By IronTechmonkey, Recognized Contributor on 5th February 2016, 06:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th November 2019, 01:38 AM |#971  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,976

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncinogb

I have tried to create a symlink in a direcotry pointing to another directory on my ext sd card but it failed. What is the correct way to create a symlink in this app?
Many thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

Sdcard (both internal and external) are (or are simulating) fat32. Fat32 does not support symlinks so you're not going to be able to do it.

In the past on previous devices, I used boot scripts creating mount points, which from memory, do provide the path mapping of folders (even onto the sdcard). It was a few years ago now, so maybe I am remembering incorrectly.

Does MiX have the mounting options/feature?
16th November 2019, 04:51 AM |#972  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,350

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

In the past on previous devices, I used boot scripts creating mount points, which from memory, do provide the path mapping of folders (even onto the sdcard). It was a few years ago now, so maybe I am remembering incorrectly.

Does MiX have the mounting options/feature?

I can (for internal sdcard) go into /data/media/0/ and create symlinks which will work, as long as I access them via /data/media/0/. You'll see an entry for them in /sdcard/ but it won't work.

I haven't tested but I think if you created an empty directory and then issued a bind mount against it it will work. That would require command line work plus a script that runs at boot. Maybe I'll test later, if I get a chance.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
17th November 2019, 04:26 AM |#973  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Encrypted files located in cloud storage
Hi all!

Thanks for this fantastic app.

I have lot of encrypted files located in Onedrive using AES256 encryptation. I uploaded all these files using goodsync.

So, when I go to Onedrive using Mixplorer, it's not possible to know which files are what i'm looking for in certain moment because text characters have changed from the unencrypted files.

Is there a way to access Onedrive using Mixplorer with a decrypted key in advanced settings or something like that to see the files unencrypted? If not, I think it could be a good feature for this app!

Thanks in advance
The Following User Says Thank You to Tralyaternus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tralyaternus Ad-Free
18th November 2019, 11:00 AM |#974  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Very good app. But i am finding all servers with rstp server . Can i hope for this in mixplorer.
20th November 2019, 03:51 PM |#975  
Flag Near Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Thanks Meter: 167

More
Can not get it to recognize external sd card
Samsung Galaxy tab s3 version 9.0
27th November 2019, 11:22 PM |#976  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 216

More
In the previous build of MiXplorer (MiXplorer_v6.40.3_B19101820), under the storages (disk, internal, root), there was a dropdown menu named Custom. Tapping on that showed an extensive list of categories. I thought that was a good way to keep down the visual clutter. I have updated the app on my Galaxy S4 to the latest version through the app settings and now the Custom dropdown menu is gone. In it's place is the list of all the standard categories. How do I bring back the Custom dropdown menu and have it show all the categories only on demand?

An odd thing, though. On my Samsung Tab S2, running the same version as the phone, the Custom dropdown menu is there. I also updated it directly through the app settings.
28th November 2019, 12:31 AM |#977  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 936

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus.corax

In the previous build of MiXplorer (MiXplorer_v6.40.3_B19101820), under the storages (disk, internal, root), there was a dropdown menu named Custom. Tapping on that showed an extensive list of categories. I thought that was a good way to keep down the visual clutter. I have updated the app on my Galaxy S4 to the latest version through the app settings and now the Custom dropdown menu is gone. In it's place is the list of all the standard categories. How do I bring back the Custom dropdown menu and have it show all the categories only on demand?

An odd thing, though. On my Samsung Tab S2, running the same version as the phone, the Custom dropdown menu is there. I also updated it directly through the app settings.

If you mean sections, you can add how many you wish via top right button.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marciozomb13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marciozomb13 Ad-Free
28th November 2019, 06:23 AM |#978  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 216

More
Thanks for the tip. Sections was exactly what I needed.
The Following User Says Thank You to corvus.corax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift corvus.corax Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
faq, instructions, manual, mixplorer, q&a

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)