6,543 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,237

By IronTechmonkey, Recognized Contributor on 5th February 2016, 06:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th October 2019, 01:02 PM |#941  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hi
I'm trying to create a skin myself. (.mit) I wonder if we should put all the icons in the skin? Or is it enough to change what I want? Thanks. ☺
20th October 2019, 01:21 PM |#942  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 905

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli martin

Hi
I'm trying to create a skin myself. (.mit) I wonder if we should put all the icons in the skin? Or is it enough to change what I want? Thanks. ☺

You mean theme. Check the OP in development thread, there's a theme template you can analyze and edit accordingly to your wishes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marciozomb13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marciozomb13 Ad-Free
21st October 2019, 09:46 PM |#943  
Flag Santa Cruz
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Does MiX have any way to handle djvu files, or should this be a feature request? Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to rjm831 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rjm831 Ad-Free
23rd October 2019, 02:36 PM |#944  
Thanks Meter: 85

Donate to Me
More
Hello,
1) How to use RegEx in AutoTasks ?
2) Would the tasks start if MiXplorer is not running (after a reboot) ?

Thank you VM !
23rd October 2019, 11:34 PM |#945  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
How to create sym link? If I enter the name and path I bekoome that it is not saved. what am I doing wrong? You can only do the two things.
24th October 2019, 03:35 AM |#946  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,323

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by R!ffRaff

How to create sym link? If I enter the name and path I bekoome that it is not saved. what am I doing wrong? You can only do the two things.

First of all where are you attempting to create a symlink. From where, to where? There are some system level restrictions that may be coming into play.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
24th October 2019, 11:20 PM |#947  

More
internal memory, no matter where. in download, music or any other folder
I can not get it off
24th October 2019, 11:25 PM |#948  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,237

More
Quote:

internal memory, no matter where. in download, music or any other folder
I can not get it off

It sounds like you're saying that you cannot get media off of your internal SD card, but I'm not certain that's what you mean.

It would help to know more specific details such as, what type of file is being copied or moved? from which location? to which other location? Additionally, details about the device and the SD cards would help. but let's start by clarifying the task you are trying to perform. If this is just a matter of usage and settings we should be able to figure it out. If it is a bug then a bug report can be submitted.

[EDIT ]D'oh! I did not realize that question was part of the symlink discussion. @R!ffRaff, if you quote the posts you are replying to then such confusion can be avoided. It can also be avoided if I pay closer attention.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
25th October 2019, 01:01 AM |#949  

More
I would like to create a symlink from the download folder to the update folder (lineage)
But I can not create a symlink in any folder and more than the name and path can be specified in the mixplorer.
25th October 2019, 01:46 AM |#950  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,956

More
Quote:

I would like to create a symlink from the download folder to the update folder (lineage)
But I can not create a symlink in any folder and more than the name and path can be specified in the mixplorer.

By download folder, I would suspect you are speaking of /sdcard/Download. That path is a mapped path as a non Linux file system and therefore does not support features such as Symlinks. You need to create the symlink in the source file location, which I would guess (going off the top of my head) to be something like /data/media/0/Download.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
25th October 2019, 02:17 AM |#951  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,323

More
Quote:

You're not going to be able to do that. That's a system level restriction that you can't get around.

There are ways to create working hard links, but that would only work file to file, not directory to directory.

You can create symlinks pretty much anywhere else in /data but /sdcard (in all of its forms) won't work. You could create the symlinks in /data/media/0 but, although an entry for them would appear under sdcard, it would be inaccessible. The only way to successfully access those symlinks would be via /data/media/0

The reasons for this (in extremely simplified terms) is that /sdcard is emulating a fat32 file system, even though the underlying system is ext4 or f2fs (depending on device/ROM). fat32 doesn't support symlinks.

If you want some more background see https://www.xda-developers.com/divin...e-io-overhead/
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faq, instructions, manual, mixplorer, q&a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)