Thanks Meter: 7

By hidronico, Junior Member on 15th July 2018, 06:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th August 2018, 10:32 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangtim49

OK, I've gotta ask, who thinks this phone is the biggest pile of **** they've ever owned? Not to toot my horn, yeah, I'm tooting it, been rooting /modding since Donut, I've been an XDA Newsriter and I've written for Android Headlines, I've also been a recognized contributor here on XDA. So all that being said, I've owned a Nexus since the 4 and my last the 6P. I've also owned the Stylo 1 & 2. But this thing, I'm surprised I haven't smashed it into a billion pieces yet. It lags, random reboots, lags, lags, calls voicemail at least 10 times a day on it's own, texts all my friends and others I don't know, it lags, the fingerprint sensor is a joke, the mic barely works, so it's no longer useful as it's basic form and finally but not least, it frickin LAGS! OMG! My OG Huawei Ascend would mop the floor with this turd. I publicly offer to purposely brick this POS because it doesn't deserve to be rooted and get custom ROMS. How can you people think this phone is great? Oh yeah, did I mention my stylus I'm guessing fell out or jumped to it's death because one day I noticed it was no longer a thing. Worst phone I've ever owned. Period.

Maybe you have to update the phone or a faulty phone, in my case I didn't have any lag or anything, I'm a heavy user, I use a lot of apps on the background even multiwindow still no lag at all
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ItzTropic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ItzTropic Ad-Free

27th August 2018, 10:34 PM |#42  

More
Guys I got good news, at least expect some fast updates Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-08-27-17-29-16.png
Views:	1154
Size:	254.8 KB
ID:	4582422 !!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ItzTropic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ItzTropic Ad-Free
28th August 2018, 01:18 AM |#43  
Flag Sea of Tranquility, Moon
Thanks Meter: 569

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzTropic

Guys I got good news, at least expect some fast updates Attachment 4582422 !!!!

The only problem with system updates is that further patch against exploits that could possibly be used to gain root access to the system. Subject change, I've got one guy above that says he does not experience lag, does anyone else want to back him up or jump on my hate train? OK, back to the other subject, I'd stay away from updates if you truly want to gain SU privileges. The worst is having to downgrade and is not always possible. My phone is on the June update and my apps are religiously updated, so that's not my phones issue, it just sucks. Have any of you that praise this phone ever owned a top tier flagship phone? Because this is so not a Nexus 6p!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mustangtim49 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mustangtim49 Ad-Free
28th August 2018, 11:56 AM |#44  

More
Quote:

The only problem with system updates is that further patch against exploits that could possibly be used to gain root access to the system. Subject change, I've got one guy above that says he does not experience lag, does anyone else want to back him up or jump on my hate train? OK, back to the other subject, I'd stay away from updates if you truly want to gain SU privileges. The worst is having to downgrade and is not always possible. My phone is on the June update and my apps are religiously updated, so that's not my phones issue, it just sucks. Have any of you that praise this phone ever owned a top tier flagship phone? Because this is so not a Nexus 6p!

I'm just saying my experience with the device no need to get defensive or hating cuz of this, if you want trash the phone and that's it, I'm just here to check for root status not for silly shity comments about it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ItzTropic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ItzTropic Ad-Free
29th August 2018, 12:47 AM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:

Wow. Like the other guy stated: he's never had the issues you've experienced. Frankly neither have I. No one's hating on you or attacking you. You came on a thread about the Stylo 4, you trashed it and kind of left it at that. It's not that we don't believe you, but it's just not what we've dealt with personally on our phones. I bought the Stylo 4 on one of the first days it was available. I've also had the Stylo 2 and 3. Didn't have issues with those either. I buy these phones with the understanding that they're not high-end phones. It's not a Note 8 or 9. I've owned a Note 5 and S7. Both were great phones but they're not very budget friendly. The Stylo series is, however. It doesn't have off the wall specs. There's a lot it doesn't have but you do realize this phone is only $179, $30 or even free in some cases depending on port ins or current deals the carriers have. It has 2gb RAM so I experience a bit of lag, yes but only when I'm running a lot of apps in the background.
I haven't had the phone reboot randomly, dial voicemail or do anything crazy. You mentioned the 6P? That phone was the center of a lawsuit against Huawei. That phone had the famous Nexus name but suffered from a bootloop issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to tech15 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tech15 Ad-Free
29th August 2018, 06:41 PM |#46  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm just saying my experience with the device no need to get defensive or hating cuz of this, if you want trash the phone and that's it, I'm just here to check for root status not for silly shity comments about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech15

