By IronTechmonkey, Recognized Contributor on 5th February 2016, 06:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd November 2019, 01:33 AM |#961  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,298

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

App remnants are literally remnants or leftovers (directories or files) from apps that are no longer on the device. In almost all cases they can be safely deleted.

Note: Any utility that finds app remnants may flag some items as remnants even though the app is currently installed. That occurs even in the vaunted SD Maid app (which allows the exclusion of such false positives from the scan).

Case in point: When I use MiX's App Remnants feature or SD Maid, some files for a particular app appear in the scans but I opt not to delete them. If those items were deleted my device would probably still be okay but because those items are associated with a presently installed app I don't delete them. The point being, make sure to review the results of such scans carefully to make sure you delete only items for non-present apps.

Case in point. Do NOT delete anything referencing com.google.android.trichromelibrary (see SD Maid bug lists)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
3rd November 2019, 05:46 PM |#962  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hello, how is this done correctly, because although I change the name of the file, when I add a new image in the folder it always gets like thumbnail. Thank you

"" Create a custom thumbnail: To create a custom thumbnail for a folder (which would be used when "Auto folder preview" is enabled in main settings) put the image you want to use for the thumbnail in the folder and rename it to .preview.""
3rd November 2019, 05:53 PM |#963  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,165

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

Case in point. Do NOT delete anything referencing com.google.android.trichromelibrary (see SD Maid bug lists)

If I found the correct item that seems to be false positive for corpse finder in Android 10 which explains why I was clear of it but this begs the general questions; Does/did MiX remnants scan have any false positives? Does MiX scan for remnants of user installed apps only or also for system components?
3rd November 2019, 06:03 PM |#964  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

If I found the correct item that seems to be false positive for corpse finder in Android 10 which explains why I was clear of it but this begs the general questions; Does/did MiX remnants scan have any false positives? Does MiX scan for remnants of user installed apps only or also for system components?

Here's what I see, which should answer your question
Edit: although chrome Canary is a user installed app. Let me unfreeze chrome and see what happens. I'll update shortly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191103-120002_resize_91.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	4865267  
The Following User Says Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
3rd November 2019, 06:12 PM |#965  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_danko

Hello, how is this done correctly, because although I change the name of the file, when I add a new image in the folder it always gets like thumbnail. Thank you

"" Create a custom thumbnail: To create a custom thumbnail for a folder (which would be used when "Auto folder preview" is enabled in main settings) put the image you want to use for the thumbnail in the folder and rename it to .preview.""

If I'm understanding the problem correctly:

With the "create custom thumbnail feature" the ".preview" file determines only the icon for the parent folder (the folder that the ".preview" file is inside of). Eg,in attached image a picture of the Pink Panther was placed into the folder and then renamed to ".preview".

Name:	FolderPreview.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	4865271

The ".preview" file does not affect the view of the images that you place into the folder with the preview file. That is determined by the "View" settings. The button for that is in the bottom bar (when using default settings - long press button to see what it is).

If the problem is that the renamed ".preview" file is not changing the parent folder icon as it should then make sure that when you rename it you use the full name option enabled.
3rd November 2019, 06:20 PM |#966  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

Ok, here we go. 2 images, one from SD Maid showing what's installed. The other shows the bottom of Mix's remnants screen. You can see the 3 non-canary libs listed at the bottom.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20191103-121003_resize_82.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	4865281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191103-121150_resize_94.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	4865283  
The Following User Says Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
3rd November 2019, 06:48 PM |#967  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

If I'm understanding the problem correctly:

With the "create custom thumbnail feature" the ".preview" file determines only the icon for the parent folder (the folder that the ".preview" file is inside of). Eg,in attached image a picture of the Pink Panther was placed into the folder and then renamed to ".preview".

Attachment 4865271

The ".preview" file does not affect the view of the images that you place into the folder with the preview file. That is determined by the "View" settings. The button for that is in the bottom bar (when using default settings - long press button to see what it is).

If the problem is that the renamed ".preview" file is not changing the parent folder icon as it should then make sure that when you rename it you use the full name option enabled.

Hello, exactly the problem is that I rename the image to ".preview" (full name and activated the auto preview box in settings) and the folder thumbnail does not appear
Example "car.png" renamed to ".preview"
3rd November 2019, 07:01 PM |#968  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_danko

Hello, exactly the problem is that I rename the image to ".preview" (full name and activated the auto preview box in settings) and the folder thumbnail does not appear
Example "car.png" renamed to ".preview"

Some other things that may (or may not) be factors

- Autopreview sub-image may not appear in some view settings such as minimal, compact, or grid.
- Location of folder.
- Properties of preview file image.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faq, instructions, manual, mixplorer, q&a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)