Originally Posted by frast1
I do not understand what causes you twrp not installed.
I just do it like this, before installing twrp via adb, I need TurnOn OEM unlock. Settings> Developer option> OEM unlock.
then install via adb:
1. Fastboot OEM unlock
2. Fastboot flash recovery
3. Fastboot reboot
This is the tool that I use
1) command "adb devices" - OK, on command window is "0123456789ABCDEF device"
2) command "adb reboot bootloader" - OK, phone boot to FASTBOOT mode, on phone display is "=> FASTBOOT mode ..."
3) command "fastboot oem unlock", - OK, allow command on phone volume up, then phone return to FASTBOOT mode
4) command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img", OK on phone display and command window is all OKAY
5) command "fastboot reboot" - phone reboot, all phone settings is on factory settings (china language,... ).
6) after allowing usb debuging - command "adb devices" on command window is "0123456789ABCDEF device"
7) command "adb reboot recovery", phone boot to recovery, but there is no twrp app, there is only green droid (the droid lies on its back, has an open front with a red triangle and a vicar), below the droid image is "no command"
thanks for help
edit: my device is not rooted, can it be a problem?