FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

MiXplorer: Q&A and FAQ (User Manual)

6,557 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,267
 
By IronTechmonkey, Recognized Contributor on 5th February 2016, 06:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th October 2019, 02:17 AM |#951  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,388
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by R!ffRaff

I would like to create a symlink from the download folder to the update folder (lineage)
But I can not create a symlink in any folder and more than the name and path can be specified in the mixplorer.

You're not going to be able to do that. That's a system level restriction that you can't get around.

There are ways to create working hard links, but that would only work file to file, not directory to directory.

You can create symlinks pretty much anywhere else in /data but /sdcard (in all of its forms) won't work. You could create the symlinks in /data/media/0 but, although an entry for them would appear under sdcard, it would be inaccessible. The only way to successfully access those symlinks would be via /data/media/0

The reasons for this (in extremely simplified terms) is that /sdcard is emulating a fat32 file system, even though the underlying system is ext4 or f2fs (depending on device/ROM). fat32 doesn't support symlinks.

If you want some more background see https://www.xda-developers.com/divin...e-io-overhead/
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
25th October 2019, 11:57 AM |#952  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
@DiamondJohn, @jcmm11
many thx for your help
The Following User Says Thank You to R!ffRaff For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift R!ffRaff Ad-Free
26th October 2019, 04:13 AM |#953  
nestul's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Is it possible to connect to a FTP server using TLS/SSL encription using MiXplorer? It's not the same as SFTP, is ftps://server........

I have to connect using ftps to a server everyday, and would love using MiXplorer for this too.
30th October 2019, 11:19 PM |#954  
KevMetal's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 469
 
More
[QUOTE=rjm831;80618731]Does MiX have any way to handle djvu files, or should this be a feature


try to open one ...the pdf add on might open it ...otherwise request it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KevMetal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KevMetal Ad-Free
31st October 2019, 07:41 AM |#955  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
I have a 26gb .7z file.
I am trying to copy/move it from internal storage to memory card with mixplorer.
It always gets failed after coping 4gb. Also extraction is also not successful.
When i saw the properties of the file in pc, its attributes are faded out. Means i cant change its attributes. Also, windows explorer gets failed in coping the file from mobile connected through usb cable.
I know its not completely related to this forum,
But please help me. It is a very important file.
It is my collection.
Thank you.
31st October 2019, 08:09 AM |#956  
KevMetal's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 469
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goviin

I have a 26gb .7z file.
I am trying to copy/move it from internal storage to memory card with mixplorer.
It always gets failed after coping 4gb. Also extraction is also not successful.
When i saw the properties of the file in pc, its attributes are faded out. Means i cant change its attributes. Also, windows explorer gets failed in coping the file from mobile connected through usb cable.
I know its not completely related to this forum,
But please help me. It is a very important file.
It is my collection.
Thank you.

you cant copy bigger than 4gb to fat32 , so the problem is unrelated to mix or windows

the file is simply too big for the type of file system on your sd card .. you can format it to another type of filesystem like ext4 ..

so format the sd to "internal" storage then you can copy it by cable

OR try to copy it to your INTERNAL sd ( phone memory )on the phone ......

well that or use an old school program to split the file into pieces
The Following User Says Thank You to KevMetal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KevMetal Ad-Free
31st October 2019, 09:18 AM |#957  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevMetal

you cant copy bigger than 4gb to fat32 , so the problem is unrelated to mix or windows

the file is simply too big for the type of file system on your sd card .. you can format it to another type of filesystem like ext4 ..

so format the sd to "internal" storage then you can copy it by cable

OR try to copy it to your INTERNAL sd ( phone memory )on the phone ......

well that or use an old school program to split the file into pieces

Would you please explain how to format it to ext4 without losing the file?
The file is presently on internal sd.
31st October 2019, 11:13 AM |#958  
Kippy51's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Haren (Ems)
Thanks Meter: 686
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goviin

I have a 26gb .7z file.
I am trying to copy/move it from internal storage to memory card with mixplorer.
It always gets failed after coping 4gb. Also extraction is also not successful.
When i saw the properties of the file in pc, its attributes are faded out. Means i cant change its attributes. Also, windows explorer gets failed in coping the file from mobile connected through usb cable.
I know its not completely related to this forum,
But please help me. It is a very important file.
It is my collection.
Thank you.

I can't make out if you have a phone with an external micro SD card. If so, stick that in an adapter and in your windows machine and copy everything you want to keep to your harddrive. Then format the micro SD card to NTFS. Put it back in your phone and copy that big file to it. Then you can transfer it to your pc (providing your HDD is NTFS ..). For the future: never make files that big ...[COLOR="Silver"]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kippy51 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kippy51 Ad-Free
1st November 2019, 06:55 AM |#959  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 314
 
More
Mix can find a long list of 'app remnants'.

What exactly are these? Can they be deleted?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191101-005420.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	4862605  
1st November 2019, 09:48 PM |#960  
IronTechmonkey's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,267
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeme2

Mix can find a long list of 'app remnants'.

What exactly are these? Can they be deleted?

App remnants are literally remnants or leftovers (directories or files) from apps that are no longer on the device. In almost all cases they can be safely deleted.

Note: Any utility that finds app remnants may flag some items as remnants even though the app is currently installed. That occurs even in the vaunted SD Maid app (which allows the exclusion of such false positives from the scan).

Case in point: When I use MiX's App Remnants feature or SD Maid, some files for a particular app appear in the scans but I opt not to delete them. If those items were deleted my device would probably still be okay but because those items are associated with a presently installed app I don't delete them. The point being, make sure to review the results of such scans carefully to make sure you delete only items for non-present apps.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
2nd November 2019, 01:33 AM |#961  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,388
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

App remnants are literally remnants or leftovers (directories or files) from apps that are no longer on the device. In almost all cases they can be safely deleted.

Note: Any utility that finds app remnants may flag some items as remnants even though the app is currently installed. That occurs even in the vaunted SD Maid app (which allows the exclusion of such false positives from the scan).

Case in point: When I use MiX's App Remnants feature or SD Maid, some files for a particular app appear in the scans but I opt not to delete them. If those items were deleted my device would probably still be okay but because those items are associated with a presently installed app I don't delete them. The point being, make sure to review the results of such scans carefully to make sure you delete only items for non-present apps.

Case in point. Do NOT delete anything referencing com.google.android.trichromelibrary (see SD Maid bug lists)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faq, instructions, manual, mixplorer, q&a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes