MiXplorer: Q&A and FAQ (User Manual)

Search This thread

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
To your points, in-app use of long-press or double-tap any navbar button can conflict with native or tweaked ROM settings for navbar but in your case it sounds like the in-app exit by long-press back and your custom setting may be doing the exact same thing.
I am using an RR ROM (they have the "SmartBar" settings as a feature) and I have explicitly set the long press action of the back button to a kill current app function. And that's exactly what it does, it does not "exit" the app, it kills the app. The double press (again using the "SmartBar") has been set to the single handed mode. These settings appear to override any in-app setting(s); which makes them work consistently across all apps. There is no conflict, the ROM settings override any in-app functionality.

Last edited:
Reactions: IronTechmonkey

Chirituri

Apr 13, 2018
The other thing to check is the kernel you're running. It needs to have smb2 support turned on via a compile config option.

Is there any way to check this on a rooted-but-stock-rom Pixel? And if it isn't enabled... what would be the next step, as compiling my own kernel isn't the worst thing in the world but I doubt i'd find many guides to help there.

jcmm11

Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Is there any way to check this on a rooted-but-stock-rom Pixel? And if it isn't enabled... what would be the next step, as compiling my own kernel isn't the worst thing in the world but I doubt i'd find many guides to help there.
I'm not sure. See if /proc/config.gz exists. If it does it contains the gzipped kernel configuration file. You can open that up to see if CONFIG_CIFS_SMB2 is set.
If that file doesn't exist (a config option needs to be set to generate it) then I don't know how to obtain the needed info. I suspect most custom kernels will have the option set, but I don't know about stock.
You could probably check the kernel source.

As far as compiling your own, I haven't compiled Android kernels but there are some guides available on XDA. For example
https://xdaforums.com/android/software-hacking/reference-how-to-compile-android-kernel-t3627297

https://xdaforums.com/android/software/ultimate-guide-compile-android-kernel-t2871276

Just search on 'compile kernel'

You could also just run an appropriate custom kernel.

[] AL []

Recognized Contributor
Feb 22, 2011
I've tried to search and found nothing. Is there a way to make a default download folder so that when I try to download something it will just go top that folder instead of all the extra steps of the "Copy To" function?

Every app has its specific download folder unless its settings let you choose your own; i.e. it's not dictated by MiX. So maybe I don't understand your question properly and/or a more precise description/example of which app cause you problems (extra steps) would help.

In any case, many apps save stuff in the main Internal storage/Download folder and you can set a bookmark (or is their a default one anyway?) or even assign a default tab for it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1526218726453.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1526218726453.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 158

shaqman89

Feb 1, 2014
Jakarta
Xiaomi Poco F1
In any case, many apps save stuff in the main Internal storage/Download folder and you can set a bookmark (or is their a default one anyway?) or even assign a default tab for it.

I believe he is talking about mix downloader, where every time you download a link, it is not automatically downloaded until you start the process by choosing the queue and pressing 'copy to' to start the download.

I've tried to search and found nothing. Is there a way to make a default download folder so that when I try to download something it will just go top that folder instead of all the extra steps of the "Copy To" function?

As far as I know, there isn't a way to set a default folder, but you could always choose not to use mixplorer as the downloader app when you need to use the defaults.
If you have set mix as default, you could reset the app association from something like settings-apps-[app name]-clear defaults.

Reactions: [] AL []

HopelesRomantc91

Dec 2, 2008
HTC One (m7)
Samsung Galaxy S4
I believe he is talking about mix downloader, where every time you download a link, it is not automatically downloaded until you start the process by choosing the queue and pressing 'copy to' to start the download.

Bingo.

[ said:
AL [];76506064]Every app has its specific download folder unless its settings let you choose your own; i.e. it's not dictated by MiX. So maybe I don't understand your question properly and/or a more precise description/example of which app cause you problems (extra steps) would help.

So when in in Chrome and I clock to download a file, the options I get are MiX's "Copy To..." (which opens up MiX, then I have to click on the little menu and click the copy action) and Chrome. If I click Chrome, it will just automatically download to my Downloads folder. I wasn't an option to just click MiX when I'm prompted to download something, but not have to do the extra steps of the "Copy To..." action.

Last edited:

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
...So when in in Chrome and I clock to download a file, the options I get are MiX's "Copy To..." (which opens up MiX, then I have to click on the little menu and click the copy action) and Chrome. If I click Chrome, it will just automatically download to my Downloads folder. I wasn't an option to just click MiX when I'm prompted to download something, but not have to do the extra steps of the "Copy To..." action.

AFAIK the association of 1) "download" with "app-or service that runs the download" comes before 2) "MiX, as designated download utility is asking where to save file", and it seems like your are at item #2, ie, your downloaded has been associated with MiX. These things can occur with any web browsers (and the way Chrome manages notifications can makes things worse). You can try to reset your browser download defaults, which might be tricky because this involves MiX and web browsers as well as possible ROM specific components (download manager). Try some combination of these actions (at your own risk - backups assumed):

- Clear defaults (and cache and data) for "Download manager" (possibly other ROM specific services)
- Freeze/defrost existing browsers.
- Uninstall/reinstall existing browsers.
- Install an additional browser (one that you don't intend to use) just to force the default download prompt, then uninstall it.

Reactions: [] AL []

DiamondJohn

Recognized Contributor
Aug 31, 2013
Sydney
Although a lot more tedious, but if you only have a few specific ones in mind, you could also set up specific symlinks on boot to all point to the same/one folder. Just an idea.

HopelesRomantc91

Dec 2, 2008
HTC One (m7)
Samsung Galaxy S4
Let me try starting over.

When I download a file from the internet using MiX, it prompts me to select a folder, then click the clipboard icon, then click the item to copy it to the selected folder. I want it to not so all that. I just want it to download without having to select a folder, click the clipboard, and click the item.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Let me try starting over.

When I download a file from the internet using MiX, it prompts me to select a folder, then click the clipboard icon, then click the item to copy it to the selected folder. I want it to not so all that. I just want it to download without having to select a folder, click the clipboard, and click the item.

