6,931 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,111

By IronTechmonkey, Recognized Contributor on 5th February 2016, 05:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th June 2020, 11:53 PM |#1181  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
Here are lists of MiXplorer's main groups of settings, some of which have been recently (Spring 2020) compartmentalized to be more accessible to from within the functions to which they relate.

------
Main settings (within the app there are slightly expanded descriptions of the settings in this group)

Settings > More settings >

Update
Allow Root
Auto Remount
Swiping in first and Last tabs
Update media store
Merge tasks
Tap to execute
Startup Lock
Split action bar
Bottom bar
Tab bar
Breadcrumb
Enable OTG
Select by icon
Last modified tme
Animations
Undo
Fixed encryption key
Open archive
Show Toast
Full wake lock
Show Tab Close button
Logging
Custom datetime format
Reset
Export

------
View settings

View > Options >

Show hidden globally
Show hidden cursorily
Show thumbnails
Show extensions
Show full of long names
Show thumbnails while scrolling
Cache thumbnails
Auto folder if you
Highlight visited folders
Pinch to zoom
Drag and drop
Swipe down to refresh
Show parsed by scrolling
Dual panel in landscape
More details
Live counting

------
Sort settings

Sort > Options >

Folders first
Sections

------
Rearrange buttons within menus and button bars

Settings > Buttons >

------
Bookmark settings

Drawer (Bookmarks) > Menu > options >

Detailed
Sort by icon
Editable
Fixed drawer in landscape
History
Reverse and pin list from…
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
15th June 2020, 12:11 AM |#1182  

More
MiX Nugget - Add-ons
This is a simple list of MiXplorer Add-ons

Archive
Codecs
Metadata
PDF
SMB2
Tagger
Autotag
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
23rd June 2020, 05:32 PM |#1183  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
I have a question. Recently I have been trying to compress a bunch of files to a .zip file. How do u do this in MiXplorer?
23rd June 2020, 08:35 PM |#1184  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_Ninja2099

I have a question. Recently I have been trying to compress a bunch of files to a .zip file. How do u do this in MiXplorer?

Select source items > Menu > Archive (task is placed in queue in top bar) > Navigate to target location for the new archive (if not same as current folder) > Open queue (clipboard icon) > Invoke task > Select desired options > OK.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
30th June 2020, 08:37 AM |#1185  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by notstpaul

Settings>More settings>Auto folder preview

That setting doesn't seem to exist in the latest versions. Any newer suggestions?
30th June 2020, 09:24 AM |#1186  
日本
Thanks Meter: 4,639

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.p.

That setting doesn't seem to exist in the latest versions. Any newer suggestions?

Different place. Top right menu > View > Options... > Auto folder preview

The Following User Says Thank You to Ultramanoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ultramanoid Ad-Free
1st July 2020, 03:34 AM |#1187  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Changelog v6.47.2_B20062830
Hi! Don't know if it's the right place to ask this question. Sorry in advance if it's not.

Changelog of v6.47.2_B20062830 says "Rename the addons extension from 'apk' to 'mia' and tap on it, then Import. You don't need to install the addons anymore". Does it mean that by doing this* we are able to uninstall each add-on installed because they are now "integrated" into MiXplorer? Thanks in advance!

* This is: copying each add-on apk file to any folder, renaming its extension name to "mia", taping on it and choosing import, right?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nirnic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nirnic Ad-Free
1st July 2020, 04:33 AM |#1188  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirnic

Hi! Don't know if it's the right place to ask this question. Sorry in advance if it's not.

Changelog of v6.47.2_B20062830 says "Rename the addons extension from 'apk' to 'mia' and tap on it, then Import. You don't need to install the addons anymore". Does it mean that by doing this* we are able to uninstall each add-on installed because they are now "integrated" into MiXplorer? Thanks in advance!

* This is: copying each add-on apk file to any folder, renaming its extension name to "mia", taping on it and choosing import, right?

I was wondering about that as well. It says we don't need to install them but then describes a process of importing them much like we would skins or settings. I can't tell from that whether they are truly integrated or whether this is just a way to avoid the Android installer and that without importing they would not be present. Considering the history of mix staying lightweight by using add-ons I'd be surprised if they were all integrated.
I will test on a clean installation of the latest version of mixplorer when I have a chance ( next couple of days). Meanwhile maybe someone who knows the answer will post. This question might be worth posting in the main thread as well.

