By IronTechmonkey, Recognized Contributor on 5th February 2016, 06:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th June 2019, 01:56 AM |#861  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,016

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

I'm fairly sure there is a way to do a media scan on an individual file, for instance after an individual file operation. I recall reading about that somewhere but cannot find the source.

That may (or may not) be what MiXplorer is doing while we have the advanced setting refresh media store enabled - as opposed to manually refreshing entire media store by long pressing location.

]I would guess after a file copy/move action, a media scan of the file may be explicitly issued.

I know you can do a media scan of a single file within android. I created a shell script which iterates through each individual file or I could build an app for it, but the file browsing that MiX already does would be a HEAP of code. I was hoping there would be a way/menu item within MiX that I had yet to find. Thanks for considering about it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
24th June 2019, 04:17 AM |#862  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nussbaum

Well, you could if Mixplorer has root permission and can mount your /system writable. But i expect your file will get its old permissions if you move it back to sd. With fstab i meant to change the way you sd is mounted, but thats no easy task. If you use Magisk this could be somethong for you: https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...abler-t3670428

Thanks. I was having issues with my GPS and was thinking of copying a new gps.conf to the system/etc directory. I was simply experimenting with changing permissions of files before proceeding. It may be easier to restore a TWRP backup prior to my GPS issues.
24th June 2019, 06:24 AM |#863  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,381

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTooPhone

Thanks. I was having issues with my GPS and was thinking of copying a new gps.conf to the system/etc directory. I was simply experimenting with changing permissions of files before proceeding. It may be easier to restore a TWRP backup prior to my GPS issues.

You can overlay the existing gps.conf using Magisk. Assuming you're on the latest version of Magisk simply create
/data/adb/modules/gpsconf/system/etc/gps.conf
using the file with your desired changes. You can also add
/data/adb/modules/gpsconf/module.prop with contents of (example)
Code:
id=gpsconf
name=gpsconf
version=v1
versionCode=1
author=MrTooPhone
description=replacement gps.conf
Reboot and you should be good to go. You can then modify the contents to your hearts desire.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
24th June 2019, 01:28 PM |#864  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

You can overlay the existing gps.conf using Magisk. Assuming you're on the latest version of Magisk

Thanks. however, I am still on SuperSU, i will make the switch on my next phone.
24th June 2019, 04:02 PM |#865  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,381

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTooPhone

Thanks. however, I am still on SuperSU, i will make the switch on my next phone.

Still possible, just a little more difficult. Create your modified gps.conf and place it in /data/local/gps.conf

Place a script in su.d
mount --bind /data/local/gps.conf /system/etc/gps.conf

Reboot. That should do the trick. You could also place gps.conf in /su rather than /data/local but I forget the exact layout in there so used /data/local/ instead.

(If that doesn't work try
su -mm -c mount --bind /data/local/gps.conf /system/etc/gps.conf
as the command. I don't remember if global namespace was on by default during boot scripts or not)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
26th June 2019, 11:04 AM |#866  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
[Question] Write to NTSF USB stick - How to setup MiXplorer?
I may not have the right MiXplorer setup to write and to properly read my NTFS USB sticks and backup disks:
- I am not able to write to my NTSF USB stick.
- Direct Link video play from NTSF USB stick mostly fails after FAT32 file length.
+ Though, copy the full NTSF length of video file and playing the copied file from phone's internal ("external") SD works well. (Tested with some 8GB+ mp4 videos.)
Searching for a better MiXplorer setup I found https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...5#post78290605 (OP #26809 on p.2681 in the developer thread) with the encouraging message "...(I tried exFAT, FAT32, NTFS and ext4) MiXplorer can always access and write on it...".

Question: What setup steps in MiXplorer will I need so thatMiXplorer can give me the same complete service for my NTFS USB sticks as it gives me for my exFAT USB sticks?
What MiXplorer setup do you experienced users use for NTSF USB sticks?

Thank you in advance!
Regards,
PeFri

P.S.1
My phones:
Galaxy S4, GT-I9505, Android 5.0.1, no root
Galaxy S7edge, SM-G935F, Android 8.0.0, no root, Samsung Experience 9.0
On both phones:
MiXplorer V 6.38.0-Silver
Inside each phone an "external" SD card kind of SanDisk Extreme PRO SDXC 95 MB/Sek, Class 10, U3, V30 (64GB in S4, 128GB in S7edge)

P.S.2
I also found https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...7#post76917167
Eleo #25218
Unfortunately, the suggested free Paragon mounter app(https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aragon.mounter) is no longer available in Play Store.
Now, June 2019, there is another Paragon NTFS mounter app. It is not free and it is exclusively tied to TC and not intended to work with any other file explorer. Therefore no option for MiXporer?
28th June 2019, 03:26 PM |#867  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,264

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avlid

It reminds a religious sect. You rush at me in defense of the developer, expressing some fantasies and conjectures. The developer does not need your services. He is an adequate normal person, I just regret that I could not convince him of the error, that's all. And you should not shame.

