Thanks Meter: 7,873

By IronTechmonkey, Recognized Contributor on 5th February 2016, 05:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th March 2019, 05:50 PM |#811  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesantor

While coping a file it always change mtime to current. This is wrong and unwanted behavior. But I haven't found any setting option to change it.

Unfortunately this is problem of Android 6

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote:

While coping a file it always change mtime to current. This is wrong and unwanted behavior. But I haven't found any setting option to change it.

Unfortunately this is problem of Android 6.

20th March 2019, 05:54 PM |#812  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

Unfortunately this is problem of Android 6.

Try

Menu > Settings > More Settings > Last modified time = disabled and enabled to see if either of those settings works. If not then it may be time to search for an answer in the threads and or report it in the main thread.
20th March 2019, 06:01 PM |#813  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
[QUOTE=IronTechmonkey;79161676]Try

Menu > Settings > More Settings > Last modified time = disabled and enabled to see if either of those settings works. If not then it may be time to search for an answer in the threads and or report it in the main thread.[/QUOTE

Once more: this is Android bug.
The Following User Says Thank You to vesantor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vesantor Ad-Free
20th March 2019, 06:03 PM |#814  

More
Quote:

Once more: this is Android bug.

Ahh, I misunderstood (thought it was a MiX bug in 6). Thanks for clarifying.
21st March 2019, 01:57 PM |#815  
Cluj
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Hi
The last modified time, if checked, Mixplorer will try to keep the original date and time of the file. However, in case of pictures if you rotate or rename a picture, the last modified date will be the date when you edited. What I was searching for, it was an option to sort the images by the date taken.
Anyway, afterall it's a file manager not a photo editor

Cheers
21st March 2019, 02:19 PM |#816  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zo10000

Hi
The last modified time, if checked, Mixplorer will try to keep the original date and time of the file. However, in case of pictures if you rotate or rename a picture, the last modified date will be the date when you edited. What I was searching for, it was an option to sort the images by the date taken.

Cheers

In general, there may be some discussion to be had about what "original date" means (I see it as "date created" rather than "date modified"). Further complicating the terminology is the fact that "date created" could mean the time the file was first created or the time it was copied to its present location.

That being said, regarding the "date taken" stamp: Good question, I don’t know the answer, it might be worth asking in main thread.
21st March 2019, 10:11 PM |#817  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi.

Other file explorers have the ability to remount the file system as only read R/O or reading-writing R/W. For example with FX File Explorer I can easily remount the "/" and "/System" system files to R/O or R/W.

Now, with MiXplorer how can I remount this same files to R/O or R/W?

I hope your answer
22nd March 2019, 12:06 AM |#818  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,537

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zo10000

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

In general, there may be some discussion to be had about what "original date" means (I see it as "date created" rather than "date modified"). Further complicating the terminology is the fact that "date created" could mean the time the file was first created or the time it was copied to its present location.

That being said, regarding the "date taken" stamp: Good question, I don’t know the answer, it might be worth asking in main thread.

Date Taken is normally stored as meta data within the image/picture file. Not all image file formats support meta data, and not all image file creators (software or hardware) create/fill in the meta data. For a file manager to extract and use this info, it would need to read and parse every file. Imagine a directory with a few hundred images within it. So, we are left with "date created"and "date modified" which generally are controlled and determined by the operating system as to how they should be used & modified; of course most OS's allow programs to override the standard recommended manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhyfer

Other file explorers have the ability to remount the file system as only read R/O or reading-writing R/W. For example with FX File Explorer I can easily remount the "/" and "/System" system files to R/O or R/W.

Now, with MiXplorer how can I remount this same files to R/O or R/W?

I hope your answer

I previously used ES File Manager which had that feature, and from memory, I had to manually switch the system partition to RW when I wanted to modify it, and then remember to switch it back when I was finished. MiX automatically switches the RW/RO properties for me. As I only use two avenues where I need to switch to RW and back, this feature is not missing. FYI The other case is where I do something in a script.

If I could ask, what is the reason you would like the feature for?
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
22nd March 2019, 01:48 PM |#819  
Cluj
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I was thinking the same thing, that the creation date it's stored in metadata. It's not something to bother me too much, was only a question if it's possible or not.
Thank's for your answers.
22nd March 2019, 10:04 PM |#820  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

I previously used ES File Manager which had that feature, and from memory, I had to manually switch the system partition to RW when I wanted to modify it, and then remember to switch it back when I was finished. MiX automatically switches the RW/RO properties for me. As I only use two avenues where I need to switch to RW and back, this feature is not missing. FYI The other case is where I do something in a script.

If I could ask, what is the reason you would like the feature for?

Well, before knowing Mixplorer my favorite file explorer was FX File Explorer. As I've said it before, with FX it's very easy to remount the system files to R/O or R/W, and in my case I remount the system file "/System" to R/W to convert user apps as system apps and equally convert any SU app as system app, only than with MiXplorer I don't know how to remount the file system to R/O or R/W and that is something I want to know. If you know how to do it and you teach me, I thank you.
23rd March 2019, 12:08 AM |#821  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,537

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhyfer

....only than with MiXplorer I don't know how to remount the file system to R/O or R/W and that is something I want to know. If you know how to do it and you teach me, I thank you.

You do not need to worry about it. When MiX is requested to do something that requires it to mount the system partition as RW, it will do it automatically, and then automatically remount as RO when it is done.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faq, instructions, manual, mixplorer, q&a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)