6,801 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,839

By IronTechmonkey, Recognized Contributor on 5th February 2016, 05:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th May 2020, 10:32 AM |#1141  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 33,222

More
First many thanks for the support and the app.
Here's my feedback and some suggestions to make it more "Intuitive" for first adopters when coming from other Browsers.
By the way, I will order today the paid version on Play to support your work

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

MiXplorer should remember the view and sort settings per-folder recursively into subfolders. So, the sort setting made in a given folder will apply to that folder and subfolders. Admittedly a bit prone to accidental change later. If it is not working that way perhaps there is a glitch.

Upon trial, yes, it works that way. Thank you
However, look at this use case: I set the custom sort order (Newer) at the base of the TAB (DirD1). I browse into the folders (DirD2, DirD3). I change the sort order of DirD3 to AZ, I continue to recursively browse in more folders until DirD5. I apply the sort Newer view again on DirD5. When I exit the app, the sort order AZ will be kept on DirD3 and DirD4 and their subfolders: [SDCARD (Newer)] --- [DirD3-DirD4 and subfolders (AZ)] --- [DirD5 and subfolders (Newer)]
I tried to save the Tabs Once after applying the "Newer" sort view at the base of the tab. But, if some folders are modified to AZ, on app restart the sort order saved at the base of the TAB doesn't apply again to all the subfolders.

Basically: I would have expected an "Apply to TAB" check box under Sort Options, which would apply the selected sort order to all the TAB

Hope you got my point, but I will live with it now that I understood the logic
Coming from other Browsers, I really didn't get the point.

Quote:

Have you tried Settings > More settings > Custom datetime format? Accepts common values such as MM/dd/yy HH:mm:ss, which is how mine is configured. IIRC there was a recent attempt to list these but I cannot find that post.

Yes, but never pressed Save button because by default, when entering the "Custom datetime format" option, it showed the correct format I wanted ! I assumed it is showing the currently applied setting and I used the back button to exit without saving. Seems silly, but I thought it was to change the year/month order and that by default it was showing the currently applied format. There is no check box to enable/disable the custom date format and no clear way to revert to the default view (today, just now...). Now, on testing, I see that I have to delete all the format patterns and click on Save to get back to the default time display. I was expecting a check box to enable/disable the "Custom datetime format" Also, when entering that option, I was expecting it showing the currently used format which was not the case when today, just now, 2 days ago... format is used

Quote:

I'm may not understand. If it's the active tab it seems expected that it would be scanned upon open or display but it does seem odd that it would fail that way then only work after app restart (if I'm even understanding properly). Might be worth logging creation of the bookmark.

I have a TAB with SMB server access properly configured. I browse through the SMB folders in the TAB. I keep MiXPlorer active and turn off the display or I switch to another TAB, or I switch to another app. After no more than 30 sec-1mn, I return to the SMB TAB. When I browse, it displays the rotating search icon for ever. I have to exit the app and go back to the SMB TAB to be able to browse the folders on the NAS. I had no issues with any of the previous browsers I used.

Hope it is clearer now. Let me know if you need a debug log on that part.
Again, I am a new adopter of your app and really like the advanced functions, the code editor, the sign APK function and all the archive/media integration plugins. It is just amazing. Hope you can look at my "intutive" suggestions.

Best regards
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil3759 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phil3759 Ad-Free
12th May 2020, 05:39 AM |#1142  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Trying to copy data from one team drive to another suddenly a messege pops up 'acceess denied'
'Only one file is copied"
12th May 2020, 01:31 PM |#1143  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil3759

First many thanks for the support and the app.
Here's my feedback and some suggestions to make it more "Intuitive" for first adopters when coming from other Browsers.
By the way, I will order today the paid version on Play to support your work

Upon trial, yes, it works that way. Thank you
However, look at this use case: I set the custom sort order (Newer) at the base of the TAB (DirD1). I browse into the folders (DirD2, DirD3). I change the sort order of DirD3 to AZ, I continue to recursively browse in more folders until DirD5. I apply the sort Newer view again on DirD5. When I exit the app, the sort order AZ will be kept on DirD3 and DirD4 and their subfolders: [SDCARD (Newer)] --- [DirD3-DirD4 and subfolders (AZ)] --- [DirD5 and subfolders (Newer)]
I tried to save the Tabs Once after applying the "Newer" sort view at the base of the tab. But, if some folders are modified to AZ, on app restart the sort order saved at the base of the TAB doesn't apply again to all the subfolders.

Basically: I would have expected an "Apply to TAB" check box under Sort Options, which would apply the selected sort order to all the TAB

Hope you got my point, but I will live with it now that I understood the logic
Coming from other Browsers, I really didn't get the point.

