By IronTechmonkey, Recognized Contributor on 5th February 2016, 05:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th August 2019, 01:33 PM |#901  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,027

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by User430

Does anyone have issues with SMB often losing connection, or freezes up when attempting to stream media (using MX Player) off Windows share?
When it happens while folder browsing, I realized I can can open the storage settings for the SMB share, and remove the 2 bottom lines under advanced settings: free & total.
It always auto populates back the free/total storage space on the shared drive, but upon immediate deleting and saving it, SMB populates the home directory and it's good until it's not again.
All started happening after switching to Mixplorer Silver v6.34.0 (currently v6.39.2), and removing the standard Mix & Add-ons. Settings are the same, Windows PC hasn't changed anything. Works fine on other file managers, except MiX, tried switching back to a newer version Standard Mixplorer (v6.37.0) and noticed it inherited the same problems, although not nearly as frequent.

Any help to resolve this would be appreciated. I've tried a fresh install, reconfigured it after only importing just the skin, no previous settings or even bookmarks. The configuration is:
URL: smb://192.168.x.x, Username and PW is the same as the Windows Login account. Under advanced settings, the only changes are fix_illegal_characters=1, smb1=0 & thumbnail=1.. All others I left blank.
Am I missing something here? I feel it's probably something stupid I've overlooked, but it doesn't seem to get any better with updates.

That (very well described) issue seems like it could be a bug or a new unavoidable evil, either way worth logging and posting in main thread if you've not yet found an answer.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free

12th August 2019, 05:51 PM |#902  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
There are 22 .txt files in a folder. The names of these files start 1....txt 2.....txt 3.....txt etc... Sorting 1 through 21 is what I want [A-Z].

But 22.....txt is in first place. 22.....txt is not at the end of the list. How do I fix this?

I know stupid question and I'm sorry for my English.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using XDA Labs
13th August 2019, 05:27 PM |#903  

More
@ IronTechmonkey

I'm tryin to batch rename some mp3 files from:

1 - Example
2 - Sample
to:
01. Example
02. Sample

I've played around with the regex function and done some research into it but I still can't figure out the correct expression to use. Could you help me deduce how I can batch rename using regex please?
Also, using regex is there a way that I can grab information from music file tags and add that information into the file name like year, artist, genre etc and the same for album folder name?

Any and all help is appreciated, thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greatnamee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Greatnamee Ad-Free
13th August 2019, 06:43 PM |#904  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,076

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatnamee

@ IronTechmonkey

I'm tryin to batch rename some mp3 files from:

1 - Example
2 - Sample
to:
01. Example
02. Sample

I've played around with the regex function and done some research into it but I still can't figure out the correct expression to use. Could you help me deduce how I can batch rename using regex please?
Also, using regex is there a way that I can grab information from music file tags and add that information into the file name like year, artist, genre etc and the same for album folder name?

Any and all help is appreciated, thanks.

For the rename - this will work assuming all your files start with a single digit. If your files go

9 - Example
10 - Sample

then this will not work. You'll need a separate regex for 10 or greater.

Regex:
(\d) - (.+)

New name:
0$1.$2

Personal fetish - I hate spaces in file names. If you really want a space just make it 0$1. $2

As far as grabbing info from music tags, nope that's way beyond the scope of a regex. There's tagging programs that will do that
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
13th August 2019, 07:41 PM |#905  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

For the rename - this will work assuming all your files start with a single digit. If your files go

9 - Example
10 - Sample

then this will not work. You'll need a separate regex for 10 or greater.

Regex:
(\d) - (.+)

New name:
0$1.$2

Personal fetish - I hate spaces in file names. If you really want a space just make it 0$1. $2

As far as grabbing info from music tags, nope that's way beyond the scope of a regex. There's tagging programs that will do that

This works perfect, thank you jcmm11. Yeah figured the tags question was a long shot but thought I'd check just to make sure. This regex will work for renaming mp3's on the fly
The Following User Says Thank You to Greatnamee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Greatnamee Ad-Free
15th August 2019, 11:22 PM |#906  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Google Drive int├ęgration issues in MiX
@IronTechmonkey

I backup my laptop to Google Drive via Backup and Sync. The files are placed in a separate director y called 'My Laptop', which is visible when searched in MiX. However, it is empty. This doesn't make sense because there are a ton of files visible via the Drive app. How can I view these directories in MiX?

Thanks a bunch
18th August 2019, 03:58 PM |#907  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi All.
I have been using renaming Wizard for quite some time now and since the S10+ with PIE rooted the app does not work.
So I decided to have a go at MiX and seems to be able to do the job all along however the onlything that I can not seem to get past is the brackets?

I would like to be able to rename in a number sequence "1,2,3,4,5..." but I get the following "(1),(2),(3),(4),(5)..."

Please can anyone share some insight on how to remove those brackets???
I have tried to remove the brackets in the parameter's option like so %1n but no luck.
18th August 2019, 07:32 PM |#908  
Thanks Meter: 226

More
Hi, @faaramin. Just use simply "%d" and let the Starting Number feature rename sequentially.
One small niggle that I've found with all renaming options is that the first file in any sequence will be renamed without an appended number, as in; file_, file_1, file_2, ...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to D4ND310 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift D4ND310 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faq, instructions, manual, mixplorer, q&a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)