By IronTechmonkey, Recognized Contributor on 5th February 2016, 05:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th September 2017, 12:29 AM |#331  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 7,858

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noc.jfcbs

How about to separate FAQ/User Manual and Q&A into two separate threads. Make the FAQ then a closed thread. This thread could continue as the Q&A one, and in all of your opening posts in this just refer to the new closed FAQ thread.
You know as well as me that a lots of guys don't search prior to posting for whatever reason... I've my own, very personal assumptions about this but will keep them with me.

Although that is a reasonable organizational suggestion for some circumstances, IMO the single open FAQ may work better for MiXplorer for the following reasons:

- The FAQ is underutilized as it is, and splitting the resource might further dilute its usage. eg People who already don't distinguish between DEV and FAQ/Q&A are unlikely to distinguish between DEV and FAQ and Q&A.

- Considering the nature and flow of MiXplorer development (rapid, frequent and with narrow distinctions between test, beta, and release versions) it can be difficult to distinguish what should be categorized as Q&A or development questions so there are unavoidable Q&A questions in the main thread. Fortunately Hootan Parsa's gracious nature accommodates this. In the FAQ I'm trying to emulate HP's spirit of friendly communication.

- In spite of the fact that many people do just blurt out their questions without searching, those questions often inform future plans for the FAQ.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free

5th September 2017, 12:49 AM |#332  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4ND310

An in-app, offline complete documentation/change log file would be ideal. As an all round file manager/viewer there would really no issues implementing a new UI docs section of the app, it could be easily included to open as a tab, text, pdf, etc. file right from our main context menu. File size would be of negligible impact to the already very compact .apk.
In-line links and help/info buttons within each documentation section to further discussion/support topics, threads and FAQs could be easily included for more in-depth and detailed help.

I think a manual is a very valuable part of any piece of software, and especially one with such open ended customisation and freedom to edit as MiXplorer. The list of possible configurations is pretty much endless and a local documentation manual, updated per major version release, I think, would prove very valuable.
It would also remove *much* of the tiresome, repetitive "... Please see FAQ section, this has already been answered..." posts here, people generally don't like to search through forums before asking their question, especially several hundred pages on some boards.
I know this FAQ isn't quite that long but there is a wealth of knowledge in the main MiX' thread and nobody wants to go sifting through such a huge topic just to find out how to *insert common FAQ here*. Know?

It could even be done in a single nicely indexed HTML file which can can be opened by MiXplorer's HTML viewer or any web browser and does not impact the programming of the app at all....in fact I already did that.

The idea of an in-app FAQ was once suggested to HootanParsa who cited several reasons (some regarding the very fluidity of MiXplorer development that we've both mentioned here) for not using one. I assume that HP will say something if the status of this changes and an off line FAQ is desired, in which case I'd get back to work on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
5th September 2017, 10:34 PM |#333  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi again.
I did try to find info , but no success.
Before reinstall I could kill a video I was watching just clicking on home button and then by clicking the MIXplorer app itself it would continue stream it.Now it just goes back to folder. Is there any way to get that option again.
Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Observit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Observit Ad-Free
6th September 2017, 12:49 AM |#334  
Thanks Meter: 1,944

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

It could even be done in a single nicely indexed HTML file which can can be opened by MiXplorer's HTML viewer or any web browser and does not impact the programming of the app at all....in fact I already did that.

The idea of an in-app FAQ was once suggested to HootanParsa who cited several reasons (some regarding the very fluidity of MiXplorer development that we've both mentioned here) for not using one. I assume that HP will say something if the status of this changes and an off line FAQ is desired, in which case I'd get back to work on it.

As much as I like the option of an in-app FAQ I understand your arguments. There is that nice question mark in settings->about of Mixplorer that leads you directly to this thread, this should be ok in most cases.
If you ever do something like an in-app FAQ you can count on me if it should be translated. A friend of mine loves Mixplorer but his english is.....let´s say not so good.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolfcity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wolfcity Ad-Free
6th September 2017, 02:16 AM |#335  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observit

Hi again.
I did try to find info , but no success.
Before reinstall I could kill a video I was watching just clicking on home button and then by clicking the MIXplorer app itself it would continue stream it.Now it just goes back to folder. Is there any way to get that option again.
Thank you.

Good question. I know little about the media player and don't recall any recent previous discussion about it regarding resuming playback. You might want to post this question in the main thread. I'll watch for anything that can be added to FAQ.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
14th September 2017, 05:45 AM |#336  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
can i start mixplorer ftp server on boot its the only ftp server that works properly writing to usb drive on my android tv box
The Following User Says Thank You to Fukel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fukel Ad-Free
14th September 2017, 08:49 AM |#337  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukel

can i start mixplorer ftp server on boot its the only ftp server that works properly writing to usb drive on my android tv box

The only way that I've found to automate starting of the FTP server is to use Tasker invoke the MiXplorer FTP Widget configuration activity then simulate the screen taps required to start the server. In the past people have requested that the FTP server launch activity be exposed directly but it remains hidden (and there could be good reasons for that).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
16th September 2017, 07:30 PM |#338  

More
Test post. Lineage OS memory management is so bad that even on higher-end devices forum app closes when minimized making it nearly impossible to post good details. Grrrrrrr.

[EDIT] Was charting next FAQ update live in XDA Labs on LOS when the aforementioned dreadful RAM management lost the work. More fool me for writing live in this case. Will regroup later to work in off line text files as I usually do.
17th September 2017, 11:44 PM |#339  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 28,615

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukel

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

The only way that I've found to automate starting of the FTP server is to use Tasker invoke the MiXplorer FTP Widget configuration activity then simulate the screen taps required to start the server. In the past people have requested that the FTP server launch activity be exposed directly but it remains hidden (and there could be good reasons for that).

Did you try the latest build:
broadcast receiver for turning servers on/off:

Action: com.mixplorer.ACTION_SERVER

Extras:
type:ftp
on:true
path:/path/to/folder (optional)

Package: com.mixplorer
Class: com.mixplorer.BroadcastReceiver
Target: Broadcast Receiver

If there is still any problem, please let me know.
Thank you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2017, 02:33 PM |#340  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HootanParsa

Did you try the latest build:
broadcast receiver for turning servers on/off:

Action: com.mixplorer.ACTION_SERVER

Extras:
type:ftp
on:true
path:/path/to/folder (optional)

Package: com.mixplorer
Class: com.mixplorer.BroadcastReceiver
Target: Broadcast Receiver

If there is still any problem, please let me know.
Thank you.

Shame on me, I should be reading the changelogs.

In MiX v6.20.3_B1709171 those parameters in a Tasker task do indeed work to toggle the MiX FTP server. This give me some nice options to toggle the MiX FTP server conditionally via Tasker, and I'm going to explore how to do it from a command line from another device on the network (if possible). Since there are some inherent security risks in automatic & remote server toggling I've never pressed for this when others have asked but it sure is a nice functionality to have. Thank you.
18th September 2017, 07:01 PM |#341  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Mixplorer force close when I'm moving a picture from internal to external card
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faq, instructions, manual, mixplorer, q&a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)