By IronTechmonkey, Recognized Contributor on 5th February 2016, 06:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th January 2020, 03:44 PM |#1011  
Flag singapore
Thanks Meter: 325

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctormaligno

Thank you so much for answering and for your time.

I had already tried that before posting here, but no cloud accounts appear there, only the text editor.
It turns out that doing that is the same as adding a shortcut from the app widgets or using "Add to... / home screen" from within the app.

The issue, I just found out, is with WebDav, because all of the above work with Dropbox, but non of them work with WebDav.

Is there anyway to add a home screen shortcut to a WebDav cloud client?

Thanks.

Sorry but I'm unable to help here as I don't use WebDav client.

I'm assuming that if that account be added as a file location and can be seen in the app listing it should be able to provide a shortcut.

I can get shortcut for Google Drive too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chooks06 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chooks06 Ad-Free
9th January 2020, 03:04 AM |#1012  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,220

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thank you so much for answering and for your time.

I had already tried that before posting here, but no cloud accounts appear there, only the text editor.
It turns out that doing that is the same as adding a shortcut from the app widgets or using "Add to... / home screen" from within the app.

The issue, I just found out, is with WebDav, because all of the above work with Dropbox, but non of them work with WebDav.

Is there anyway to add a home screen shortcut to a WebDav cloud client?

Thanks.

It works as with every cloud or locale folder. If you look at my screenshots you can see some of my clouds in bookmarks, at the bottom you´ll see 4Shared wich is connected as WebDav. Im my case I open that storage in Mix, long press on the adress bar (red square), you´ll get a drop down menu, choose "add to..." and next "Home screen".
Done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200109-024732~2.png
Views:	176
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	4921925   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200109-024817.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	4921927   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200109-024849.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	4921931   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200109-025028~2.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	4921933  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolfcity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wolfcity Ad-Free
9th January 2020, 08:51 AM |#1013  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcity

It works as with every cloud or locale folder. If you look at my screenshots you can see some of my clouds in bookmarks, at the bottom you´ll see 4Shared wich is connected as WebDav. Im my case I open that storage in Mix, long press on the adress bar (red square), you´ll get a drop down menu, choose "add to..." and next "Home screen".
Done.

Hi, Wolfcity, thank you for taking the time to answer.

Before posting here about this particular issue in the first place, I went through all the steps you talk about (among others).
Yes, it lets you create the home screen shortcut.
The issue is that the home screen shortcut doesn't work properly, it only opens MiXplorer in its default folder.
That's the reason of my query in the first place.

Have you tried doing it yourself and then clicking that home screen link?
Does it take to where it should?
It doesn't in my case, and it does when creating home screen shortcuts from other cloud services.

Thanks.
9th January 2020, 04:42 PM |#1014  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,220

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Before posting here about this particular issue in the first place, I went through all the steps you talk about (among others).
The issue is that the home screen shortcut doesn't work properly, it only opens MiXplorer in its default folder.

It doesn't in my case, and it does when creating home screen shortcuts from other cloud services.

Thanks.

For me it opens the Mix tab that contains the content of 4Shared. I tried the same with SMB storage and different clouds and it always opens the correct content. I don't know why it doesn't work for you. Have you set Mix to save the tabs as you want them to be when you open it?
Tap the small triangle on the upper left and "save tabs now"?

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wolfcity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wolfcity Ad-Free
9th January 2020, 06:51 PM |#1015  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,317

More
Quote:

Thanks.

Quote:

For me it opens the Mix tab that contains the content of 4Shared. I tried the same with SMB storage and different clouds and it always opens the correct content. I don't know why it doesn't work for you. Have you set Mix to save the tabs as you want them to be when you open it?

I'm beginning to wonder if this may relate to an existing but not widespread issue where user-designated default tab is not remembered.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
10th January 2020, 09:45 AM |#1016  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs

I've done that indeed.

Could it be a specific problem with Nextcloud webdav?
That doesn't make sense to me, but since I have no idea what's going on...
14th January 2020, 05:55 AM |#1017  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
@IronTechmonkey would it be possible to add an option to only show thumbnails for images? As it is now, when gojng to view-options, there is only one global option of show thumbnails or not. I don't need a thumbnail of every single file on my phone but do need one when in a folder with photos. Because there is only one setting, MiX slows down, ever so slightly, to load all the thumbnails of the dozens of files I have.

If there were an option to have two settings for thumbnails (if some users actually want thumbnails of files which you can't read anyway), one like already exists except maybe "show all thumbnails" and add another "show only photo thumbnails" or maybe the first one could be "show file thumbnails" and then the user can choose either or both.

Thanks for a pretty awesome app!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to srvctec For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift srvctec Ad-Free
14th January 2020, 09:29 PM |#1018  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,317

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by srvctec

@IronTechmonkey would it be possible to add an option to only show thumbnails for images? As it is now, when gojng to view-options, there is only one global option of show thumbnails or not. I don't need a thumbnail of every single file on my phone but do need one when in a folder with photos. Because there is only one setting, MiX slows down, ever so slightly, to load all the thumbnails of the dozens of files I have.

If there were an option to have two settings for thumbnails (if some users actually want thumbnails of files which you can't read anyway), one like already exists except maybe "show all thumbnails" and add another "show only photo thumbnails" or maybe the first one could be "show file thumbnails" and then the user can choose either or both.

Thanks for a pretty awesome app!

Disclaimer We have HootanParsa to thank for the MiXplorer app and development thread. I merely assembled this FAQ.

As to your suggestion: On my devices I see thumbnails (not to be confused with file-type icons) for file types for which they would be appropriate such as images and pdf, and I may not be fully understanding your suggesting but I do get the gist of it and would count as a +1 for picture-only-thumbnail setting as feature request. Note: View settings may affect how different users perceive this.

This might be worth posting in the main thread (after checking to see if it has been discussed recently). If you do I'll pop-in with a +1.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faq, instructions, manual, mixplorer, q&a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)