No need to start over. The people replying to you seem to understand this but you may not be understanding the intended purpose of the tools at your disposal, so some clarification:

The fact that the MiX copy-to feature offers a manual way to select a destination and save a file is not a problem - that is specifically the reason that feature exists!

If you don't want to use that feature then don't set it as your default download option. Rather, use your device's native downloader or the downloader included with your browser to download directly to the /<internal SD>/download location as described here. https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76507485&postcount=529.

I suppose this could be turned into a feature request: eg Have MiX remember the last folder to which it downloaded an item then skip the prompt to select location and save file but there are downsides to doing that among which are:

1) Defeats intended purpose of MiX download/copy-to which is to manually select location,
2) The MiX download/copy-to feature can intercept download intents from many apps and could leave users with downloads going to non standard locations without their knowing about it.

If you want to ask HP to add this as a feature then do so in the main thread and be prepared for the ensuing conversation, otherwise switch to different downloader as previously described. FWIW, I like this as a feature request but not enough to think it worth the risk.

Last edited:

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Essen, Germany
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 6
@IronTechmonkey
I believe the user can evade "selecting folder" option and make MiX's "copy-to" feature go always to "downloads" folder ONLY IF the user makes "downloads" folder as the first of the "saved tabs". I know that when you choose "copy to" feature, it opens MiX app as a new window (even if it was opened before and not closed). So if the "downloads" folder is made as first (or only) saved tab (which also means MiX app will open downloads folder everytime you open it), then the user can get directly to downloads folder whenever he choses copy-to. As a workaround for having access to other folders too (i.e. external sdcard or internal storage), two more windows can be saved with downloads folder.
Just my 2 cents...

@HopelesRomantc91
There is NO way to make "copy-to" feature to "automatically download" without MiX window openning and user clicking on clipboard icon. It defeats the "copy-to" feature. You are requesting an extra different action.

As far as I know, there isn't a way to set a default folder...
You can choose a saved folder so that MiX will always open with that folder. If the user is ok with it he can make downloads as one of the (or the only) saved tab(s).

Last edited:

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
@IronTechmonkey
I believe the user can evade "selecting folder" option and make MiX's "copy-to" feature go always to "downloads" folder ONLY IF the user makes "downloads" folder as the first of the "saved tabs". I know that when you choose "copy to" feature, it opens MiX app as a new window (even if it was opened before and not closed). So if the "downloads" folder is made as first (or only) saved tab (which also means MiX app will open downloads folder everytime you open it), then the user can get directly to downloads folder whenever he choses copy-to. As a workaround for having access to other folders too (i.e. external sdcard or internal storage), two more windows can be saved with downloads folder.
Just my 2 cents...

Although that does save one or two taps it does not serve the requested purpose of not having to interact at all after selecting file to be downloaded.

There is NO way to make "copy-to" feature to "automatically download" without MiX window openning and user clicking on clipboard icon. It defeats the "copy-to" feature. You are requesting an extra different action.

Exactly as described above, where it also became a possible feature request.

[] AL []

Recognized Contributor
Feb 22, 2011
I had no way to trigger the 'Copy to' from my two browsers (and I didn't want to reset them), but I've tried the Copy to function from just files I had and the first time, it opened the target folder selection at the Internal storage. But when I selected and copied it (pasted really) to my "Download" folder, the next time I did it, it started from that last location. So it seems like it could work (remember the last location) from a browser also...

I tend to agree that having to press the clipboard icon and "Copy" seems not needed an unnecessary steps as just selecting the target and "OK" could trgger the action and avoid us to stretch the thumb all the way up.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
I had no way to trigger the 'Copy to' from my two browsers (and I didn't want to reset them), but I've tried the Copy to function from just files I had and the first time, it opened the target folder selection at the Internal storage. But when I selected and copied it (pasted really) to my "Download" folder, the next time I did it, it started from that last location. So it seems like it could work (remember the last location) from a browser also...

For web downloads MiX Copy-to/Save-as behaves differently than for in-app copy-to, specifically with Copy-to/Save-as using the system default download directory for web downloads (which might not have been flushed out by your test which was all in download).

When I invoke Copy-to/Save-as feature from a web browser (Naked Browser Pro) by selecting the download link for the latest version of MiX in post 2 of the main thread; MiX Copy-to/Save-as is directed to /storage/emulated/0/download/ even though that is not one of the default tabs and even though the previous download by same method was saved elsewhere.

- Tap link in web browser.
- Select MiX Copy-to/Save-as.
- /storage/emulated/0/download/ is offered as save location.
- Select different save location, then save file (multiple passes of this test saving file to different drives and directories).
Repeat
- Tap link in web browser.
- Select MiX Copy-to/Save-as
- /storage/emulated/0/download/ is offered as save location every time.

It seems that HP is ahead of us regarding the issue of unattended downloads to non-standard locations (a concern I mentioned a few posts ago) and has made sure that those things end up in the default download folder. I'm opposed to allowing users to change the location for unattended downloads. IMO the only way a user should end up with downloads in non standard location should require a manual choice at each download. This is what we have now but to your point, perhaps it could be made prompt-less (after selecting MiX Copy-to/Save) but in that case only to the default download location.

Last edited:

Senliast

Dec 31, 2014
Feature suggestion

Hey, it would be nice to be able to lock app/network locations not only with password, but with fingerprint too. Please add fingerprint support.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Hey, it would be nice to be able to lock app/network locations not only with password, but with fingerprint too. Please add fingerprint support.

You're not alone in wanting and suggesting this, as others have done so in the main thread. HootanParsa has thanked some of the requests in the past which is an indication that the request has been heard, but it could not hurt to know more users would like it. I would suggest posting this same request in the main MiX thread (https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1523691) after searching that thread for "fingerprint" to see what others have said.

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
Could you please add the NTFS support to read hard drives connected by OTG.

If the device can do this then MiXplorer should be able to do this. Please read recent pages in main thread and search that thread for NTFS. There have been recent conversations about this which you might find informative, and there may (or may not) be things you can do outside of MiX to get this done. Also, since this compatibility stems from the device itself, sharing those details in the main thread might be helpful.

NFCnaveen

Jun 19, 2017
Sunder Nagar
If the device can do this then MiXplorer should be able to do this. Please read recent pages in main thread and search that thread for NTFS. There have been recent conversations about this which you might find informative, and there may (or may not) be things you can do outside of MiX to get this done. Also, since this compatibility stems from the device itself, sharing those details in the main thread might be helpful.
My device is able to read/write hard drives upto 2TB with other file browser but I want Mixplorer should be able to do this also

Top Liked Posts

I don't use this feature.... can be renamed
    I use it from the time it was first brought in, and soon after, renamed the entries to get the order I wanted.
    Hi Community.

I have a question regarding the "sort" function of Mixplorer.

I want a parentfolder to sort the the sub-folders in it in random fashion but the sub-folders themselves should sort the .jpegs in them in alphabetical order.

parentfolders -> subfolders -> .jpegs

If I switch to "random" in the parentfolders the subfolders sort the .jpegs randomly aswell and I have to change that manually in every subfolder.

Is there any quick way to only sort the .jpegs in the subfolders in alphabetical fashion and the subfolders in random fashion?

Thank you so much

Mark

As I replied elsewhere, copying here in case someone can confirm if this works :

There is a preference in :

menu > view > Options > Change view mode globally

In theory if this is not checked, subfolders should be able to keep a sort view independent from the parents, and if it is on, they inherit it, causing your problem. I say in theory because I think people have had trouble with it before, and it may be buggy.

I have the same sort view for all folders and subfolders so I never had your problem, try and see if it works for you.
    As I replied elsewhere, copying here in case someone can confirm if this works :

There is a preference in :

menu > view > Options > Change view mode globally

In theory if this is not checked, subfolders should be able to keep a sort view independent from the parents, and if it is on, they inherit it, causing your problem. I say in theory because I think people have had trouble with it before, and it may be buggy.

I have the same sort view for all folders and subfolders so I never had your problem, try and see if it works for you.

Indeed, and even aside from potential bugs, it is difficult to build and maintain a consistent scheme unless using "Change view mode globally".

E.g.,

The available options are effectively:
    - Global
    and
    - This folder + recursive down.

When "Change view mode globally" is not selected, then changing the view of a given folder with apply to that folder and any subfolders.

In order to use different view settings in different folders along the same branch of the tree then the settings must be placed in turns from the top of the directory tree down. This order can be easily disrupted by changing the settings in the future somewhere in the tree or by using global setting.

I could think of some feature suggestions for additional view settings but prefer the global setting anyhow.
    I found out how to create book marks but I can't figure out how to delete them without clearing all of them!

This is explained in the post to which I referred and to which another user provided you a direct link. If that documentation is unclear then please share how so.

FYI, there is an expectation on all of us to read the opening posts of threads and to search for answers. If doing those things (actually doing them) does not yield an answer then by all means ask for help.

To put it philosophically, please don't expect others to carry your water when they've already provided it to you in an easily accessible bucket with a ladle. I've told you where the bucket is and someone else has placed it at your feet. Grab that ladle and take a sip.
    This app is so confusing. There is no option to add or delete book marks. Im just stuck with the default ones. WTF?

Pardon my candor but do you really think such a popular and highly reviewed app would have no way to add bookmarks and that it must be a problem with the app rather than a lack of experience with it? That is obviously a rhetorical question. Moving on.

As referenced in the opening posts of the main thread in which you originally posted, there is this FAQ where you can learn how to manage bookmarks in MiXplorer. The Bookmarks section is on the first page of the FAQ where it can be found by searching for the word bookmark on that web page or by using XDA's search feature. To help you along, you can create bookmarks like so:

Select folder in file list > menu > add to > bookmarks
    or
    Select location in top bar > Add to > bookmarks

Since your question implies that you are just starting to explore the app you would probably find it helpful to review at least the first page of the FAQ where many of MiXplorer's basic features are described.

Also, some of these things are admittedly not intuitive, which is somewhat a byproduct of how many features and multiple ways of doing things MiX offers on small touch screens. As you explore, long-press is a guide as it will typically invoke more options, menus, functions, or explanatory text.
    Hi. I have a simple Python http server on an Ubuntu Linux box(rapidseed installation on remote server if that matters). No UN/PW. I want to know if I can access it with Mixplorer the same as I would when I add storage of an ftp. My purpose is to have the resume capabilities of Mixplorer which I don't get by accessing the server from a browser. Is this possible?

IDK if FTP protocol would work but when MiXplorer HTTP bookmark (Add storage > webdav) is connected to MiXplorer HTTP/WebDav server we have similar range of MiXplorer functionality on the client as we would when connecting from MiXplorer FTP bookmark to MiXplorer FTP server, but I'm not sure about resume.

Try creating a WebDav bookmark. If the "search local" function does not find server you can enter the details manually. In a quick test from MiXplorer WebDav bookmark to a simple HTTP server in Windows, "search local" was unable to find the server but when the IP address was entered manually the dynamic logging at the server indicated that there was an attempt to connect which failed. I don't know if it failed because of missing or incorrect port or credentials that is the limit of my testing. Also note: even if the server is found by "search local" It might be necessary to append the port number to the IP address.

Try WebDav bookmark. if that doesn't work, try searching the main thread for "WebDav", "bookmark", "HTTP" and "resume" (together or individualy) . if you don't get answers here or by searching you could try asking in the main thread as well.
    Hi guys… not sure if this is right place, but if someone could help me please. Simple question I guess. I can't access android/data folders anymore. Now pops this message: “Can't use this folder. To protect your privacy, choose another folder.” What should I do? Already using the latest version of the app. My phone is Moto Edge 40, Android 13, not rooted. Thankss

See Document Provider Mashup linked near top of post one of this thread, and check the main thread, just about any page over the past several months, in particular the last week or two. Basically, Android is going through some growing pains regarding increasingly restrictions placed by google.

[EDIT] variation of this question answered in main thread might be applicable to you as well. https://xdaforums.com/t/app-2-2-mix...y-featured-file-manager.1523691/post-89450532
    Hi there 👋

View attachment 6085329

Despite going through *all* of the write-permission issue suggestions in the FAQ, I still haven't managed to get it working...

Wondering if there's further ideas on fixing the greyed-out "Use this folder" button which yields the "To protect your privacy, choose another folder" message seen above?

Thanks for taking the time to dig through the increasingly sprawling notes about this issue. Unfortunately, if the device is not rooted there may be no workaround. As mentioned in some of those notes, some developers have started using Shizuku to gain access by using ADB commands but that would have to be integrated by MiX's developer who is sometimes away from the threads and has not been very active here since these latest developments.

Also, some of this depends on the specifications and details of your device which are unknown at this point. So, another thing you could do is share information about your device in the main thread, acknowledging that you are aware of the potential limitation but wondering if there are any workarounds for your situation while we wait for further development.
    MiXplorer: Q&A and FAQ (User Manual)

Table Of Contents:

i. INTRODUCTION, GETTING MIXPLORER, & INSTALLATION (This post)
    ii. UI, NAVIGATION, VIEW CONFIGURATION, BOOKMARKS, TABS
    iii. WORKING WITH FILES & FOLDERS (Copy Move methods, Trash option)
    iv. FTP, HTTP, TCP SERVERS
    v. MiX NUGGETS (Freestanding Topical Posts)
    vi. THEMES and SKINS
    vii. BUG REPORTING, TROUBLESHOOTING, AND FAQ WIP
    MiX Nugget - Settings Overview: https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-82834917

Notes:

If you are just starting with MiXplorer then a general review of this FAQ might be helpful but if you seek information about a particular feature or workaround you can see if there is a "MiX Nugget" for it. MiX Nuggets are individual freestanding FAQ posts which describe a MiXplorer feature in enough detail for basic use without having to sift through whole FAQ. v. MiX NUGGETS (Freestanding Topical Posts).

Also:

The XDA search feature, which may at times be cumbersome and quirk-some, is effective when used properly.

and

Descriptions of many basic functions can be found by simple web [page search of first page of FAQ.

Many basic functions of MiX

Issues and workarounds of the moment:
    As the android OS and individual apps evolve there are often clusters of issues for which there are common sets of symptoms and common workarounds. This section is to share a link to whatever is the latest such batch of such issues/workarounds.

MiX Nugget - Document provider Mash-Up: (accessing USB OTG drives, SD card and or /android/data and other directories on newer Android versions. https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-88281485

--------------------------------------
    i) INTRODUCTION

As mentioned in an introduction from the main thread: "MiXplorer (Mix of Explorers) is a fast, smooth, beautiful, reliable and fully-featured file manager with a simple and intuitive user interface." created by XDA member and Recognized Developer @HootanParsa

I (IronTechmonkey) am a MiXplorer user and who volunteered (was volunteered) to create the FAQ but I am not the/a developer. This FAQ attempts to describe configuration options, file & folder operations, UI options, and MiX utilities, as well as to share workarounds for known issues or usage cases. Please feel free to provide, suggestions, corrections, or additions which could be linked to or added to the OPs. Thanks to all for your input already as much of this comes from your questions and answers in the main MiXplorer thread. Thanks to @HootanParsa for such a good file management utility.

Please continue to direct bug reporting and tech discussion to the primary MiXplorer thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1523691.

Note: the developer is sometimes away for periods of time, days or weeks or even months, but is good about following up upon return.

SOME MIXPLORER HISTORY (MiXtory?)

This post by HootanParsa describes a how MiXplorer got started and some key events during its relationship with Google Play Store. https://xdaforums.com/t/app-2-0-mix...y-featured-file-manager.1523691/post-77894840

Here is another note from HootanParsa regarding the history of MiXplorer on Playstore https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1523691&p=73870110.

MiXplorer is closed source, and because the developer rarely if ever engages in discussions about closed vs. open source this is not discussed at length in the main MiX thread. This is not by any rule but rather by respect for the developer's decision. That being said, past discussions about closed vs. open source have been well informed and informative. Such discussions really do relate to software development, if not to the bugs to be fixed at any given moment, so please feel free to have such discussions here if/when they become too much for the main thread.

GETTING MIXPLORER

There are several ways to get MiXplorer and keep it updated and there are some methods which should not be used. In particular do not install MiXplorer via Magisk module or other system modification. This is known to cause significant problems and is not supported. Here are the ways to get MiXplorer:

1) XDA Version in Main Thread: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1523691:
    This is the place for p the latest stable version, which is usually available in post 2. This is also where you can get the latest beta version. Note: it is always a good idea to check the main thread's OPs to see what version # is flagged as stable, as well as check the change-log. Add-ons can be obtained through the app which links to website.

2) Playstore (MiXplorer Silver). As announced by HootanParsa here https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78465999&postcount=27232; "MiX Silver a bundle of MiX with Archive and SMB2 addons and the latest language resources is uploaded in Play store as a paid app to support the development of MiXplorer. If you liked it and installed it and found a problem, please let me know. Thank you very much. "

Note: The Playstore-Silver and XDA-Stable versions of MiXplorer are essentially the same (sometimes with small variation) but the Playstore-Silver version includes some add-ons (describe below and at Playstore page) which would have to be installed separately and manually in the XDA version; otherwise the 2 version are functionally the same.

3) APK Mirror: This is an unsupported repository of more versions of MiX than most people would need, but some of these builds may be helpful in some situations and it provides access outside of Playstore.
    MiX at APK Mirror: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/hootan-parsa/mixplorer-hootanparsa/
    Old link (just in case) https://www.apkmirror.com/uploads/?q=pishrodevs.
    If this link does not work then search Google for [MiXplorer APK Mirror]
    As to upgrade paths: The Play Store gives a one-shot installation and upgrade path for the app and its included add-ons. The XDA stable version allows users to decide specifically which add-ons are installed but offers a similarly simple upgrade path from with the app.

4) [POSSIBLE INACTIVE] APKMirror RSS Feeds: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/pishrodevs/mixplorer-hootanparsa/feed/
    [inactive?]http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/hootanparsa/feed/ The ApkMirror RSS feeds are considered by many to be a similarly "stable" and up to date as the main MiXplorer thread and XDA Labs but it offers less information about the development progression of recent updates.

Add-ons: MiXplorer Add-ons can be installed from within the app like this:
    Settings > Addons > and click add button > follow links to browse and download appropriate add-ons.

