FORUMS

looking for a phone that can turn on upon being plugged in, to use as a car hotspot

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By daddyshark, Junior Member on 26th August 2020, 12:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
trying to set up a hotspot in my car. I currently have a verizon jetpack, the problem is that when the battery dies, it turns off until someone manually turns it on again. I'm looking to use a phone as a permanent hotspot in the car, but that requires that it be able to turn itself on when power is introduced to its usb port.

does anyone know of a phone that can do this that is compatible with Verizon? I was hoping to buy a phone that was a couple years old, in the $100 range
26th August 2020, 07:11 AM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyshark

trying to set up a hotspot in my car. I currently have a verizon jetpack, the problem is that when the battery dies, it turns off until someone manually turns it on again. I'm looking to use a phone as a permanent hotspot in the car, but that requires that it be able to turn itself on when power is introduced to its usb port.

does anyone know of a phone that can do this that is compatible with Verizon? I was hoping to buy a phone that was a couple years old, in the $100 range

Find a phone that is fastboot compatible to work with this method and is also compatible with Verizon.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp9G6A6EFlA

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)