[EDIT] I tested a clean installation of latest version of MiXplorer making sure to uninstall all add-ons first. The base installation does not include the add-ons and when I renamed the installer for an add-on from .apk to .mia it imported and installed OK. It can be removed from within mixplorer. Now I'm thinking this is just an additional method or a move to a new method for installing the add-ons.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
1st July 2020, 05:23 AM |#1189  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

I was wondering about that as well. It says we don't need to install them but then describes a process of importing them much like we would skins or settings. I can't tell from that whether they are truly integrated or whether this is just a way to avoid the Android installer and that without importing they would not be present. Considering the history of mix staying lightweight by using add-ons I'd be surprised if they were all integrated.
I will test on a clean installation of the latest version of mixplorer when I have a chance ( next couple of days). Meanwhile maybe someone who knows the answer will post. This question might be worth posting in the main thread as well.

Thank you!

I have followed those steps with the image add-on and MiXplorer's size has increased. Would that mean it is truly integrated? If you need to keep the add-on installed, what sense would it have? Would it just save you installing updates? And can the process be reverted?

I will post these questions in the main thread. Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 05:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

[EDIT] I tested a clean installation of latest version of MiXplorer making sure to uninstall all add-ons first. The base installation does not include the add-ons and when I renamed the installer for an add-on from .apk to .mia it imported and installed OK. It can be removed from within mixplorer. Now I'm thinking this is just an additional method or a move to a new method for installing the add-ons.

Nice!

What do you mean by "it can be removed from within mixplorer"?
By doing that, are add-ons installed as separate apps?
The Following User Says Thank You to Nirnic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nirnic Ad-Free
1st July 2020, 06:34 AM |#1190  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirnic

Thank you!

I have followed those steps with the image add-on and MiXplorer's size has increased. Would that mean it is truly integrated? If you need to keep the add-on installed, what sense would it have? Would it just save you installing updates? And can the process be reverted?

I will post these questions in the main thread. Thanks again!
Nice!

What do you mean by "it can be removed from within mixplorer"?
By doing that, are add-ons installed as separate apps?

By "truly integrated" I mean that the add-ons would be part of the initial installer and not removable after installation, which we know is not the case from the test (yay!). As mentioned I think this is a new way to install add-ons manually without requiring the native Android package installer.So, if MiX add-ons are not being installed as separate app but as a supplemental part of MiX (which may account for the size difference you mentioned) there would have to be another way to uninstall them. That is what I meant by "it can be removed from within mixplorer" which has been the case for some time: like so: Settings > Add-ons > tap an Add-on's x icon to remove it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
5th July 2020, 07:10 PM |#1191  

More
FAQ Update
Finally some productive movement regarding "nuggets".

Nuggets are free-standing and complete descriptions of specific functions in individual thread posts which are then linked to a growing index in one of the FAQ OPs, which should make the answers they provide easier to find than when buried in the OP mega-posts. Meanwhile, descriptions of the UI; list views, bookmarks, etc which are likely to be where new users start exploring the app would remain in the FAQ OPs.

Here is some of what has been done in the past month or so:.

- Searched FAQ and main thread for existing nuggets for which there was no existing reference in the FAQ OPs, fleshed them out (if needed) and added links them; https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...52&postcount=5

- New nuggets created for simple things such as lists of settings (https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1181) and add-ons (https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1182) so that material would no longer occupy space in the OPs.

- A modest bit of reorganizing and formatting of the Nugget section in order to make it look better as a reference list. (https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...52&postcount=5).

- FTP, HTTP and TCP servers consolidated into one nugget attempting to describe the steps a user would take to configure them as opposed to just the description of the raw servers which had been there before: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...50&postcount=4. Particular thanks to the person(s) (I forgot who) that at one point mentioned that the descriptions of the servers (as detailed as they may have been) did not serve well as a walk-through guide to configuring and using them.

- Searching for items. Although this function is one the nearest and dearest to me, it had never been fully documented in the FAQ (no less keeping up with app changes over time). A recent conversation in the main thread precipitated an exploration and a new nugget about searches: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1170

- Updated a tabs nugget but may bring that one back into the UI focused OPs.

- General cleanup.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faq, instructions, manual, mixplorer, q&a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)