INSTALLATION:

After installing MiXplorer there are some things that must be done in order to give MiXplorer proper access to storage locations and root or SU access. It is a good idea to get these things out of the way as part of the installation (or update) of MiXplorer rather than on-the-fly as you need to perform file management tasks. Here is a brief walk-through of how to give MiXplorer it's requisite permissions. This is written for Android Nougat which has more of these prerequisites than earlier Android versions so please note that things may differ across different ROMs and SU/root methods:

Do this stuff first, immediately after installing MiXplorer but before configuring it and importing skins and or settings

- At first run of MiXplorer at prompt "Allow MiXplorer to access photos, media, and files on your device?" Select to Allow.
    - Make sure root is enabled in MiX setting > Navigate to Root "/" to force first time SU permissions request > Select " allow" and "remember".
    - Navigate to external SD and create a new folder. There should a prompt "Attention Please select Ext SD... to gain permissions". Note: In some situations you may not have to create a folder to invoke this prompt.

BUG REPORTING

- Please report bugs in the primary MiXplorer thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1523691. Bug reports should include. details about your device (Android version, ROM version, Root status, SU method, MiXplorer version) as well as a step by step description of how to reproduce the issue and a log taken while the issue was reproduced. There are more suggestions for testing, logging and reporting bugs in this post: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=65157367&postcount=7
    1) Primary UI Components
    2) Navigation
    3) Drawer (Bookmarks/History)
    4) Tabs
    5) Views (file folder list)
    6) "Home" page - described in MiX Nugget
    - Home Page - https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82781209&postcount=1168

1) Primary UI Components

The names of various UI objects may be referenced throughout documentation (and are helpful to know when configuring theme). Here are the names of a few primary UI components along with the specific name for their background colors in the theme configuration. This is just as a reference point for the documentation. For more about skins and themes see that post.

Status Bar: TINT_STATUS_BAR
    Main Bar: BG_BAR_MAIN
    Tab Bar: BG_BAR_TAB
    Tab Indicator: TINT_TAB_INDICATOR
    Selected Tab: TINT_TAB_INDICATOR_SELECTED
    Page: BG_PAGE
    Tools bar: BG_BAR_TOOLS
    Navigation Bar: TINT_NAVIGATION_BAR

I) Action Bar: BG_BAR_ACTION The Action Bar appears in place of the Main Bar when one or more items is selected.

J) Drawer: The Drawer can be opened by tapping Hamburger in Main Bar or swiping the Page from left edge toward right and takes it’s background color from BG_BAR_MAIN.

2) Navigation

To navigate through folders
    ; Tap the name of he folder you want to enter, or select a bookmark or history item. Note: Tapping the icon to the left will select and highlight the folder.

To go to the previously accessed folder:; Press back button.

To go anywhere in the path you are browsing: Tap the Location button in Main bar then tapping the part of the folder tree you want to go to.

To go to a manually entered location: Long press the Address in the Main bar then tap “Enter the path”.
    Note the other things that can be done from this menu (The items in lists like this may change as MiXplorer evolves):
    - Copy path
    - Copy name
    - Enter the path
    - Create shortcut
    - Clear thumbnails cache
    - Properties

To search for items: Tap the search icon, then you can start typing what you want to find in current folder.
    To filter the search: tap the leaning-hamburger, then select an option.
    To search recursively (into sub-folders): Tap the right-angle arrow icon, then choose options and search criteria. See this FAQ Nugget for recursive and advanced search options: https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-82781351

Regex: Regex is a fairly powerful method of using expressions (wild-cards and variables) to do searches, and can also be used for renaming files.
    Harvesting information in this post https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71218953&postcount=118

To change the View level of details: Tap the View button, then select an option.
    To Add a file or folder: Tap the Add button
    To refresh the View: Tap the Refresh button (or tap the Tab title, or tap the Location button in Main bar then tap the location).
    To sort the view: Tap the Sort button (A-Z icon)

To show or hide an item flagged as hidden: With no items selected, tap overflow menu then tap "Show Hidden" or "Don't show hidden".
    To exit MiXplorer: Long-press Back button.

------------------------------------
    3) Bookmarks/History (Drawer)

To open the Drawer for Bookmarks and History
    : Tap hamburger in Main Bar, or swipe from the left edge toward right.

To create a Bookmark to a location on the device: Navigate to the location, then long press the Location in the Main (top) Bar, then tap "Add to...", then tap "Bookmarks"; or Navigate to one level above the folder, then long press the folder in the file/folder list, then tap overflow menu, then tap "Add to...", then tap "Bookmarks". :

To create a Bookmark to a network share, server or cloud: Open Drawer, then tap hamburger, then tap Add storage, then select and configure the type of storage. Note: The available cloud storage options may change over time. Here are examples of 2 common types of network bookmarks:

1) To access shared folder (SMB share) on PC or other computer on same local network.:
    - Have a shared folder on a computer with file sharing and network discovery enabled.
    - Open MiXplorer on device connected to same network.
    - Bookmarks Drawer
    - Hamburger button
    - Add Storage
    - Custom
    - Search local
    - Enter credentials
    - If the search finds no shares there may be an issue with the sharing on the host or network between devices but you could try manual configuration.

2) To access an FTP Server on another device:.
    - Have an FTP server to connect to.
    - Bookmarks Drawer
    - Hamburger button
    - Add Storage
    - Custom
    - Enter server details (ftp://<ipaddress>:<port>, user-name password)

Notes about network and cloud bookmarks:

- When you create a connection to local network share or cloud via <Bookmark Drawer - hamburger - Add storage>, a Bookmark will automatically be created.

- Depending on the type of network location, when you browse the network location you may or may not be able to create bookmarks to locations within that tree as described above. This should work for SMB shares on a computer or folders on another Android device accessed via MiXplorer FTP and might work for others.

- When you save an off-device bookmark, some context sensitive additional configuration variables may or may not be added to the "Advance settings" field, which in some cases can be edited manually later.

To Delete or modify a bookmark: Open the Drawer, then swipe the bookmark name to the right, then select appropriate action.

To rearrange bookmarks: Open the Drawer, then tap and drag a bookmark by it’s icon up or down.

