By IronTechmonkey, Recognized Contributor on 5th February 2016, 05:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd March 2019, 12:08 AM |#821  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,504

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhyfer

....only than with MiXplorer I don't know how to remount the file system to R/O or R/W and that is something I want to know. If you know how to do it and you teach me, I thank you.

You do not need to worry about it. When MiX is requested to do something that requires it to mount the system partition as RW, it will do it automatically, and then automatically remount as RO when it is done.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free

23rd March 2019, 04:11 AM |#822  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,699

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

You do not need to worry about it. When MiX is requested to do something that requires it to mount the system partition as RW, it will do it automatically, and then automatically remount as RO when it is done.

Not so sure about the remount to RO part. You do anything in the system partition, even just an ls, and it's mounted as RW by default.

You can blacklist partitions so that they don't get mounted as RW (which has implications for accepting OTAs). See
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...691&p=78374828

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...691&p=78375596

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...691&p=78393217

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...691&p=78401371

And, just to finish this off, it's now working correctly. I'm using
Code:
"blacklist_mounts": "\/product,\/system,\/system_root,\/vendor",
(depending on device+Android version you may not have some of those partitions)

If you want to check what it's doing just grab some mixplorer logs and look at what they tell you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
24th March 2019, 12:32 PM |#823  
Thanks Meter: 149

More
need help, why i didn't get any thumbnail of video files on my smb remote folder? it's connected on windows 10, all sharing option is already configured. thanks before.
24th March 2019, 04:55 PM |#824  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 7,841

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrizmitnick

need help, why i didn't get any thumbnail of video files on my smb remote folder? it's connected on windows 10, all sharing option is already configured. thanks before.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...691&p=78988949
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
25th March 2019, 12:32 PM |#825  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,624

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhyfer

Well, before knowing Mixplorer my favorite file explorer was FX File Explorer. As I've said it before, with FX it's very easy to remount the system files to R/O or R/W, and in my case I remount the system file "/System" to R/W to convert user apps as system apps and equally convert any SU app as system app, only than with MiXplorer I don't know how to remount the file system to R/O or R/W and that is something I want to know. If you know how to do it and you teach me, I thank you.

Hi, I haven't read the threas too well I admit, but if you are rooted with Magisk, you can easily do that with the module found on this thread:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...er-ui-t3585851
The Following User Says Thank You to [] AL [] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [] AL [] Ad-Free
3rd April 2019, 09:58 AM |#826  
Cluj
Thanks Meter: 14

More
what happened with recycle bin? after the latest update if I try to delete anything and put it in recycle bin it says: "no permission. no items deleted".
Regards!
5th April 2019, 12:21 PM |#827  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,624

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zo10000

what happened with recycle bin? after the latest update if I try to delete anything and put it in recycle bin it says: "no permission. no items deleted".
Regards!

Log?
Exact version (Playstore or beta).

Works fine here on Version: 6.35.4 B19040310.

Although heyres one suggestion to Hootan: please add a dropdown option to empty recycle bin in one click [instead of first selecting all files in the bin and then delete].

Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to [] AL [] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [] AL [] Ad-Free
6th April 2019, 08:23 AM |#828  
Cluj
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [] AL []

Log?
Exact version (Playstore or beta).

Works fine here on Version: 6.35.4 B19040310.

Although heyres one suggestion to Hootan: please add a dropdown option to empty recycle bin in one click [instead of first selecting all files in the bin and then delete].

Thanks

Hi. I've also updated to version 6.35.4 where the issue is fixed.
Cheers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zo10000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zo10000 Ad-Free
9th April 2019, 07:21 PM |#829  
Thanks Meter: 187

More
Using android 9, when I insert a usb flashdrive, Mix shows it twice: 8346-5D91 x 2.

Why is that?

Also what is .android secure?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190409-141749.png
Views:	166
Size:	235.6 KB
ID:	4739711  
9th April 2019, 07:40 PM |#830  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 7,841

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeme2

Using android 9, when I insert a usb flashdrive, Mix shows it twice: 8346-5D91 x 2.

Why is that?

Also what is .android secure?

The duplicated instances of recently added USB drives has been reported. It may or may not be the case that only one of them is functional. I'm not sure of the status of this but to learn more you could search the main thread for similar reports and mention there that it is occurring on your device.

IIRC, the .android secure folder is a native part of the OS having to do with secure apps on external SD but my memories of it are from back when we could move apps to external SD so you might want to do some quick research for a better explanation: "what is .android secure".

In KitKat some people deleted it (I used to but don't anymore). It may not appear in all file managers, and not all file managers are capable of deleting it, but I used to so with SD card inserted directly into card reader on computer.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
9th April 2019, 10:31 PM |#831  
Thanks Meter: 187

More
Thank you for the explanation.

Another question if I may.
This is a new phone (Moto G7) which is not yet rooted. But, mix let's me explore and manipulate root files as if I was rooted. How is that possible?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faq, instructions, manual, mixplorer, q&a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)