6,407 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,853

By IronTechmonkey, Recognized Contributor on 5th February 2016, 05:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th December 2018, 12:17 AM |#731  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
@FatalBulletHit, I had a chance to look at the theme and skin related documentation you created. It's quite nice; far better than a more rudimentary skin component list that I once create. There might be some serious interest in your creation; here in the FAQ, or in the Main MiXplorer thread, or in the Themer's threads, or in a separate thread. I'd suggest kicking it around here in the FAQ first if you feel comfortable doing so.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free

29th December 2018, 12:54 PM |#732  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Info 2 MiXplorer Theme Creation Overview
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

@FatalBulletHit, I had a chance to look at the theme and skin related documentation you created. It's quite nice; far better than a more rudimentary skin component list that I once create. There might be some serious interest in your creation; here in the FAQ, or in the Main MiXplorer thread, or in the Themer's threads, or in a separate thread. I'd suggest kicking it around here in the FAQ first if you feel comfortable doing so.

Thanks, will do!

So I made my own theme and needed some better understanding of the variables and what they do and ended up making an overview of (nearly) all of them.

I hope this will give anyone who wants to tweak or create a theme in the future a better understanding. For some more detailed information check out this Google Sheet* which conveniently can be found in this Google Drive Folder where also all the other images and the theme itself are stored.

The overview image is quite large and the quality is everything but perfect - if you know any image host that has a 40+ MB limit, alpha channel support and offers direct links, please tell me! Otherwise I will split it up later on.
You can also use this Imgur direct link to view it in a new tab or this Google direct link to download it (full quality).

Enough fussing about, here you go:
Theme Creation Overview (Alpha Border)

* This is work in progress right now! Any help is appreciated, preferably in form of a comment on the sheet itself.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to FatalBulletHit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FatalBulletHit Ad-Free
31st December 2018, 05:12 AM |#733  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Whoops, wrong thread.
3rd January 2019, 07:36 PM |#734  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Is it actually possible to have a black background in the MiXplorer image viewer instead of something that feels like the main colour of the image?

When viewing images these colours kind of distract from the image in my opinion.
5th January 2019, 01:22 PM |#735  
Silent Hill
Thanks Meter: 193

Donate to Me
More
Is there any way to send file/files via WiFi like Total Commander does?
I know about http/ftp/tcp servers feature, but:
1. HTTP/FTP give an access to the whole folder, not the only file or zip archive of several files. It is not convenient, requires additional actions (copying files in the separate folder with access) and could give "too much" to one who connected.
2. TCP requires both parties use MiX.

Yes, it is possible to use a separate app with features Total WiFi have, but possibly I missed something from MiX and it's plugins?
5th January 2019, 08:59 PM |#736  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayJack

Is there any way to send file/files via WiFi like Total Commander does?
I know about http/ftp/tcp servers feature, but:
1. HTTP/FTP give an access to the whole folder, not the only file or zip archive of several files. It is not convenient, requires additional actions (copying files in the separate folder with access) and could give "too much" to one who connected.
2. TCP requires both parties use MiX.

Yes, it is possible to use a separate app with features Total WiFi have, but possibly I missed something from MiX and it's plugins?

I thought the device to device Wi-Fi feature in total Commander (the feature that uses camera to scan other device) required Total Commander on both devices. How does Total Commander do that when it is on only one of the devices?

Anyhow, good question.

Bluetooth might serve your purpose, albeit that's not optimal for larger files.

Send Anywhere might or might not work, but even if that feature still exists in MiX I don't use it and could not coach about its use.

Another improvised way to do this might be to create a work folder where you only have files you want to transfer but that would work in only a limited range of scenarios and probably not yours.

I'll try to come up with more ideas and maybe there is someone else here who has some. Let's see what people say.
5th January 2019, 09:13 PM |#737  
Silent Hill

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I thought the device to device Wi-Fi feature in total Commander (the feature that uses camera to scan other device) required Total Commander on both devices. How does Total Commander do that when it is on only one of the devices?

In fact - no.
TotalCmd - WiFi module creates a http server with possibility to connect using web browser - so Total Commander may not be installed on receiving party. Also files can be downloaded separately or in one single zip archive.
Also WiFi direct connection is also possible - so Total Commander proposes quite strong feature. You can install it and test to see by yourself.
Maybe MiX can be upgraded with it in future? Actually this is the only feature that stops me to uninstall all other file managers )))
The Following User Says Thank You to GrayJack For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GrayJack Ad-Free
5th January 2019, 09:42 PM |#738  

More
Quote:

In fact - no.
TotalCmd - WiFi module creates a http server with possibility to connect using web browser - so Total Commander may not be installed on receiving party. Also files can be downloaded separately or in one single zip archive.
Also WiFi direct connection is also possible - so Total Commander proposes quite strong feature. You can install it and test to see by yourself.
Maybe MiX can be upgraded with it in future? Actually this is the only feature that stops me to uninstall all other file managers )))

I've been using Total Commander on PCs for decades and always have it on my droids. I've even used the Wi-Fi image feature but did not realize it was essentially setting up an HTTP server for one file. Thanks.

That sounds like something HootanParsa might be able to replicate. There have been past requests for some wifi-direct but I don't recall any like this one. It might be worth presenting this as a feature request in the main thread.
5th January 2019, 09:58 PM |#739  
Silent Hill

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

setting up an HTTP server for one file.*

Not only file. The same for folder / folders.*

As for feature request - I don't think my English is quite well to present the whole idea what is necessary. You've got the point - possibly you can do it?
6th January 2019, 04:29 PM |#740  

More
Quote:

Not only file. The same for folder / folders.*

OK, the TC feature handles files or folders but for making a MiXplorer feature request it is the handling of individual files we can focus on.

Quote:

As for feature request - I don't think my English is quite well to present the whole idea what is necessary. You've got the point - possibly you can do it?

I'd be glad to and will do so later today when I'm at my computer (rather than phone). In the post I'll mention you so you can find it, and I'll link to our conversation here.
6th January 2019, 06:57 PM |#741  
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HootanParsa

Tasker
Action:
com.mixplorer.ACTION_SERVER
Extras:
type: ftp or http or tcp
on: true or false (optional)
path: /path/to/folder (optional)
Package: com.mixplorer
Class: com.mixplorer.BroadcastReceiver
Target: Broadcast Receiver

Can you update this for those of us using Silver?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faq, instructions, manual, mixplorer, q&a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)