Wow. Like the other guy stated: he's never had the issues you've experienced. Frankly neither have I. No one's hating on you or attacking you. You came on a thread about the Stylo 4, you trashed it and kind of left it at that. It's not that we don't believe you, but it's just not what we've dealt with personally on our phones. I bought the Stylo 4 on one of the first days it was available. I've also had the Stylo 2 and 3. Didn't have issues with those either. I buy these phones with the understanding that they're not high-end phones. It's not a Note 8 or 9. I've owned a Note 5 and S7. Both were great phones but they're not very budget friendly. The Stylo series is, however. It doesn't have off the wall specs. There's a lot it doesn't have but you do realize this phone is only $179, $30 or even free in some cases depending on port ins or current deals the carriers have. It has 2gb RAM so I experience a bit of lag, yes but only when I'm running a lot of apps in the background.
I haven't had the phone reboot randomly, dial voicemail or do anything crazy. You mentioned the 6P? That phone was the center of a lawsuit against Huawei. That phone had the famous Nexus name but suffered from a bootloop issue.

OK, you two realize I attacked no one, right? That being said, I'm gonna come off seeming a little offensive here, but honestly, you guys kinda attacked me and because of either your ignorance or just not reading my post, the first thing I said was the most important. If you really want an exploit to root your phone, the best thing you can do is refrain from system updates, not give advice to do them in a post that the main discussion is achieving root. So bad advice, no system updates! Secondly, all those bs websites that say root stylo 4 are bots that make the same claim for every phone that comes out. You want some malware, go play on those sights. I'm trying to help you guys, even if you think I'm a dick, I still have quite a resume and might know what I'm talking about. Short of LG adding the stylo 4 to their bootloader unlock program, it's a wrap boys and girls. Where does anyone get attack from my first reply? Really? Then trash Nexus? My phone is not defective, it boots up and starts impersonating an Android phone. The rom is junk, the hardware is not enough for the API Level, it's a perfect example of the rampid fragmentation that is still prolific throughout Android.
The Following User Says Thank You to mustangtim49 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mustangtim49 Ad-Free
29th August 2018, 07:10 PM |#47  

More
Please explain how me or the other person on here attacked you lol? All we said is we don't have issues with our Stylos. If it can't be rooted then I'm okay with that. Interesting you mentioned about malware because I agree with you on that actually. I've gone on some of those websites wanting to get a root method and I've been dumb in downloading something. Needless to say the next thing I had to do was just wipe windows and reload lol

On a side note to your profile pic: fox bodies rock! See? Something else we agree on! Those cars are frigging awesome
The Following User Says Thank You to tech15 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tech15 Ad-Free
31st August 2018, 01:20 AM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by METHOD1911

could you share the volume booster. I love this phone coming from a high end HTC phone. I'm over paying for phones. Thanks in advanced.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...volume.booster

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Quote:

OK, I've gotta ask, who thinks this phone is the biggest pile of **** they've ever owned? Not to toot my horn, yeah, I'm tooting it, been rooting /modding since Donut, I've been an XDA Newsriter and I've written for Android Headlines, I've also been a recognized contributor here on XDA. So all that being said, I've owned a Nexus since the 4 and my last the 6P. I've also owned the Stylo 1 & 2. But this thing, I'm surprised I haven't smashed it into a billion pieces yet. It lags, random reboots, lags, lags, calls voicemail at least 10 times a day on it's own, texts all my friends and others I don't know, it lags, the fingerprint sensor is a joke, the mic barely works, so it's no longer useful as it's basic form and finally but not least, it frickin LAGS! OMG! My OG Huawei Ascend would mop the floor with this turd. I publicly offer to purposely brick this POS because it doesn't deserve to be rooted and get custom ROMS. How can you people think this phone is great? Oh yeah, did I mention my stylus I'm guessing fell out or jumped to it's death because one day I noticed it was no longer a thing. Worst phone I've ever owned. Period.