Yes, but never pressed Save button because by default, when entering the "Custom datetime format" option, it showed the correct format I wanted ! I assumed it is showing the currently applied setting and I used the back button to exit without saving. Seems silly, but I thought it was to change the year/month order and that by default it was showing the currently applied format. There is no check box to enable/disable the custom date format and no clear way to revert to the default view (today, just now...). Now, on testing, I see that I have to delete all the format patterns and click on Save to get back to the default time display. I was expecting a check box to enable/disable the "Custom datetime format" Also, when entering that option, I was expecting it showing the currently used format which was not the case when today, just now, 2 days ago... format is used

I have a TAB with SMB server access properly configured. I browse through the SMB folders in the TAB. I keep MiXPlorer active and turn off the display or I switch to another TAB, or I switch to another app. After no more than 30 sec-1mn, I return to the SMB TAB. When I browse, it displays the rotating search icon for ever. I have to exit the app and go back to the SMB TAB to be able to browse the folders on the NAS. I had no issues with any of the previous browsers I used.

Hope it is clearer now. Let me know if you need a debug log on that part.
Again, I am a new adopter of your app and really like the advanced functions, the code editor, the sign APK function and all the archive/media integration plugins. It is just amazing. Hope you can look at my "intutive" suggestions.

Best regards

A bit of clarification. I'm not the developer nor do I officially speak for the developer of MiXplorer. I've merely assembled the FAQ (volunteered by another user with the permission of the developer). It is HootanParsa who earns all the credit and deservedly the support of your donation. It's also HP to whom some of your good feedback should be directed but I'll speak to what I can.

As to tabs, assuming things have not changed recently this would be the expectation:

Saving the tabs saves the default open tabs and active tab, but not the sort order of the viewed content.

The sort order is set and saved per directory (actually per path) the moment you set the sort order in the bottom bar without having to save the tab and should run down through subdirectories. An exception to this which is logical but which I had not considered until exploring your questions is that where the same material is accessed by different paths each path will remember its own sort order, e.g

/storage/[external SD]
/mnt/media_rw/[external SD]

As to the custom date field; having only set it once and never tried to clear it I was unfamiliar with (or forgot) the behavior and did not know the default value which seems to be M/d/yyyy HH:mm:ss.

This is definitely worth flushing out and incorporating into the FAQ, and also serves as an example of the challenges of documenting with MiXplorer's somewhat unique flow of development. Also, I've just not had as much time in the last several months to document the features as they come out. Thanks for the clatification

I agree with your assessment of the intuitiveness of the custom date-time panel and potential improvements and think that's worth directing to HP.

As to that spinner on the SMB tab, if that were only occurring after screen off then on I would suggest checking the MiX wakelock setting [Settings > more settings > Full wakelock] but that seems moot if the same thing is happening after going to another then and returning with screen on the whole time. This one does seem worth logging and posting in the main thread.

I'd be glad to put a link in the main to your posts here, or if you prefer you could repost there. Either way, there are more experienced users who participate in that thread as well as the developer. Thanks for the input.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
13th May 2020, 07:42 PM |#1144  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 33,222

More
Quote:

I'd be glad to put a link in the main to your posts here, or if you prefer you could repost there. Either way, there are more experienced users who participate in that thread as well as the developer. Thanks for the input.

Thank you for the clarification,
If you can forward my suggestions to the dev in the spirit of improving the app, I would appreciate it.
Best regards
19th May 2020, 08:00 PM |#1145  
Flag Morristown, TN
Thanks Meter: 214

More
I found an issue that makes me not want to use this app. When I try to copy a file (ttf font file) from my downloads folder to the system/font folder mixplorer tells me there is not enough free space. I've mounted it as RW but it doesn't work.
But when I use solid explorer it works just fine. The file transfers from downloads to the font folder and then is visible in the font list in any other app. What good is a root file explorer that can't modify the root folder?
19th May 2020, 10:38 PM |#1146  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookymyo

I found an issue that makes me not want to use this app. When I try to copy a file (ttf font file) from my downloads folder to the system/font folder mixplorer tells me there is not enough free space. I've mounted it as RW but it doesn't work.
But when I use solid explorer it works just fine. The file transfers from downloads to the font folder and then is visible in the font list in any other app. What good is a root file explorer that can't modify the root folder?

There's no need to make it sound like MiXplorer cannot modify root folders in general just because it cannot modify them on your device. It's working fine here on 5 devices with different Android versions.

As to your issue - it is worth logging because that will answer most of basic questions right away, such as what type of root method is in use and if root has been enabled in MiX settings. MiX logging is described in post 7 of this thread. When you share the log we may not find an answer but we will almost certainly find clues. The fact that it works in another file manager is a good sign that it can be made to work in MiXplorer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
26th May 2020, 11:16 AM |#1147  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is there a way to scroll pictures in Google Drive? In internal storage you can swipe to go next or back, but for some reason it does not work in Google Drive. I tested in Solid and it works fine. Thanks for the help!
Yesterday, 10:51 PM |#1148  
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Is it possible to have the bottom bar with the search, add file, select all and sort order buttons not disappear when I scroll up and down?
Yesterday, 11:22 PM |#1149  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumy1234

Is it possible to have the bottom bar with the search, add file, select all and sort order buttons not disappear when I scroll up and down?

View (in bottom bar) > options > swipe down to refresh.

You may also find other compartmentalized settings within other menus and buttons.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
Today, 06:02 AM |#1150  
Flag Považská Bystrica
Thanks Meter: 156

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumy1234

View (in bottom bar) > options > Show-hide bars by scrolling
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faq, instructions, manual, mixplorer, q&a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)