lolipop vs my picture option headache

Search This thread

bulukaki

Not really hoping for answers since there's not many info in google, but well, here it is. this message was number 27500 on an "ask any question" thread and seemed like everyone just skipped it due to the detailed info I wrote and decide to answer the short ones :D

Just getting a new android 5.0.2 running cyanogenOS. The only thread here in xda can be found when typing "andromax cyanogen" in search box.

Now, the problems.
- bbm will show "bbm has stopped responding" with an OK button when I click on "picture" option to change display picture. However, clicking on "sample picture" and camera icon will do its job fine and the display picture will change accordingly.
- xda app will show "xdamobile has stopped responding" with an OK button when I click on the camera icon below.
- fb lite app will show "app has stopped responding" with an OK and report button when I try to attach a picture when replying to a post. But, when I created a post, I am able to include a picture on the post.
- upon reboot, phone will get stuck on cyanogen logo, randomly
- also randomly, phone refuse to wake up no matter what after being left untouched for at least 1 hour. Have to physically remove the battery and replug to be able to turn on phone.

What I did:
- upon the 3rd day of getting phone, I decide that I want to get titanium backup of apps so I can save my internet quota. So I root using Kingroot 4.5 and install TB to found out that physical sdcard is now useless and that's why the phone has generous space (1.88gb system, 4.77gb internal/legacy/emulated).
- I then searched xda and found out to add an extra line in /system/etc/permissions/profile.xml to make physical sdcard usable again. Then I found out about those apps errors. I thought, it must be the extra line that makes the os messed up.
- so I did a factory reset via settings. Didn't seem to actually clean everything up because when I click on playstore it recognizes my email add right away. Then I reboot into recovery, did a wipe media, wipe cache, wipe data/factory reset and then turned phone off, removes battery and physical sdcard.
- upon reboot it said "android os is upgrading" and it counted from 1-116. Now I thought it truly is clean, as it asked me my gmail address for Google playstore. I DIDN'T ROOT THIS TIME. The first thing I install is bbm, then I reboot before setting up bbm. Guess what. Upon setting bbm (waiting for that circle to stop spinning), when it came to, my bbm pin stays the same and the problem of unable to change display picture using the "picture" option still stick.
- then I searched around to find a way to reflash the phone and after I did, well, everything brand new and clean. But the same problems with those apps PLUS the later that I mentioned.

Does anyone has a clue of what's going on? Or what to search for, to be blamed as the culprit(s)? The info on this phone is very limited almost none available.
I have tried to make a trouble ticket from bbm app but using chrome and uc browser, the form would just keep reloading without being sent. Dunno what's wrong. Will try tomorrow using a computer, although I doubt that they will provide a satisfactory answer (like when I still actually uses a bb device, they insisted that my os5 device would have to run bbm8 in order for them to run a diagnostic and help me, which actually destroys my bb, that's why I moved on to another android beside this oppo)

Thank you for the time to read. I hope that someone would shed some light for the badly confused me :banghead:

bulukaki

Device giving problem is Haier G36C1H, known as AndromaxQ.

The only info available here in xda can be found when typing "andromax cyanogen" in search box. Google wise it will only give info on how to root which obviously a copy of info made available here in xda

Sent from my R2001 using XDA Free mobile app

droid_god

May 1, 2015
lucknow
Cpu-z is an app which gives info of all hardware your device have

Sent from my SM-G355H using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Did this problem existed from first day

Sent from my SM-G355H using XDA Free mobile app

bulukaki

Antutu Benchmark already gives almost the same info. I have a screenshot that I cannot post due to the problem.

Existed from day 1? Yes for bbm. Not sure about this xda mobile app as I was focused on "curing" bbm.

Well since you insisted, I took pictures of antutu info from the problem device. Let me edit some info and post the pics asap

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1xp5ltlnek0t0je/AACTgldjQsCkKozAoXhGrcmOa?dl=0

Sent from my R2001 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited: