By IronTechmonkey, Recognized Contributor on 5th February 2016, 05:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd September 2019, 11:07 AM |#931  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,137

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiscar

I had take HP's reply on the SMB1 parameter to be anything but it appears that only :
"smb1=1 | true | yes | yeah | ok | sure | absolutely | why not*" are valid. So it's one the list as well as remote=[required path]

As implied when I described these as industry standards: The fact that 0 indicates false and 1 indicates true for such toggles are long running tech standards, as is the fact that any value other than 1 will be interpreted as false... unless the parameter in question requires a numeric value. Your expectation that the developer should teach all of this to us is unreasonable. Also as previously mentioned: that's why those are in advanced settings. If you're going to play with those things it is expected that you know at least some of those standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louiscar

Particularly with remote=, which is essential IMO as most other SMB / FTP services usually offer to allow a specific path. As I say someone obviously found this ( rather than accidentally, perhaps he/she asked a direct question in the past,requiring to know ?), so it seemed reasonable to have these out in the open. They are not really advanced settings per se, but in this case a common requirement to set up a direct connection to a specific path. It should be listed in the settings IMO.

Again: Amongst the universe of available commands the developer of MiXplorer chose to add specific ones to the advanced settings and it is those which will be documented by the FAQ - eventually. The commands which are absent which you refer to as "out in the open" are just general networking commands. As previously described, feel free to research those external commands and if you want one added to MiX you can request it. Also as mentioned before, creating documentation for the parameters which exist in MiX is already on my to-do list for the FAQ and I'll do what I can to build it (when I have time) and I'm sure other users will help fill it in.

Now, since little that I said in this post has not already been explained: Please be advised that ignoring or refusing to accept answers while continuing to push for something which is arguably not the developer's responsibility may not be the best way for you to go.

Simply put:

- Documentation for existing advanced parameters within MiX will grow as time and user input allow. Thank you for mentioning it.

- If you discover parameters which are not present but which would be useful then you should feel free to suggest that they be added.

- It is each our own responsibility to learn the syntax that is used in advance parameters. If you ask questions about the syntax people here would probably answer, but it is not their responsibility or obligation to do so.
22nd September 2019, 12:58 PM |#932  

More
Basic list of existing advanced parameters. If anyone notices any that are in MiX but missing or incorrect here, or any which are here but have been removed from MiX please say so. Thank you. Over time the purpose of each parameter and it's potential values can be added.

active=
anonymous=
connect_timeout=
dfs=
encoding=
external_login=
fix_illegal_chars=
force_show_hidden=
free=
hostname=
keep_alive=
limit_conns=
list_name=
mac=
passive=
port=
smb1=
system_files=
thumbnail=
timeout=
total=
trust=
user_agent=
wol=
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
23rd September 2019, 09:58 PM |#933  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hello
How do I delete spaces without changing file names with Regex?
If it is possible. Thanks.

Example: a b c 1 2 3.mp4
What I want: abc123.mp4
The Following User Says Thank You to Uli martin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Uli martin Ad-Free
23rd September 2019, 11:01 PM |#934  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli martin

Hello

Somewhat by definition, removing the spaces and leaving the characters will change the name, hence an app which previously expected the spaces to be there would have to be reassociated with the renamed files

I'm assuming (I hope correctly) that you want to remove the spaces while preserving existing characters to form new name and I'm fairly sure you can remove the spaces with regex, not that I know how to do that. Perhaps some of the regex mavens here can answer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
23rd September 2019, 11:05 PM |#935  

More
Disregard this post. XDA Labs created post as app crashed. Scary thing: the post contained text entered into a different app. Gulp!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
23rd September 2019, 11:26 PM |#936  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,249

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli martin

Hello

Using a regex only way I know is with multiple passes. For a single pass solution I'd use a script and use sed to remove all the blanks in one shot.

For multiple passes it's just:
Input:
(.+) (.+)

Output:
$1$2

If I was going to do it with multiple passes I'd use an app like https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.renamer

It's not the friendliest user interface but, to quote my review of it, "If you understand regexes you'll love it. If you don't you'll hate it"

It would keep me from having to re-enter the regex.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
10th October 2019, 04:14 PM |#938  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello
Can I create share link Dropbox files?
10th October 2019, 06:12 PM |#939  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3394388

Moved to https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...ostcount=31133

Thanks for moving to main thread. Apologies for not popping in sooner to suggest doing so.
19th October 2019, 10:24 PM |#940  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
login
it doesn't automatically login after drawing the correct pattern, you then have to tap next every time.
Yesterday, 12:02 PM |#941  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi
I'm trying to create a skin myself. (.mit) I wonder if we should put all the icons in the skin? Or is it enough to change what I want? Thanks. ☺
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faq, instructions, manual, mixplorer, q&a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)