By IronTechmonkey, Recognized Contributor on 5th February 2016, 06:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th October 2017, 04:30 PM |#361  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,311

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niphoet

I'm loving MiXplorer. I'm wondering how to save the tabs I have open for the next time I launch the app. Somehow I had it set, but I lost all data on my phone and had to reinstall it. I saw the instructions in OP but I can't find that option. Thanks!

Clearly explained in the "Tabs" section of this post. https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...2/post65157342. If the explanation is not clear please let me know how so.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
23rd October 2017, 02:09 AM |#362  
Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 123

More
This seems like a stupid question, since it seems so simple. My quick search of the thread didn't bring up anything relevant.

Is there a way to:
  • Toggle something that displays folder size (like it auto-shows file size)
  • Show partition sizes
???

And thank you for this amazing file explorer
23rd October 2017, 08:26 PM |#363  
Flag Cimahi, CGT
Thanks Meter: 940

More
Nice app, good for use, light, and simple of name app.
Loved it, thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to gloeyisk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gloeyisk Ad-Free
23rd October 2017, 08:36 PM |#364  
Thanks Meter: 234

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepenguin

This seems like a stupid question, since it seems so simple. My quick search of the thread didn't bring up anything relevant.

Is there a way to:
Toggle something that displays folder size (like it auto-shows file size)
Show partition sizes

???

And thank you for this amazing file explorer

Look for "Recursive Data" in Settings for the first.
For the second option, this has been talked about recently and *may* be furthered but, as of now, there is no overall partition/data-type display option inherent.

*Edit: The default Bookmarks, in the left-bar menu, have specific sections for various total file-types. Choosing one Bookmark, e.g. "Audio" and then "Select All", will then show you the total selection size in your Actions Bar, in the meantime.
The Following User Says Thank You to D4ND310 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift D4ND310 Ad-Free
29th October 2017, 06:33 PM |#365  

More
Windows 10 SMB 1 and 2
Advise about new versions of Windows 10 and SMB 1 vs SMB2: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=21938
8th November 2017, 02:04 PM |#366  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Good
11th November 2017, 01:47 AM |#367  

More
As to round v. square icons, at one time there was a logical argument for square because it is less math calculations for the graphics, but there's no point of doing that for one icon out of many especially on more modern hardware and software and everything having rounded edges. A more contemporary case for square is that:

- Groups of stacked, nested or cascaded icons that are square are easier to distinguish from each other.

- Squares more closely resemble the real world objects that the icons represent, such as folders and sheets of paper.

- Round icons waste space. To be specific, round icons waste about 20% of the space that is available in square icons of same display footprint size. With potentially hundreds of different icons, and on small screens, any additional information that an icon can present helps, and round icons are less informative than square icons.

IMO, round icons became popular in part due to a "because we can" mentality in regards to the aforementioned challenges of rendering round objects smoothly, loosing sight of the fact that what looks slick is sometimes less functional because of that very slickness. It's a slickness sickness!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
12th November 2017, 02:02 AM |#368  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1,141

More
@IronTechmonkey

Just for info, I am using samba2 version with Ubuntu Xenial and it wasn't any different in configuring samba1 shares.

One thing to add is:

server min protocol = SMB2
min protocol = SMB2

In the global area of samba config file.
Refer: https://askubuntu.com/a/881328/306358

I use it with some credentials though, since I can't figure out how to mix between anonymous shares and credentials share.
The Following User Says Thank You to shaqman89 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shaqman89 Ad-Free
14th November 2017, 04:35 PM |#369  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaqman89

@IronTechmonkey

Just for info, I am using samba2 version with Ubuntu Xenial and it wasn't any different in configuring samba1 shares.

One thing to add is:

server min protocol = SMB2
min protocol = SMB2

In the global area of samba config file.
Refer: https://askubuntu.com/a/881328/306358

I use it with some credentials though, since I can't figure out how to mix between anonymous shares and credentials share.

Thanks! I'm going for credentials once I figure it out.
14th November 2017, 04:39 PM |#370  

More
An extension of this discussion: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...691&p=74512041

For fun I used a mention of zero size files as an excuse to play (minimally) with regex by searching an external SD card for all files less than 1b and found the following zero size files (and a few of some size):

- A few app related files.
- 10 text files created as placeholders or for testing.
- A dozen or so .no media files.
- >300 empty log files from a removed app, so thank you very much - those will be cleaned, but if I was running the app I would want to preserve them for the history of timestamps.*
- A few individual Oddities worth exploring.*

* Singing the praises of MiXplorer;
I used to do a variety of searches like this and other wild card or by-type searches on office computers but on Android fell into the habit of letting the next ROM flash or SD Maid clean things up. This simple search reminded me of how much cleaning house can be done manually including finding things not otherwise found. The regex search function in conjunction with the ability to save search bookmarks is great for this sort of manual cleanup.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
18th November 2017, 02:00 AM |#371  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleo

Dont feed them
You are only doing worse
There is a button on XDA for that (and that is not "reply" button)

No, we cannot always request moderation and it is the people who arrive to the conversation late who need to refrain from posting in cases like this. I'm not blindly criticizing you, in fact this is something I need to be mindful of more than most people, but this is not the case today.

Today; In a reasonable precursor to requesting moderation, @gothicVI and I each spoke up not realizing the other was doing so at the same time. Then we received one of the most childish replies I've ever seen on XDA from the person we were calling out and coaching. Case closed. There was no reason to post anything else after that, certainly not to lecture the people who made the point and left it there. It would have been better today if you had not posted and just left that ridiculous oops post be the end of the conversation which unmasked the offender. Don't be like I've been - don't be the person who posts knowing the point has made by something else.

BTW to all, and particularly to @HootanParsa, I apologize for having been too aggressive lately in the threads and will try to stop doing that but, I will not stop calling out thread shenanigans. I will continue to do that if I'm the first person to reply but will try to be better about not jumping on the bandwagon when other people have already replied.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faq, instructions, manual, mixplorer, q&a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)