6,394 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,807

By IronTechmonkey, Recognized Contributor on 5th February 2016, 05:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th March 2016, 07:24 AM |#21  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 28,248

More
Great work @IronTechmonkey, I appreciate it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]

6th March 2016, 07:28 AM |#22  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 28,248

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YexuanXiao

[Q]How to export album cover? I was only find add it.

Good idea. I'd add it.
Thanks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th March 2016, 01:36 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Galaxy S7edge
I just installed this on my galaxy S7 edge (not rooted) but I can only seem to acccess content stored on the internal SD and not the external SD card
The built in file explorer and other file tools all seem to recognise the external drive without me setting anything up - so how can I get MXplorer to access the card?
I am using my external card in the default mode provided by amazon and do not want to go down the new route in Marshmallow of combining the external internal memories with each other. I also don't want to root the device (at least not when I have only had it for a couple of weeks)
18th March 2016, 02:37 AM |#24  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbswales

I just installed this on my galaxy S7 edge (not rooted) but I can only seem to acccess content stored on the internal SD and not the external SD card
The built in file explorer and other file tools all seem to recognise the external drive without me setting anything up - so how can I get MXplorer to access the card?
I am using my external card in the default mode provided by amazon and do not want to go down the new route in Marshmallow of combining the external internal memories with each other. I also don't want to root the device (at least not when I have only had it for a couple of weeks)

Firstly, your cautious approach to making significant system changes (such as rooting) is sensible. Along those lines, IMO Marshmallow's "adoptable" storage feature (which uses external SD as internal storage) has significant downsides and should not be used unless necessary, and then only after it is carefully researched. It formats and encrypts the SD card in ways the make future use of the SD card inflexible. I can go on a longer and very cynical rant about that feature but suffice it to say; again, good idea to be cautious here as you have been.

As to the reported issue of the accessing External SD card. It is a know issue that is being chased and which varies across different sets of circumstances. Several iterations of this issue have been reported but more reports could not hurt. I recommend that you report it at the MiXplorer thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1523691, including the details of your device (some of which you have provided here) - Android version, ROM or stock variant, Root method if any, SU method if any, specific version of MiXplorer and a description of the exact steps you take to reproduce the issue. Also, and perhaps most important, include a log taken while the issue is reproduced. MiXplorer includes it's own logging feature. You would enable logging in MiXplorer's settings, then exit MiXplorer, then open MiXplorer and reproduce the issue, then close MiXplorer, then share the most recent log in your post. The logs will be in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mixplorer/log. Note: the log directory will not appear until MiXplorer logging has been enabled and used at least once.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
14th April 2016, 05:59 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Maybe is a good idea, hace a tap to show all my smb windows
14th April 2016, 08:42 PM |#26  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portovelo

This thread is for the MiXplorer FAQ and instruction about how to use MiXplorer. Please post feature requests and bug reports in the MiXplorer development thread where they will get more direct attention for the developer. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1523691. Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
10th May 2016, 06:14 AM |#27  

More
Deleted
10th May 2016, 06:15 AM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portovelo

BTW I think others may have asked about this in MiXplorer thread.
10th May 2016, 06:16 AM |#29  

More
Will add this to FAQ, but there is a new Tabs option to "Save on exit" which once invoked will save whatever tabs were opened at app close and can be turned off by using the existing "Save tabs" option to save the presently opened tabs.

Testing post links.

URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...94&postcount=1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
20th May 2016, 11:41 PM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen_Walker

Hi man. I found same answer for your FAQ.
1. This is enable full filenames for grid view mode (grid, large grid, extra large grid) in page.
2. This is merge analog task for user. example: I choose 1 file and pres copy, this is create task. but I want copy another file too, and I choose another file and pres copy, mixplorer ask me if I want to combine tasks, and if I agree tasks combined. Then I open the merged task and execute it. This is work for copy, move, archive, encrypt, decrypt operations.
3. This is create icon preview in folders contains some files. I don't know how many types support this. but Video, Picture and APK files show icon preview in folders.

@Allen_Walker Thank you very much for filling in these gaps in the FAQ. I'll stitch them into the OPs here. If anyone else would like to thank @Allen_Walker for these helpful additions you can do so in this post in the MiXplorer development thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=13819. If anyone has more additions to the MiXplorer FAQ please post them here in the FAQ thread.

[EDIT] I explored these, made some minor some editorial changes based on additional discoveries and the flow of the FAQ, and added them to the OPs.

Also Here is more about one of the additional discoveries:

The "full filenames" option also applies to list views but since list views can accommodate longer names the name has to be very long before this setting is needed: Here is an example of how long a file name had to be before it got truncated in list view on my device/settings combination.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ListLongNameTrunc.png
Views:	426
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	3757134

Also, if "full filenames" is enabled, in some grid views an extremely long file name may be longer than the display itself. In this case the scrolling may not be able to go back up to the file icon.
Click image for larger version

Name:	GridLongNameNonTrunc.png
Views:	414
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	3757133
If this happens you can refresh the view or scroll down a bit and then back up to go higher in the view.

Thanks again for the new information without which I may not have explored further.
Also, thanks @Ultramanoid who explains the origin of the long filename setting here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=13413
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
5th June 2016, 03:46 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question
I can not backup apps as an apk but as mib or something. Is there any way to baxkup app as direct apk?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faq, instructions, manual, mixplorer, q&a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)