Sections are labels which can be added to the bookmark list to organize bookmarks into groups. Tapping a bookmark section will expand or collapse the bookmarks between that section and the next section below it. Sections can be edited and moved in the same manner as bookmarks. Note: Moving a section will not bring the bookmarks under it to the new location - just the section itself. Arrangements of the groups must be done manually.

To create a custom category (similar to custom bookmark for a search) in the bookmark list: Open 'All files' - Tap on the search button - Recursively - Enter file-name extensions eg; *.zip|*.rar|*.txt - Press GO - Long press the address bar - Add to bookmarks.

To reset the search-all-by=type folders (archive, apk,image, video, etc) if they are gray and don't work: If you are updating from an older version of MiXplorer you may have to click on bookmark menu and choose "reset default" (which should preserve your own bookmarks) to recreate the new versions of the search bookmarks, then you can delete the gray ones.

Bookmark functions via the Bookmarks Menu: Add storage Reset defaults; Remove all, Export. Note: To import bookmarks, open the exported .micfg file with MiXplorer and select import.

To switch between Bookmarks and History : Open Drawer then tap the Bookmarks or History label in top Bar.

To clear history: Open Drawer to History, then tap mini-hamburger.

4) Tabs

1st Tab is left-most. Last Tab is right-most. New tabs will open to the right of the active tab.

General Tab functions can be accessed via the tab menu and are context sensitive, based on Tab bar visibility and tab arrangement.

Some functions can can be accessed by long pressing on a Tab when the Tab Bar is visible.

To refresh a Tab’s view: Swipe down, or tap on the name in the Tab Bar, or tap the location name in main bar then tap it again in the drop down.

To open a new tab:
    - Open Bookmarks/History
    - Long press on the item that you want to open in a new tab
    or
    - Select a folder in the main page
    - Tap the overflow menu in the action bar
    - Tap "Open in new tab",
    or;
    - Tap the Tab menu then tap "Add new tab"
    or;
    - When on last (right-most) tab, Swipe from right edge to left (depends on "Settings" - ""More Settings" - "Swiping in first and last...")

Save single tab as default tab or to save a group of tabs (Note: "Save" may occasionally be referred to as "Pin")

To save an individual Tab be opened to a specific location at each app start (default tab)
    - Have only one tab opened.
    - Navigate to desired location.
    - Long press on Tab Title then tap "Set as default".
    - Open the Tab drop-down menu, select, "Save tabs", Tap "Now" (leave "On Exit" un-selected).

To save a group of tabs (tab-set) to be opened at each app start:
    - Create the tabs, and open each to the location of your choice.
    - To set the default tab (to be active at app start) long press on Tab Title then tap "Set as default".
    - Open the Tab drop-down menu, select, "Save tabs", Tap "Now" (leave "On Exit" un-selected).
    Note: View detail level and sort order should be remembered per tab.

To have MiXplorer save the tab-set that is in place at each app close (to be opened at next app app start):
    - Open the Tab menu.
    - Select check box: "On Exit".

To reset tabs to whatever was last saved by 'Save tabs - Now" or by "Save tabs - On exit":
    - Open the Tab menu then tap Reset tabs. Each Tab's view level and sort order should be remembered and not be reset by this action.

5) Views (file folder list)

There are many ways to configure the file/folder list views using the "View" and "Sort" buttons which appear in the Tools bar at the bottom (in the default skin and configuration). Here are a few of the more notable functions:

- "View" button - "Recursive data": When "Recursive data" is enabled (and after a refresh of the view) MiXplorer will calculate and show the quantity of items and storage space uses in sub-folders.

- "View" button - "Reset defaults": When "Reset defaults" is enabled then pinch zoom settings can be reset to default for each drive independently by going to root of drive, then selecting a view mode (eg "Detailed"). To maintain the different zoom levels disable "Reset defaults".

- "Pin" an item to top of list: A folder or file can be "Pinned" so it stays at the top of the list view regardless of sort options. To pin/unpin an item: Select it then open menu then select pin/unpin. Similarly, apps in the "Open with" list can be pinned to the top of that list by long pressing the app then tapping "Pin"

- Create a custom thumbnail: To create a custom thumbnail for a folder (which would be used when "Auto folder preview" is enabled in main settings) put the image you want to use for the thumbnail in the folder and rename it to .preview.

- Gallery style view for search folders: For the search folders which show all of a certain file type (eg Audio, Document, Image, Video), there is a gallery style view which shows all images of the designated type on the device but grouped in folders by location similar to the way most default gallery apps work. To enable this mode: Tap the "Sort" button then enable "By parent". To show all items in one list without the folders, disable "By parent"

- App, User App, System App: When viewing contents of the "App" search bookmark, tapping on Location allows choice of App (all), User App, System App. To create a custom bookmark to any of those: Tap the Location in Main Bar, then select desired view (App, User App, or System App) then long press location and "Add to" bookmarks.

6) "Home" page

A full page panel containing locations with details, described in more detail here: MiX Nugget - Home Page - https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82781209&postcount=1168

View Customization (more in Skins/Themes)

Disable Thumbnails (folder specific}: Place image in folder > rename to .nothumbnail
    Custom Folder Icon (folder specific): Place image in folder > rename to .foldericon
    Custom Folder Icon Preview (folder specific): Place image in folder > rename to. preview

Notes:
    - Some image properties may not function properly. Icons can be optimized here: https://tinypng.com/
    - Some of these may depend on a related setting within the app (eg .preview file and setting "Auto folder preview")

----------------------------------------------
    LINKS TO FAQ SECTIONS
    i. INTRODUCTION, GETTING MIXPLORER, & INSTALLATION
    vi. THEMES and SKINS
    MiX Nugget - Settings Overview: https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-82834917
    - vii. BUG REPORTING, TROUBLESHOOTING, AND FAQ WIP

Bug Reporting:
    Please report bugs in the primary MiXplorer thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1523691.

Bug reports should come from the newest beta version of the app. If you notice a bug in the newest release version then check the newest beta. If it also occurs in the beta then log it from there.

Bug reports should include. details about your device (Android version, ROM version, Root status, SU method, MiXplorer version) as well as a step by step description of how to reproduce the issue and a log taken while the issue was reproduced.

