusionDragon
Yesterday, 12:48 PM |#308  
Flag Beatrice

More
To be or not to be(Laggy)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangtim49

The only problem with system updates is that further patch against exploits that could possibly be used to gain root access to the system. Subject change, I've got one guy above that says he does not experience lag, does anyone else want to back him up or jump on my hate train? OK, back to the other subject, I'd stay away from updates if you truly want to gain SU privileges. The worst is having to downgrade and is not always possible. My phone is on the June update and my apps are religiously updated, so that's not my phones issue, it just sucks. Have any of you that praise this phone ever owned a top tier flagship phone? Because this is so not a Nexus 6p!

Hello, My lady friend and I bought our Stylo 4s at the local Cricket Store last summer. We both still use them as our daily drivers.

Now here is what I find strange, while my phone is running faster and smoother than it had fresh out of the box, hers runs as if it had Windows ME as the OS after the DaVinci Virus gets contracted. I am a much heavier phone user than she is. I don't think I've had under 200 windows open in my Chrome browser in over a year.

I just use RAM Cleanup pro to keep my RAM freed up, limited my processes to 4, turned off all the animations in the dev options and set the graphics to use GPU rendering.

Yet, the lady's phone crashed and restarted itself just performing the stock "optimization feature" yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2019-05-18-06-36-05.png
Views:	14
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	4761020   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2019-05-18-06-37-07.png
Views:	16
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	4761021  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags