FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

has anyone managed to get TWRP working on cubot x19?

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By kusti420, Junior Member on 12th July 2019, 09:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
have been messing around with it countless of times, through my port i'm able to boot into TWRP but i'm not able to do much else, the touch isn't working but even while using a mouse i'm not able to create backups, install gsi's etc. can't mount necessary partitions. If anyone has been able to port twrp to cubot x19 successfully then please hit me up.
19th July 2019, 07:04 PM |#2  
Flag Bern
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Which TWRP for the Cubot X19?
Hi

Which TWRP have you tried to flash?
When you try to flash a TWRP that is not compiled for the Cubot X19 you will fail.

Beceause the Cubot X18+ and the Cubot X19 are quite similar, I am trying to adapt the Unofficial TWRP for Cubot X18 Plus to the Cubot X19. Its not very complicated, but not easy too. I have compiled simple programs, but till now no TWRP.

Best regards from Switzerland
Christopher
21st July 2019, 09:29 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3O_CH

Hi

Which TWRP have you tried to flash?
When you try to flash a TWRP that is not compiled for the Cubot X19 you will fail.

Beceause the Cubot X18+ and the Cubot X19 are quite similar, I am trying to adapt the Unofficial TWRP for Cubot X18 Plus to the Cubot X19. Its not very complicated, but not easy too. I have compiled simple programs, but till now no TWRP.

Best regards from Switzerland
Christopher

I dont remember from what phone the original twrp was from but i just searched for one from the phone that would have similar specs and then change out few files and then i got the twrp to boot, but couldnt really do much with it after that
21st July 2019, 11:48 AM |#4  
Flag Bern

More
That won't work.
When you see the discussions concerning the Cubot X18+ TWRP that does not work with the Cubot X18 (without plus) on https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...6750t-t3806752 you will see that even these small differences are important.
When you flash a wrong recovery, you can brick a device. To prevent this, TWRP aborts when the device description and the description in the TWRP-file are different.

Ther are different tutorials how to create an new TWRP. I am learning these now and then I will compile a TWRP for the Cubot X19. When this was succesfull, I will publish a test-file here.

Best regards
Christopher
29th July 2019, 06:39 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
HI,
I am looking forward to your compile your TWRP for the Cubot X19.
Best regards
Bernard
29th July 2019, 08:39 AM |#6  
Flag Bern

More
I am only a experienced user, not a developer.
So I contacted the guy who has compiled the TWRP for the Cubot X18 plus.
He has no time to compile TWRP for other devices, but he gave me the advice to try simply to change the kernel and that this is a zimage-file.
I downloaded the Android Image Kitchen https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2073775, unpacked first the boot.img, than the X18-plus-TWRP.image, replaced and renamed there the kernel, repacked and flashed it.
It booted with the TWRP-logo - and that was all. The device was soft-bricked.
Or I made somethimg wrong, or the differences between Cubot X18 plus and Cubot X19 are bigger than expected, this way of "quick and dirty" modification didn't work.

So I stopped this activity and tried to flash the phh-treble-ROM.
But this is quite complicated without TWRP, beceause the Cubot X19 ROMS are buggy.
With the stock-pie-ROM the fastboot and the oem bootloader unlock doesn't work.
And the oreo-stock-ROM-recovery refuses to update zip-files (signature-failure) and adb sideload.
After a long weekend with a lot of trial and error I could flash the phh-treble-ROM (with the oreo-stock-recovery), but I couldn't flash zips and install Magisk or NanoDroid correcly.

So I have to go back to adapt the TWRP.
The kernels in the boot.img fo the stock-ROMs from oreo and pie have different sizes.
It didn't work with the pie-kernel, but I think that the kernel for the X18-plus-TWRP was oreo.
My last try to adapt the TWRP will be when I replace the oreo-kernel.
Or has somebody a better suggestion?

Best regards
Christopher
29th July 2019, 10:25 AM |#7  
Flag Bern

More
I tried to adapt the X18-plus-TWRP replacing the zimage-kernel from the X19-oreo-stock-ROM.
But his didn't work too.

I also suggested the Cubot X19 to TWRP-Builder.
But the list of builds in queue is long, and the oldest suggestions are waiting since 24-Mar-2019.

So I think that there is no other way than a clean TWRP-build.
But for the next days I need a break, also beceause my ressources are very limited (ME / CFS) and I have to let operate once again my broken hand.
If anybody wants to continue, he is welcome.

Best regards
Christopher
The Following User Says Thank You to G3O_CH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift G3O_CH Ad-Free
16th October 2019, 07:34 AM |#8  

More
root cubot x19
Hi,
Did you manage to root cubot x19?
thanks in advance
17th October 2019, 02:29 PM |#9  
Flag Bern

More
How to root the Cubot X19
Quote:
Originally Posted by alain16

Hi,
Did you manage to root cubot x19?
thanks in advance

Yes, Magisk https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445 is working fine.
Actually it is a bit complicated, because the recovery is buggy and zip-files can't be installed directly.

First you have to download and install the Magisk.apk to your phone.
Then you have to copy the boot.img from the unzipped image to the phone and modify this with magisk.
Finally you have to reflash this motified boot.img to your phone (with the Mediathek Flash Tool).

I am looking together with the Cubot support to fix the recovery (they fix and I test).
I was surprised how competent and flexible the Cubot support works.
Another problem (watermark of the missing Google-Key) we have fixed quite fast and I will write the solution in the next days here.

Best regards
Christopher
23rd October 2019, 09:46 AM |#10  

More
Quote:

Yes, Magisk https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445 is working fine.
Actually it is a bit complicated, because the recovery is buggy and zip-files can't be installed directly.

Then you have to copy the boot.img from the unzipped image to the phone and modify this with magisk.
Finally you have to reflash this motified boot.img to your phone (with the Mediathek Flash Tool).

I am looking together with the Cubot support to fix the recovery (they fix and I test).
Another problem (watermark of the missing Google-Key) we have fixed quite fast and I will write the solution in the next days here.

Best regards
Christopher

thank you very much
7th November 2019, 08:40 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:

Best regards
Christopher

This TWRP for Cubot X19
https://unofficialtwrp.com/twrp-3-3-1-root-cubot-x19/
TWRP won't save the selected language ( Russian default).

- Download and extract TWRP RECOVERY.IMG ( linkabove ).
- In Windows ADB unlock command = "fastboot flashing unlock" (phone start on fastboot, command : "ADB reboot bootlader" )
- Flash TWRP recovery (RECOVERY.IMG) in SP_Flash_Tool (only recovery)
- Restart to TWRP recovery right away.. By holding Power + Volume up (Keep holding to pass orange state screen) then in small text screen use VL+ to scroll and VL- to select.
- First TWRP ( take a while to load) will ask for password > Cancel > Select language ( right button) > slide Allow modification.
- In TWRP recovery mount system (then go to system/system/) and rename "recovery-from-boot.p" > "recovery-from-boot.p.bak"
- In recovery install Magisk 20.1 ( https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/...gisk-v20.1.zip)
- Restart to recovery again
- Format data
- Install "Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_02.04.2019.zip"
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397887333
- install TWRP: this zip file to by pass Orange state and it work perpectly: (https://www.mediafire.com/file/dn1e0..._v0.3.zip/file)
- Reboot system ( not install TWRP option) and active Magisk.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cubot-x19

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)