FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

mobiwire sakari can't install apps

147 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By jamespoo, Senior Member on 28th December 2017, 04:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
so i got this phone today just to play around with today as it was only 10nzd all phones that are this cheap or this style of phone always uses there own os that is only made for that phone only but was shocked to find it runs android tried to install 2 apps and i get

app not installed app can't be installed on this phone there should be enough space on the phone as it has 103mb free internal storage for apps other storage is for photos or video if you don't have an sd card

so i tried to root the phone with king root and it did not work yes i did enable usb debugging but was able to find out its running android 4.4.2 because in setting it does not show what version of android its running

so what can i do to get apps installed
29th December 2017, 02:37 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
bump
30th December 2017, 11:21 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
bump1
1st January 2018, 08:23 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
bump
22nd January 2018, 09:17 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Àny way around
Hi did you find a workaround for that. I would like to buy a mobiwire sakari. Something I maybe would try is to rename other apks to e.g. "whatsapp_4.5.6..." I'm not sure if this phone supports what's app updates?
14th March 2018, 10:22 AM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespoo

yes i did enable usb debugging

How did you enable USB debugging? I have noticed that when I install WhatsApp.apk, it will install, but not when I rename other apps the same. Have you had any luck?
17th March 2018, 07:33 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I got one of these phones today, after installing whatsapp and facebook light I suspect the apk files are signed for the device as the apps are not installed using the play store but rather a direct link on the phone. If anyone figures out how to instal other apk files please share. it would be great to get google calendar installed!
27th March 2018, 07:57 AM |#8  
I asked MobiWire if they could help/allow us to install other apps, but their reply made it seem like either their customer services didn't know, or they didn't want to help:

"Unfortunately, it is not possible to install apps on Sakari, since it’s not an Android phone.
However, Sakari is sold with 2 preinstalled apps: Whatsapp and Facebook."
28th March 2018, 10:14 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How did you enable USB debugging
31st March 2018, 05:04 AM |#10  

More
Reply to 1337philip
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337phillip

How did you enable USB debugging

Go to Settings > About phone > Spam the middle button on Build number > it will then say You are 5... 4.... etc steps away from being a developer, keep pressing it until it says You are now a developer! > Press the return button and you should see Developer Options on the settings page, open Developer Options. > Enable developer options with the toggle switch on the top > Scroll down till you find USB debugging > click the check box and click OK.

There ya go, mate!
(btw this is my first forum post ever lol)

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taah3r0

Hi did you find a workaround for that. I would like to buy a mobiwire sakari. Something I maybe would try is to rename other apks to e.g. "whatsapp_4.5.6..." I'm not sure if this phone supports what's app updates?

Hey mate, heres how I got whatsapp on my Vodafone NZ Mobiwire Sakari:

Download the apk of WhatsApp from somewhere (just google 'whatsapp apk', sorry mate, im not allowed to post links yet XD)

Enable USB debugging on the phone (look at the reply I left to 1337philip down below to see how)

Copy the downloaded apk to the phone (internal storage or sd card, anyone you choose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Go to file manager on the phone and go to the location where you saved the apk and click it and follow the install process

When done click 'Open' and walla!

WhatsApp on your phone! (it should also be on the home screen)

Glad to be a help, mate
Thanks!
31st March 2018, 05:11 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodzie

Go to Settings > About phone > Spam the middle button on Build number > it will then say You are 5... 4.... etc steps away from being a developer, keep pressing it until it says You are now a developer! > Press the return button and you should see Developer Options on the settings page, open Developer Options. > Enable developer options with the toggle switch on the top > Scroll down till you find USB debugging > click the check box and click OK.

There ya go, mate!
(btw this is my first forum post ever lol)

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

Hey mate, heres how I got whatsapp on my Vodafone NZ Mobiwire Sakari:

Download the apk of WhatsApp from somewhere (just google 'whatsapp apk', sorry mate, im not allowed to post links yet XD)

Enable USB debugging on the phone (look at the reply I left to 1337philip down below to see how)

Copy the downloaded apk to the phone (internal storage or sd card, anyone you choose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Go to file manager on the phone and go to the location where you saved the apk and click it and follow the install process

When done click 'Open' and walla!

WhatsApp on your phone! (it should also be on the home screen)

Glad to be a help, mate
Thanks!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)