LG Stylo 4 root?

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By hidronico, Junior Member on 15th July 2018, 06:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st August 2019, 12:23 AM |#361  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I do agree with you...but not entirely. LG is the one that made the dang thing capable of being locked. Also, if that was the case... why is LG the ones that will unlock it for you if u can get it into fastboot to summon ur device id # that they need from adb. I know there is some Wise guy somewhere that thought it would be a good idea, but everybody had to follow suit for it to happen. Boost acted like they didn't even know what I was talking about and kept trying to offer me my MSL lol. (This phone requires a special unlock.bin file to unlock...not a passcode. So unless boost has those files that they can email you, bbecause you have to physically add the file to your phone. It's not just one particular provider of service, this kinda bs is not even limited to cell phone providers period...it's The Man trying to enforce even more control on us. The more they crack the whip... The harder this ox pokes his yoke.
The Following User Says Thank You to TKinnett For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TKinnett Ad-Free

31st August 2019, 12:59 AM |#362  
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKinnett

I do agree with you...but not entirely. LG is the one that made the dang thing capable of being locked. Also, if that was the case... why is LG the ones that will unlock it for you if u can get it into fastboot to summon ur device id # that they need from adb. I know there is some Wise guy somewhere that thought it would be a good idea, but everybody had to follow suit for it to happen. Boost acted like they didn't even know what I was talking about and kept trying to offer me my MSL lol. (This phone requires a special unlock.bin file to unlock...not a passcode. So unless boost has those files that they can email you, bbecause you have to physically add the file to your phone. It's not just one particular provider of service, this kinda bs is not even limited to cell phone providers period...it's The Man trying to enforce even more control on us. The more they crack the whip... The harder this ox pokes his yoke.

LG makes them with the capability to lock the bootloader because the carriers want them to make them with this capability. The number one reason for locking bootloader is all about your device's security because any malicious code can easily embed/install itself on a device that has an unlocked bootloader, this makes you, the user, and their network vulnerable to attack. Money is NOT the real reason, period, because 99% of users don't care about unlocking bootloader, in other words, there are few people that want unlocked bootloaders, this means there aren't enough people to actually make any real money out of unlocking bootloader. If it were about money, all devices would have locked bootloader by default, they would not manufacturer and sell devices that have unlocked bootloader.

Regardless of how you feel about it, the real reason is because the carriers are the ones that want the bootloader locked because most users are complete idiots when it comes to keeping their devices secure.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
31st August 2019, 04:47 AM |#363  
Flag Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Meter: 45

Donate to Me
More
That's interesting, considering that the LG Stylo 4 is locked to all carriers. Also, you must get the bootloader unlocked through LG's website.
I do understand that the carriers often make these decisions. But in this case, as long as LG allows bootloader unlocking for its more expensive phones, I am satisfied to take this up with LG.
However, my voice alone is not enough to cause LG to reconsider its decision to not provide support for this bootloader.
Actually, I think that we are both right about this. But I also think that we are becoming distracted by all of this. I still want to root my Stylo 4.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CiscoKydd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CiscoKydd Ad-Free
10th September 2019, 02:34 PM |#364  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
We just might be cooking with a little gas
I'm gonna see how it goes from here ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-09-10-09-31-49.png
Views:	146
Size:	248.7 KB
ID:	4817716  
The Following User Says Thank You to Leon.Left For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Leon.Left Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 11:28 AM |#365  
Flag Las Vegas, NV

Donate to Me
More
Looks good. I just hope it doesn't lead you to the part that informs you about, "Supported Devices". Anything but that.
13th September 2019, 02:26 AM |#366  

More
I called customer service to see if I could get anywhere since that gave me sone hope but sadly "Juliey" at LG Customer Support told me it was illegal for them to give me the unlock.bin file because it breaks the end user license agreement and that I wasn't allowed to speak to a technician. When I said I had a different question for the technician I was hung up on. 😒

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon.Left

We just might be cooking with a little gas
I'm gonna see how it goes from here ...

The Following User Says Thank You to IwannaRoot96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IwannaRoot96 Ad-Free
14th September 2019, 03:23 AM |#367  
Flag Las Vegas, NV

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for trying.
14th September 2019, 08:29 AM |#368  

More
Yeah....go figure.
Thx for trying everyone...but all these paths have been traveled years ago and they give us the same run around. If it aint on the supported list, we can either request it to be added to the list or "wait" to see if theyll add it. People were already told by LG that there were no plans in the future to add this device to the list. I got 2 months left according to Boost before they'll unlock mine... we'll see. They acted like they had no idea about the unlock.bin and was willing to give me my MSL right then.
14th September 2019, 02:57 PM |#369  
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKinnett

Thx for trying everyone...but all these paths have been traveled years ago and they give us the same run around. If it aint on the supported list, we can either request it to be added to the list or "wait" to see if theyll add it. People were already told by LG that there were no plans in the future to add this device to the list. I got 2 months left according to Boost before they'll unlock mine... we'll see. They acted like they had no idea about the unlock.bin and was willing to give me my MSL right then.

I believe the unlock stuff you're talking about is not for unlocking the bootloader, what you are referring to is carrier/SIM unlock in order to use the device on another network.

There is a difference between unlocking bootloader and and carrier/SIM unlocking.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
14th September 2019, 11:16 PM |#370  

More
I know the difference..
I know the difference between the two. Im just saying...Boost acts like they dont even know about the unlock.bin file to unlock the bootloader...all Boost acts like they know about is the MSL number which is used for programming. I found that number out on my own by intentionally entering the wrong number 3 times while running a logcat. Ue absolutely right... the MSL does NOT unlock the bootloader.
15th September 2019, 01:42 AM |#371  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiscoKydd

Looks good. I just hope it doesn't lead you to the part that informs you about, "Supported Devices". Anything but that.

Good lord thats exactly where it lead too.
"That phone isnt supported but we will contact our team to to add it in the near future and as always we appricate you for being a customer of LG" it made me sick 😂

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwannaRoot96

I called customer service to see if I could get anywhere since that gave me sone hope but sadly "Juliey" at LG Customer Support told me it was illegal for them to give me the unlock.bin file because it breaks the end user license agreement and that I wasn't allowed to speak to a technician. When I said I had a different question for the technician I was hung up on. 😒

😳😳😳😳
Smh do they realize how many customers they are losing by doing these things ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Leon.Left For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Leon.Left Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-stylo-4

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)