Thanks Meter: 7

By hidronico, Junior Member on 15th July 2018, 06:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd August 2018, 12:55 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowkeyst4tus

...Any help would be appreciated.. This thread got quiet.. What you guys working on

Hello, I'm here.
I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I want to help and I think I'm more than capable. Let me say some things about myself (not being vain) just to see if I could get a pointer as to how I can start helping.

I'm a problem solver. I'm a coder. I learn new things really quickly, especially when they are complicated. I've rooted and ROMed and tweaked out many different phones and tablets, and discovered my own exploits to get things done on the PC side of things.
Unfortunately my experience with "lead-climbing" in the phone and tablet universe is limited. I mean I've mostly just followed posted instructions to carry out my roots, etc.
So while I want to help get root for this device, I don't want to brick it either. I have several older phones to experiment with, but most of them have root and rom available online already. What can I do to start getting into the thick of it and help discover new content? I want to (and believe I'm capable) bring something useful back to this community that has helped me through the years.
The most important thing in owning a device IMO is debloating and installing a root firewall.
If any vets want to take me under their wing, or give me some training style projects, I would be all over that. Anything to get me caught up so I can start making my own solutions.

In the mean time, I'm going to see if I can track down this unlock.bin and reverse-engineer out the dev-ID and IMEI, as I think that's the key to making an unlocker for the Stylo 4.

Edit: I think these guys were attempting to figure out LG's algorithm for creating the unlock.bin. They discovered the bin file is basically a file header with a 2048 bit RSA key tacked on. Since the exact input string, as well as the private cipher key is unknown, it becomes virtually impossible to RE the algorithm. The best advice I saw is to monitor the hardware of an LG when the fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin command is issued to see how the phone verifies the file. This would have to be done on an already rooted LG device by someone with the knowledge to do so. I'll see what else I can learn and report back.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to expensivePaperWeight For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift expensivePaperWeight Ad-Free

22nd August 2018, 01:46 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by expensivePaperWeight

Hello, I'm here.
I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I want to help and I think I'm more than capable. Let me say some things about myself (not being vain) just to see if I could get a pointer as to how I can start helping.

I'm a problem solver. I'm a coder. I learn new things really quickly, especially when they are complicated. I've rooted and ROMed and tweaked out many different phones and tablets, and discovered my own exploits to get things done on the PC side of things.
Unfortunately my experience with "lead-climbing" in the phone and tablet universe is limited. I mean I've mostly just followed posted instructions to carry out my roots, etc.
So while I want to help get root for this device, I don't want to brick it either. I have several older phones to experiment with, but most of them have root and rom available online already. What can I do to start getting into the thick of it and help discover new content? I want to (and believe I'm capable) bring something useful back to this community that has helped me through the years.
The most important thing in owning a device IMO is debloating and installing a root firewall.
If any vets want to take me under their wing, or give me some training style projects, I would be all over that. Anything to get me caught up so I can start making my own solutions.

In the mean time, I'm going to see if I can track down this unlock.bin and reverse-engineer out the dev-ID and IMEI, as I think that's the key to making an unlocker for the Stylo 4.

Edit: I think these guys were attempting to figure out LG's algorithm for creating the unlock.bin. They discovered the bin file is basically a file header with a 2048 bit RSA key tacked on. Since the exact input string, as well as the private cipher key is unknown, it becomes virtually impossible to RE the algorithm. The best advice I saw is to monitor the hardware of an LG when the fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin command is issued to see how the phone verifies the file. This would have to be done on an already rooted LG device by someone with the knowledge to do so. I'll see what else I can learn and report back.

That's great news.. keep up the good work.. the g7 themes work for the most part.. i paid for 2 Android pie themes, one FC the system ui the other dark one works perfectly for the most part.. gives the phone a custom rom feel to it.. i also noticed lg has a habit of adding devices to the unlock list after about a month of releasing their US unlocked variant.. hopefully we make the list..
The Following User Says Thank You to lowkeyst4tus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lowkeyst4tus Ad-Free
22nd August 2018, 04:34 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Does anyone think our Stylo 4 will get Pie? Is this whole Project Treble thing legit?
22nd August 2018, 04:46 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Has anyone tried to use an ADB flash tool in order to unlcok boot-loader?
Also wanted to say im a returning member. I have been gone off this website for about 3 years. I use to work with samsung phones in my past but recently been caught in the dread of real-life. (Lol) just graduated high school and planning to major in computer sciences. Wish me luck.
But on to the real deal here, im willing to help in anyway I can to get this phone fully functional of obtaining root/trwp/roms.
https://www.techdroidtips.com/unlock...tylo-4-q710ms/

This might be a fake, but if anyone can clarify it isn't. That would be great.
22nd August 2018, 02:55 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentyFoursWorld

Has anyone tried to use an ADB flash tool in order to unlcok boot-loader?
Also wanted to say im a returning member. I have been gone off this website for about 3 years. I use to work with samsung phones in my past but recently been caught in the dread of real-life. (Lol) just graduated high school and planning to major in computer sciences. Wish me luck.
But on to the real deal here, im willing to help in anyway I can to get this phone fully functional of obtaining root/trwp/roms.
https://www.techdroidtips.com/unlock...tylo-4-q710ms/

This might be a fake, but if anyone can clarify it isn't. That would be great.

I cant call it fake.. it was written to early.. its for unlocking bootloader via lg, but lg hasnt added us to the list, they might after selling a certain amount of stylo 4s but nothing in stone yet..

