FORUMS

LG Stylo 5 - question

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By arietgr, Junior Member on 1st April 2020, 04:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, just asking, since i cant find any useful information, is there at the moment, or at any time in the near future, going to be a development thread for the LG- Stylo 5?

right now, i cant even seem to find a useful guide to root the device, or install TWRP (not just talking about XDA, but EVERYWHERE)
if you google it, you get a bunch of links to guides that "seem" good, but its like non of the people there know what they are saying, like "click *here* to download twrp" and it send to team-win but they dont even have the img for the stylo 5

like every guide out there(about the stylo 5) is just some idiot did copy-paste from other stuff

what im saying, sorry if it comes out wrong, it seems that XDA is the only place to find useful stuff, and will there be anything for Stylo 5?
10th April 2020, 09:42 PM |#2  

More
As far as I can tell the bootloader on the phone is locked so it can't be rooted unless some exploit is found. I got one cheap to use as a second phone to play around with, and thought about rooting it but it looks like it's a no go for now.
12th April 2020, 08:44 PM |#3  

More
I'm having the same trouble
Quote:
Originally Posted by arietgr

Hi, just asking, since i cant find any useful information, is there at the moment, or at any time in the near future, going to be a development thread for the LG- Stylo 5?

right now, i cant even seem to find a useful guide to root the device, or install TWRP (not just talking about XDA, but EVERYWHERE)
if you google it, you get a bunch of links to guides that "seem" good, but its like non of the people there know what they are saying, like "click *here* to download twrp" and it send to team-win but they dont even have the img for the stylo 5

like every guide out there(about the stylo 5) is just some idiot did copy-paste from other stuff

what im saying, sorry if it comes out wrong, it seems that XDA is the only place to find useful stuff, and will there be anything for Stylo 5?

I'm having the same trouble. Everything i find is garbage and won't work . To make it worse mines a LM-Q720CS . Cricket sucks . i can't get them to give me the unlock code or anything.

So what I'd like to ask is " Is there anything i can do to unlock my stylo 5 ? Or at least some cool stuff ?
7th May 2020, 01:58 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I think they need more Stylo 5 development forums too
They should make a forum on LG site mainly.A discussion is cool but I've had smaller phones with more support.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhichShaggy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WhichShaggy Ad-Free
18th May 2020, 05:31 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
https://developer.lge.com/resource/m...yId=CTULRS0702

Has anyone tried this?
29th June 2020, 06:14 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Android Q is now available for this phone. Already updated on Metro.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-stylo-5

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)