FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

MiXplorer: Q&A and FAQ (User Manual)

6,475 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,068

By IronTechmonkey, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Contributor on 5th February 2016, 05:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th September 2019, 02:04 PM |#911  
Cluj
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

Good report/log, not that I can reproduce or speak to the issue. IMO it is worth reporting in the main thread. I couldn't find any obvious errors in the log but much more knowledgeable users and the developer will see it sooner in the main thread. https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1523691

Thanks for the suggestion. I've posted my question also on main thread.
Cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to zo10000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zo10000 Ad-Free

8th September 2019, 10:07 AM |#912  
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Trash bin auto clean
Tried to search but not found:

Does Trash bin support some auto clean? E.g. automatically remove items after some time or limit the space used etc.

Or I have to clear manually all the time to prevent out-of-space issues?
9th September 2019, 10:11 PM |#913  
Thanks Meter: 2,013

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa.ko

Does Trash bin support some auto clean? E.g. automatically remove items after some time or limit the space used etc.

As far as I know there's no auto remove function for the recycle bin (until now). You have do to it the common way, long press first file, long press last file and delete everything.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wolfcity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wolfcity Ad-Free
9th September 2019, 10:28 PM |#914  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcity

As far as I know there's no auto remove function for the recycle bin (until now). You have do to it the common way, long press first file, long press last file and delete everything.

To empty the MIXplorer Trash/Recycle Bin or some items therein:

Menu > Undo > Remove all (or select individual items to remove).

To @Wolfcity's point there is no built in scheduled trash deleter. That being said, there may be a way to do this using autotask, but I would advise caution when playing around with this. There is a reason that emptying the trash takes an extra step.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
11th September 2019, 05:40 AM |#915  
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

To empty the MIXplorer Trash/Recycle Bin or some items therein:

Menu > Undo > Remove all (or select individual items to remove).

To @Wolfcity's point there is no built in scheduled trash deleter. That being said, there may be a way to do this using autotask, but I would advise caution when playing around with this. There is a reason that emptying the trash takes an extra step.

I would suggest to provide auto cleanup option (best option IMHO - on every delete to bin check if max allocated space is over freehold and delete oldest files until space reclaimed). Then provide settings to enable it if user wants (plus to set space limit). So who wants 'additionsl step' may do it manually and for rest of us secure not to fill-up storage if we forget to clean the bin.
11th September 2019, 07:43 PM |#916  
OP Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

I would suggest to provide auto cleanup option (best option IMHO - on every delete to bin check if max allocated space is over freehold and delete oldest files until space reclaimed). Then provide settings to enable it if user wants (plus to set space limit). So who wants 'additionsl step' may do it manually and for rest of us secure not to fill-up storage if we forget to clean the bin.

2 Things:

1) I'm not the developer, so if you would like to make this a feature request it would be best to do so in the main thread. Even though I (as a user) am opposed to auto-deletion of recycle bin contents there are merits to your idea so it is worth mentioning there (and perhaps even searching that thread to see if others have discussed it in the past - they probably have)

2) Personally I see no need to expand the recycle function to include the additional scans and the resultant processing and read/write access resource overhead required to track drive space. In fact I’m opposed to deferring the responsibility for maintaining free space onto the recycle bin instead of on the user where I feel it belongs. Additional conveniences can be nice but IMO in this case people would allow it all to happen automatically, then find that items they need have been permanently deleted, then blame MiXplorer. To me the purpose of the recycle bin is as the last stop from which data that a user plans to delete can be easily recovered by the user, and in that context emptying it should be done manfully.

This is not to say that I disagree with the core of your idea - some sort of auto cleaning - but I would hope for a few things in this regard:

A) Completely separate from the recycle bin.

B) Include before each automatically scheduled clean-up a pop up warning with list of items scheduled for deletion, requiring user interaction to proceed.

C) Add a recycle bin size limit which warns when the bin is "full".

In any event, please don’t take my disagreement with parts of your idea as discouragement. There would certainly be others who like it as you do, as well as those who like it like I do, and it is worth opening up to more discussion and exposure to the developer in the main thread.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
Yesterday, 05:30 PM |#917  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi!
Is there any option to sort the images by creation date and not by modification date?
Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faq, instructions, manual, mixplorer, q&a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)