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech15

Does anyone think our Stylo 4 will get Pie? Is this whole Project Treble thing legit?

It looks promising.. we have to keep in mind that budget phones get ignored and with lg track record they might release a stylo 5 with Android pie..
The Following User Says Thank You to lowkeyst4tus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lowkeyst4tus Ad-Free
22nd August 2018, 03:54 PM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:

I cant call it fake.. it was written to early.. its for unlocking bootloader via lg, but lg hasnt added us to the list, they might after selling a certain amount of stylo 4s but nothing in stone yet..

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

It looks promising.. we have to keep in mind that budget phones get ignored and with lg track record they might release a stylo 5 with Android pie..

Budget phones getting ignored is an understatement. I threw my question out there at the same I just realized my wife's Stylo 3 Plus hasn't received Oreo..cool midrange phones but weak updates. I reached out to LG about the 3 plus and got some generic meaningless reply.
I'm no developer but I really am thankful for people like you and others on here who are willing to look into a bootloader unlock. Hopefully something gets worked out so we can get into ROMs and keep this phone going
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tech15 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tech15 Ad-Free
27th August 2018, 05:01 AM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 779

More
volume booster
Quote:

Yes and no.. it was made around the release of the device before the writer knew lg wasn't ready to add the Stylo 4 to the unlock list.. in the comments he says he will correct it..

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Just a quick update.. while everyone with the skills and knowledge work on root, I'm working on rootless mods that get close to the real thing.. the modded Google cam 5.2 works but seems basic compared to the stock lg cam.. I'll play with it again if I get 32bit ar sticker port.. I have working volume booster that boost sound 60% & trust me it gets pretty loud.. the difference is very noticeable.. substratum & Andromeda works.. best $2 I ever spent.. the downside is someone needs to make us themes.. the themes I tested either don't work giving me a soft brick or partially work and looks strange.. we just need a substratum theme builder to transform our entire UI.. another downside is not debloating.. but I'm ok with that.. can Andromeda be reverse engineered to give us temp root? It actually does make substratum work as though the phone is rooted.. could be the key.. I will keep posting working stuff here till a mod give us a place for it.. NBD..

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

I'm testing themediy.apk to see if I get a working substratum theme for our device.. easy but time consuming.. the PC method easier but a lot more work.. wish me luck

could you share the volume booster. I love this phone coming from a high end HTC phone. I'm over paying for phones. Thanks in advanced.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to METHOD1911 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift METHOD1911 Ad-Free
27th August 2018, 05:12 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by expensivePaperWeight

Hello, I'm here.

Nice!! That's some hardwork, any updates about it ?
27th August 2018, 06:16 PM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Right now I can only debloat with adb commands, nothing more than that! The sound quality of the speaker is so bad and it can be greatly improved if I can flash the dolby atmos zip but no luck as no root available.
The Following User Says Thank You to eddie24902005 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eddie24902005 Ad-Free
27th August 2018, 06:41 PM |#40  
Flag Sea of Tranquility, Moon
Thanks Meter: 569

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs down
OK, I've gotta ask, who thinks this phone is the biggest pile of **** they've ever owned? Not to toot my horn, yeah, I'm tooting it, been rooting /modding since Donut, I've been an XDA Newsriter and I've written for Android Headlines, I've also been a recognized contributor here on XDA. So all that being said, I've owned a Nexus since the 4 and my last the 6P. I've also owned the Stylo 1 & 2. But this thing, I'm surprised I haven't smashed it into a billion pieces yet. It lags, random reboots, lags, lags, calls voicemail at least 10 times a day on it's own, texts all my friends and others I don't know, it lags, the fingerprint sensor is a joke, the mic barely works, so it's no longer useful as it's basic form and finally but not least, it frickin LAGS! OMG! My OG Huawei Ascend would mop the floor with this turd. I publicly offer to purposely brick this POS because it doesn't deserve to be rooted and get custom ROMS. How can you people think this phone is great? Oh yeah, did I mention my stylus I'm guessing fell out or jumped to it's death because one day I noticed it was no longer a thing. Worst phone I've ever owned. Period.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mustangtim49 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mustangtim49 Ad-Free
27th August 2018, 10:32 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangtim49

OK, I've gotta ask, who thinks this phone is the biggest pile of **** they've ever owned? Not to toot my horn, yeah, I'm tooting it, been rooting /modding since Donut, I've been an XDA Newsriter and I've written for Android Headlines, I've also been a recognized contributor here on XDA. So all that being said, I've owned a Nexus since the 4 and my last the 6P. I've also owned the Stylo 1 & 2. But this thing, I'm surprised I haven't smashed it into a billion pieces yet. It lags, random reboots, lags, lags, calls voicemail at least 10 times a day on it's own, texts all my friends and others I don't know, it lags, the fingerprint sensor is a joke, the mic barely works, so it's no longer useful as it's basic form and finally but not least, it frickin LAGS! OMG! My OG Huawei Ascend would mop the floor with this turd. I publicly offer to purposely brick this POS because it doesn't deserve to be rooted and get custom ROMS. How can you people think this phone is great? Oh yeah, did I mention my stylus I'm guessing fell out or jumped to it's death because one day I noticed it was no longer a thing. Worst phone I've ever owned. Period.

Maybe you have to update the phone or a faulty phone, in my case I didn't have any lag or anything, I'm a heavy user, I use a lot of apps on the background even multiwindow still no lag at all
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ItzTropic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ItzTropic Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-stylo-4

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)