The defense of the app, the developer or the rules and expectations, which was directed at you was not blind. It was in response to your consistently uncooperative and rude style of communication. Furthermore, you insult most of us all by lumping our opinions together and calling them fantasy just because you and you alone disagree strongly. Whether or not your technological points are valid there is a better way to communicate them.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
30th June 2019, 11:57 AM |#868  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
[FAQ request] Write to NTSF USB stick
Hi,
Since my question in #866 I continued my search.
On the Paragon homepage I learned that the Paragon NTFS app is no longer free and and no longer an android extension open to all other editor and player apps.
But I was wrong that it is exclusively supporting TC. Yesterday I found that it also enables X-plorer to do the expected NTFS magic regarding playing long videos and writing (Add, Rename, Edit) on NTFS formatted disks from phones without root.
Though, I have found two workarounds for my NTFS needs, I would be very happy to stay with MiXplorer and to learn how to set up MiXplorer to get the same NTSF USB stick performance. I highly appreciate HootanParsa's dedication and work in creating MiXplorer as most useful and versatile explorer.
Please, consider my [Question] from #866 as [FAQ request].
Regards,
Pefri

P.S.
Some preliminary results of my testing the two workarounds. These tailor my expectations regarding the NTFS USB device features:
* For my large file tests, I prefer USB sticks with LED indicators which show me if the USB stick is working or idly waiting for work.
* Practically no positioning latency for short videos up to 1 hour play time.
* The fist long distance time jump (jump distance beyond 1 hour play time) may take up to 30 seconds.
* After the fist long jump, other long distance time jumps may need below 5 seconds to locate the exact time position.
* Surprisingly, the positioning latency does not depend on the power of the phone, is practically same on the S4 and the more powerful S7.
* Play and Jump-to performance of the videos appear to depend on
.. length of the video,
.. codec (h.265, h.264, mpeg2)
.. packetizing within the mp4 (or tS) container.
Depending on the kind of video, one out of my 3 favorite players (BSPlayer, MX Player and VLC player) performs best.
BSplayer and VLC offer a "Jump to time" option.
All three players allow to browse through the time line with the slider.
All three players support long Microsoft Windows compatible file names.
These results meet my user needs.
The Following User Says Thank You to PeFri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PeFri Ad-Free
30th June 2019, 05:39 PM |#869  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, I am trying to figure out if it is possible create auto task to assign a folder to achieve:
Find epub files and move to cloud folder daily basis.
1. Assign a folder
2. Assign a type of file
3. Move them to a cloud folder
Thank you very much
3rd July 2019, 03:28 AM |#870  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi all. I'm curious how I can fix this issue now that I've moved to MiXplorer (only just read about the crap ES pulled and how it's not even on the Play Store).

A bit of info; I run a seedbox that I connect to via SFTP to download all my content. I used to have this connected via ES File Explorer which I would then use to "Open As" a file and load it into Android Download Manager Pro (ADM Pro 7.6). ADM Pro would then download the file via the link given to it by ES. All downloads worked perfectly and would hit max speed no issue.

The links that ES would provide to ADM looked like the following;
http://127.0.0.1:59777/sftp%2Fusername%40server.address%2Fsubdirectory%2F filename.file

Since switching to MiXplorer and setting up an SFTP server in that my downloads barely work at all. It's setup using the same server, same directory, same port and same authentication but yet MiXplorer parses the links differently which I'm assuming is one of the points of failure.

When opening an SFTP file in ADM Pro via MiXplorer it will give a link like this;
http://127.0.0.1:48593/randomnumber/filename.file

These files will start to download and will eventually finish downloading, however they will never hit above a few hundred KB/s and will stop and start constantly. This is in direct contrast to the ES File Explorer links which work perfectly, don't stop/start and hit max speed.

My only assumption here is that ES was actively handing off the download directly to ADM to handle whereas MiXplorer is trying to have ADM pull the file from MiXplorer while it handles the connection. Also, if I try and copy the file location given by MiXplorer into ADM it won't work as the link given is an SFTP:// one which isn't supported in ADM (hence using ES/MiXplorer to give the link as an HTTP:// one to the localhost).
7th July 2019, 03:26 PM |#871  
Thanks Meter: 334

More
Been driving myself crazy trying to figure out the location of the Skins setting for, in my words, the "previously selected folder tint" or highlight or whatever. Screenshot of current look attached. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SS_20190707_060359.png
Views:	626
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	4788447  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faq, instructions, manual, mixplorer, q&a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)