MiXplorer's Built-in Logging:

Enable MiXplorer logging
    : Settings . More settings . Logging (enable)

MiXplorer has a native logging feature. If logging is enabled (as it is by default) then the most efficient and the recommended way to do it is the following:

- After crash or after experiencing issue,
    - Open MiXplorer
    - 3-dots menu
    - Send log.

If you have disabled logging in the past, or you if are diagnosing more complicated issues or if you will be reviewing the logs yourself before sending. Here is a manual method that some people use:

- Enable MiXplorer logging.
    - Close MiXplorer.
    - Open MiXplorer.
    - Reproduce the issue.
    - Close MiXplorer.
    - The logs should be in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mixplorer/cache/log/ (The path may vary slightly depending on ROM).
    - Use alternative file manager (just for this ;)) to get most recent log in folder.
    - If using MiXplorer to get the log manually, then make sure to get the log for the previous MiXplorer session rather than the one for the current session.

Testing and Logging Notes:

- Reproduce and log issues in a new session of MiXplorer that was started after logging has been enabled. In other words: Enable logging, then close MiXplorer, then start MiXplorer to reproduce the issue and send the log. A new log is created each time you open MiXplorer. Note: - In some cases it is recommended to test the issue in a clean installation of MiXplorer (after uninstalling MiX then reinstalling it).

- The MiXplorer log directory will not appear until MiXplorer logging has been enabled at least once since last new installation of MiXplorer. Also, if MiXplorer is uninstalled the log folder will be deleted, so if you are getting logs manually during repeated tests remember to do so before next uninstall.

- Before sharing logs it is a good practice to review them for information that you don’t want to share, and to delete that information or replace it with an obvious label, eg <thing x deleted>. To each their own about what to delete, but reviewing logs with privacy in mind before sending is prudent.

- For logging more complex issues, or certain types of FCs where native app logging does not catch the error, a full system log (logcat) may be needed. The app "MatLog" (formerly "CatLog") from Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pluscubed.matlog&hl=en can be used to capture logcats on the device. If an issue is causing reboots then the log might have to be taken from a USB connection on a computer via ADB.

- When you share the log, also share the following:

1) Full details of the device including: Android version, ROM version and variant, Root status, SU status, busybox status.
    2) A detailed description about how to reproduce the error when logging so others may try to reproduce it.

LINKS TO FAQ SECTIONS
    vi. THEMES and SKINS
    iii. WORKING WITH FILES & FOLDERS

Search, searching for items: Expanded description of search methods in this post. MiX Nugget - Searching for Files and Folders: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=82781351&postcount=1170

Select a file or folder: Long press anywhere on the file, or tap on the icon at the left side.

Select multiple files and or folders: Select one file or folder as described above and then select additional items by tapping on the name of each item.

Select all files and folders in the current view: Tap the "Select all" button in the tools bar, or open overflow menu and tap Select all. Note: the Select all button and the Servers button can be swapped in the Tools Bar via Settings - More Settings.

Once you have selected any item(s) the Action Bar will appear (temporally replacing the Main Bar) and will show a counter of selected items with their size, and icons for some standard actions with an overflow menu for more actions. The downward pointing arrow now offers options to expand shift or invert the selection.

There are several ways to to Copy or Move items:

Task queue Select items, then choose an action (repeat process for multiple jobs), then navigate to destination, then tap Job Queue, then select queued task.

- Individual pending tasks or all pending tasks can be cleared from the queue.

- Pending Copy tasks in the queue can be repeated to different destinations.

Drag & drop: Select some items then long press on that selection and drag. A hovering pop-up will appear indicating how many selected items are being dragged.When the the destination folder becomes highlighted, release the selection and respond to the then a “Drop files” prompt which offers a choice to copy or move the selected items.

Copy To and Move To: To copy/move files to a folder to be selected during the process; select items, open menu, tap ]Copy To or Move To, navigate to location, tap OK.

Some long file operations can be paused using the play/pause button in the task status window. Also, from there the task can be canceled or sent to background.

Delete options. There are several delete methods, the visibility of which may be context sensitive, and MiXplorer has a native "recycle/trash" feature which can be enabled in Settings - More Settings - Undo.

Normal: Deletes file “normally”. As is the case with file deletions (not Recycle or Trash) in other OS, the deletion is non-reversible but the raw data may persist until incidentally written over by other system activity.

Trash: Similar to Recycle or Trash bins on desktops. The locations (drives/root paths) where “Trash” functions may very across ROMs and devices. When "Undo" is enabled as described above the following should occur:

- Deleted items are placed in hidden folders named .recycle at the root of each drive. Don't delete those manually unless you are not using the "Undo" feature.

- In the main menu there is an item called "Undo" which shows a list of available undo items. Long press on an item in that list to see the specific files that can be restored. Short press to restore that item/group of items.

- Menu > Undo > "Remove all"; will delete all the .recycle folders and their contents from all drives (if they exist). Also nota bene: only do this if you are sure you wont need to restore anything). Any time you "Trash" something when "Undo" is enabled the .recycle folder for that drive will be recreated. If you've already disabled "Undo" in settings and still have leftover material in the .recycle folders, those folders can be deleted manually (requires "Show hidden")

- In some cases you may be able to recover items manually from the .recycle folders.

- If the trash cannot be emptied, try the following: Main Menu > Undo > Remove all, or Settings > More Settings > deselect Undo. As with manually deleting the contents of the trash/recycle folder, make sure you dont need anything from there before doing this.

Shredder: Destroys files before deleting them. Only available for certain locations. May take longer for larger selections. Deletion by this method is non-reversible and leaves minimal if any recoverable data on the drive.

Batch Delete: When you try to delete a folder as "Normal", it also takes time to clean up database, removing thumbnails, etc... . You can use "Batch Delete" to remove that folder as fast as possible.