I hate that there's no root.. but the g7 themes work great so my ui is Android pie.. there's alot of new features i really like.. for a free phone i cant complain..
31st August 2018, 01:33 AM |#49  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech15

Please explain how me or the other person on here attacked you lol? All we said is we don't have issues with our Stylos. If it can't be rooted then I'm okay with that. Interesting you mentioned about malware because I agree with you on that actually. I've gone on some of those websites wanting to get a root method and I've been dumb in downloading something. Needless to say the next thing I had to do was just wipe windows and reload lol

On a side note to your profile pic: fox bodies rock! See? Something else we agree on! Those cars are frigging awesome

I've got a 93 calypso coupe, 306, 67mm turbo. Yeah, XDA has always been known for its flaming threads, lol, guess everyone was misunderstanding each other. Anyway, well today my charging port took a deuce, another point for **** status. I don't know, I could see if I had a hardware issue or I wasn't on the latest update (June security patches) that the phone my be defective, I did the hardware check in setting, optimize, blah blah blah, maybe my opinion of what lag is differs than others. I'm sticking to it sucks and the only reason I'm on this thread was because I was checking for a root strategy. Doesn't look very good for our team.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Quote:

I've got a 93 calypso coupe, 306, 67mm turbo. Yeah, XDA has always been known for its flaming threads, lol, guess everyone was misunderstanding each other. Anyway, well today my charging port took a deuce, another point for **** status. I don't know, I could see if I had a hardware issue or I wasn't on the latest update (June security patches) that the phone my be defective, I did the hardware check in setting, optimize, blah blah blah, maybe my opinion of what lag is differs than others. I'm sticking to it sucks and the only reason I'm on this thread was because I was checking for a root strategy. Doesn't look very good for our team.

Hey, could guys hit the thanks button for my being a dick or maybe for the solid advice I gave?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mustangtim49 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mustangtim49 Ad-Free
31st August 2018, 03:19 AM |#50  
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Quote:

Maybe you have to update the phone or a faulty phone, in my case I didn't have any lag or anything, I'm a heavy user, I use a lot of apps on the background even multiwindow still no lag at all

The update made mine run better.. before I did it the phone kept lagging and getting hot.. those issues are fixed but some apps like Facebook have minor bug with freezing.. once i refresh it fixes..

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Quote:

Guys I got good news, at least expect some fast updates Attachment 4582422 !!!!

Hell yeah.. means we might get Android pie..

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Quote:

That is correct.. root will be harder, but not impossible.. as long as we have bootloader access some like myself can live dangerous.. i was thinking about getting another one for root and not updating it.. the newer the patch the harder it is to get substratum to work.. it creates some system ui error with most themes.. they updating some themes for Android pie so that might not still be the case.. but they definitely give me that custom rom feel..
31st August 2018, 07:25 AM |#51  

More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Hey, could guys hit the thanks button for my being a dick or maybe for the solid advice I gave?

Lol to your lower comment
Your car sounds and probably is badass
Honestly man I'd turn that thing into warranty. There's zero reason to have all the issues you've stated. The only phone I've had issues like that was the Samsung Galaxy Lite. It was 30 bucks so I expected it to be a pretty crappy phone of course but damn it was a pile. Fortunately I got it replaced under warranty from metro pcs.
As far as root goes I'm trying to be optimistic. I know with this phone it looks difficult
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-stylo-4

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)