FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Nokia 3 - FRP Bypass Help

82 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By geon106, Member on 11th July 2019, 07:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey all,

I purchased a Nokia 3 from Facebook Marketplace and it has been factory reset of course, but Google says "This device has been reset. Please sign in to a Google account previously used". I cannot get past this.

I've downloaded several programs onto my PC but none have worked. I have tried following online tutorials which say to go via the Vision Settings, Help and Support, Get Started with Voice and playing a YouTube video but that video does not show up for me. I also tried the changing language trick then changing keyboards but that doesn't work (Missing the change keyboard option).

As far as I know it is running Android 5.1.1.

Any help would be great. Thank you

18th July 2019, 09:03 PM |#2  
Forum Moderator
Flag A hammock somewhere in the woods...
Thanks Meter: 1,394

More
Your first step would be to contact the seller. If it was their phone, then you would need them to sign into the device itself. If they change their password and give it to you, it can't be used to unlock an FRP-locked device for 72 hours after the change.. If they don't know what account it would have been locked to, that should be a big red flag to you about the legitimacy of previous ownership. The discussion of how to bypass FRP is very much on the borderline of the gray area of what's allowable, due to why it's in place in the first place.

Thread is being watched, so it doesn't start snowballing into back-and-forths about FRP legality and blah blah. FRP is a security mechanism to deter phone thefts, as the stolen phone would be rendered useless.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)