Post Reply Email Thread
10th February 2020, 12:45 PM |#1041  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 1,182

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosvou

I also use 2 other file managers at the same time which work perfect, but I don't like their ui. If it was firewalls problem then there would be the same problem to the other 2 file managers.

No clue.
10th February 2020, 12:51 PM |#1042  
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marciozomb13

No clue.

Manually it works but it's not a solution. I want to scan and find them all automatically. I can't know all pc names and IP.
10th February 2020, 01:17 PM |#1043  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,521

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosvou

I also use 2 other file managers at the same time which work perfect, but I don't like their ui. If it was firewalls problem then there would be the same problem to the other 2 file managers.

Depending on whether a firewall is on a router or on an individual device or how it is configured it can indeed block individual apps. So firewall is a possibility, but there are other possibilities, such as a simple mis-configuration in the MiXplorer bookmark or an extra setting they require on the computer. In any event to troubleshoot it you can capture a MIXplorer log while attempting to create a bookmark to that Samba share and post the bug report in the main thread.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
14th February 2020, 05:10 AM |#1044  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 4

More
1) Indispensable software - props as always to Hootan et al 😎

2) More of a minor pet peeve than anything, but can anyone clarify why a "json" folder appears in the Download folder repeatedly and which function it serves?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200213-200610.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	4950051  
14th February 2020, 01:01 PM |#1045  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 1,182

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4umexdeeay

1) Indispensable software - props as always to Hootan et al 😎

2) More of a minor pet peeve than anything, but can anyone clarify why a "json" folder appears in the Download folder repeatedly and which function it serves?

100% sure MiXplorer don't created this folder.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marciozomb13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marciozomb13 Ad-Free
15th February 2020, 03:20 PM |#1046  
Thanks Meter: 336

More
Presence of multiple dated files : 'Deleted......' all with 0 bytes.
What are they and what creates them?

Since I installed Mix, I've noticed the presence of these 'deleted' files.

Are they created by Mix when I delete something?
What are they for?
Do they allow 'undelete'? How?
How do I avoid their creation?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20200215-085558.png
Views:	132
Size:	169.8 KB
ID:	4950981  
15th February 2020, 04:17 PM |#1047  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeme2

Presence of multiple dated files : 'Deleted......' all with 0 bytes.
What are they and what creates them?

Since I installed Mix, I've noticed the presence of these 'deleted' files.

Are they created by Mix when I delete something?
What are they for?
Do they allow 'undelete'? How?
How do I avoid their creation?

Interesting. It is my understanding that MiXplorer's undo feature uses a folder called .recycle so even if those files are a byproduct of the MiX undo feature it seems odd that they would be in the root of internal storage. Later today I'll have a chance to enable undo on one of my devices and see if I can reproduce that.

[EDIT] I enabled Undo, then recycled some files on internal SD and external SD. In both cases the material was in the .recycle folder on the respective drive. Additionally, IIRC in the past the files in .recycle were cryptically named in but now seem to maintain their original names. Neither naming scheme seems to resemble the files in your screenshot. Are you sure those files that say deleted are actually a byproduct of a MiXplorer action?
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
15th February 2020, 07:00 PM |#1048  

More
Thanks for replying.

No, I don't know where they come from. That's why I asked.

In Mix settings I notice I have 'logging' enabled. Do you have logging enabled too? Maybe that's where they come from.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20200215-125735.png
Views:	134
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	4951269  
15th February 2020, 09:33 PM |#1049  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeme2

Thanks for replying.

No, I don't know where they come from. That's why I asked.

In Mix settings I notice I have 'logging' enabled. Do you have logging enabled too? Maybe that's where they come from.

Not logging but fact that they are zero size stands out a bit whether they are from a MiX operation or not. I could imagine them being an index of deleted items, or the result of some sort of macro that named and placed them there but I don't see a direct connection to MiX.

You could do some basic forensics to see what activities you were performing that might have been associate with those files. EG, search for other files created on the same date, likewise for apps used on same date, or remnants of apps that had been used on the same date (SD Maid is good for this but complicated, MiX app remnants might also be informative), any apps you've uninstalled since you know (with certainty) that those files were not there. This may sound silly but once you've got some leads such as a time or a place or particular application then remember/imagine what you might have been doing at that time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
15th February 2020, 11:35 PM |#1050  

More
Thank you.
The mystery continues.....
17th February 2020, 07:42 AM |#1051  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marciozomb13

100% sure MiXplorer don't created this folder.

Are you any percentage above zero clear on what *does* create these folders? 🤔

If the source of creation is unknown, can anyone share what a "json" folder even is or what it does? Or which tech support community I might ask?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faq, instructions, manual, mixplorer, q&a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)