[LINKS TO FAQ SECTIONS
    vi. THEMES and SKINS
    iv. FTP and HTTP SERVERS and Send-to

NOTE: As of MiX 6.57 there were substantial changes to servers; ; TCP was removed, Send-to was merged into FTP server, TLS/SSL toggle and explicit/implicit and other switches were added, and multiple accounts can be configured. After updating to 6.57 a username and password will have to be reconfigured as will a few other things as described below. This post outlines the updated server configurations. The description of server configuration for older version of MiX (6.56 and previous) are in this post: https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-85896901

--------------------------------------------
    There are multiple ways MiXplorer can make folders available to other devices including: FTP/Share server, HTTP/WebDav server, SFTP server, and SMB1 Server Each server types offers different functionality and may be applicable in different situations, but the FTP(S,ES)/Share server is most robust and can be accessed by FTP clients and by some native OS file managers so FTP Server was used to create this documentation. HTTP/WebDav server offers less functionality but can be accessed by web browsers and native file explorers on most other systems without any client software, just a full-featured web browser and the requisite credentials. The HTTP server is configured similarly to the FTP server. There are also SFTP and SMB1 servers which are newer and or experimental and which may (or may not) be documented elsewhere.

The MiX server will deliver a different “home” location (folder seen as working folder of directory tree by client) and will offer different levels of access to files on the server device according to: account settings, and method used to run the server, and which folder is in the active tab in MiX on the server device at the time the server is invoked. There is a more detailed description of the different home locations used in different situations below (see Home Path"

Starting Servers

The servers can be started or stopped by a variety of methods: Bottom bar button, main menu, server configuration panel, home screen widget, system tile.

The servers can also be toggled by using Tasker or some other app which can handle intents:
    MiX Nugget - Turning Servers ON/OFF with Tasker and...
    https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-75400602

Some file operations can be performed via intents.:
    MiX Nugget - COPY with Tasker and...:
    https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-75389465

Deep Links:
    Additionally, servers can be toggled on/off by using deep-links which are essentially web hyperlinks that can be used to create home-screen shortcuts or which can be run programmatically without requiring the management of other parameters. When invoked by a home screen shortcut or programatically the server will be toggled on or off. Home screen shortcuts can be created by any of many methods including:from within Launchers (eg Nova), or from within some web browsers, or by Tasker, Edge Gestures, Automate, or any app that can create a hyperlink shortcuts on the home screen.

For example here is a hack-ish but effective method that was used to create one of the shortcuts. Paste the link into a browser > attempted to connect > attempt fails because network is off or there is no website > use feature to create a home screen shortcut > the shortcut takes the name of the error page but effectively toggles the server > rename shortcut.

These are the deep-links links for toggling each server. Note: these links may be highlighted as hyperlinks in web browsers viewing this page but they are actually links to the MiX installation on the Android device.

https://mixplorer.com/app/ftp/trigger
    https://mixplorer.com/app/sftp/trigger
    https://mixplorer.com/app/http/trigger
    https://mixplorer.com/app/smb/trigger

You can add the working directory at the end of the deeplinks for the servers. Example without and with specification of a working directory:

https://mixplorer.com/app/ftp/trigger
    https://mixplorer.com/app/ftp/trigger/storage/emulated/0/pictures

General Server Settings:
    The settings on the main edit server panel apply to the server in general and to all accounts which run on it.

To edit server: Open servers list by any method > edit (pencil icon).

Port: This is the port # which is appended to the IP address.
    Time out (seconds): The duration of time after which the server turns off automatically.
    IP address (optional): Experimental.
    Toggle Start on boot: Sets the server to start on device boot.
    Toggle TLS/SSL: Enable/disable encryption.
    Explicit/Implicit: (FTP/Share only) Set Explicit or Implicit mode.
    None/Basic/Digest: (HTTPWebDav only) [description needed]
    Keystore: [description needed]
    Certificate: [description needed]

More about TLS and Explicit/Implicit here: MiX Nugget: Server Security Settings https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-85932885
    Account settings.

There must be one account (which is equivalent to a username and password configured for the server in the previous MiXplorer versions). Multiple accounts can be created for the same server with each account having different credentials and offering different type of access.

To use just one account: (similar to the username/password from the previous version) rename and configure the “admin” placeholder account or create a new account and delete the placeholder.

To create a new account: In the server edit box Tap Add > enter desired parameters > save.

To edit an existing account: Tap the account drop down (the displayed account name) > tap the name of the account you want to edit.

To delete an account: Tap the account drop down (the displayed account name) > tap the name of the account you want to delete > tap delete. Note: the delete button will not appear if there is only one account.

In the Account edit box the following can be set::

Username
    Password
    Home Path
    Read only
    Show hidden globally

Home Path = The location that clients will see as working directory or root of directory tree

The root folder for clients is contextual, based on how the server was started: The servers can be started or stopped by a variety of methods: Bottom bar button, main menu, server configuration panel, home screen widget, system tile. If the server is invoked directly from bottom bar, then root to clients should be the same as the currently active folder in the MiXplorer UI on the server device. If the server is invoked from within the server configuration panel then root to clients should be the designated folder from the configuration panel.

Factors:
    - If left blank then the the home directory will be auto populated by the root of internal storage (as you may have witnessed).
    - Different clients may yield somewhat different behavior. Full client such as Filezilla on desktop recommended for testing and set up before using native Windows, iOS, or Linux file explorers.

Example Usage Case for multiple accounts: in one FTP server an account could be created with a specific home path so that connections to the server under that account will only see that directory, and another account could be created with no home path designated which allows access to the root of the FTP server device.

Send To:
    To Use the FTP Server to receive files from another device running MiX via Send-to

- Configure FTP servers on both devices with the same port number. Note: The same port # is no longer required; the port can be set in the settings of the connecting device

- Run the server.

- On the client device: select a file > menu > send to > > tap settings to set port to match server port > select server device > in the authentication box enter a password for the displayed account or select a different account and use that account password > Tap OK.

- The regular MiXplorer file operation containing the typical options to abort the process or put it in the background will appear but for small files may not be on the screen for long enough to interact with; nice to have this if you want to gracefully abort a file transfer.

- The file will be copied to the location determined by the home path set for that account based on how server was started.

Note: subsequent file transfers during the same MiXplorer FTP server session may not require credentials and may proceed automatically. In that case in order to switch users the ftp server must be briefly stopped and restarted.

-----------------------
    Link back to MiX FAQ Nugget Index: https://xdaforums.com/t/mixplorer-q-a-and-faq-user-manual.3308582/post-65157352

LINKS TO FAQ SECTIONS
    vi. THEMES and SKINS