FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

nomu m8 dead?

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By sethas32, Junior Member on 11th January 2020, 03:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
hey, i think my phone is just dead
i used sp flash tools to flash my nomu m8
i cant find the custom rom for it, is it possible to use one from a similar phone?
if not i hope someone can upload it ;/
11th January 2020, 03:38 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethas32

hey, i think my phone is just dead

i used sp flash tools to flash my nomu m8

i cant find the custom rom for it, is it possible to use one from a similar phone?

if not i hope someone can upload it ;/

That is what happens when you flash things that were not meant/built for your specific model number.

You need the firmware that is specific to your model number.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
12th January 2020, 11:47 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks for the reply.
I mean i have a firmware for the device ( isnt the same as a custom rom right, excuse me when im wrong)
It contains a flash -all batch file, bootloader, boot file, system file etc. but no a scatter file.
I tried making a scatter file using mtk droid but it doesn't detect the phone. It is recognized by my pc though
12th January 2020, 11:14 PM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethas32

Thanks for the reply.
I mean i have a firmware for the device ( isnt the same as a custom rom right, excuse me when im wrong)
It contains a flash -all batch file, bootloader, boot file, system file etc. but no a scatter file.
I tried making a scatter file using mtk droid but it doesn't detect the phone. It is recognized by my pc though

If you have bricked your device you need to do some research on how to unbrick Mtk devices.
13th January 2020, 02:53 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

If you have bricked your device you need to do some research on how to unbrick Mtk devices.

I did but I only got the factory image of the phone. I cant find a custom rom for the phone so i cant flash it with sp flash tools. It only works for roms with a scatter file.
I tried to flash trough cmd with fastboot and amd but it doesnt detect the device. When i connect the (dead bricked) phone my pc keeps connecting and disconnecting the driver over and over again.

Any advice will be appreciated, if there is a way... Maybe someone at this forum also got a nomu m8 and could clone it?
I think thats the only option, or flash it with a simular rom from another model? idk ;/
13th January 2020, 03:17 PM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethas32

I did but I only got the factory image of the phone. I cant find a custom rom for the phone so i cant flash it with sp flash tools. It only works for roms with a scatter file.

I tried to flash trough cmd with fastboot and amd but it doesnt detect the device. When i connect the (dead bricked) phone my pc keeps connecting and disconnecting the driver over and over again.



Any advice will be appreciated, if there is a way... Maybe someone at this forum also got a nomu m8 and could clone it?

I think thats the only option, or flash it with a simular rom from another model? idk ;/

The connect/disconnect/connect issue is normal, you have to get the order of operations and the timing correct, if you do it right at exactly the right time, it should work.

There are plenty of threads and posts that discuss the connection process and the timing involved.

SP flashtool is primarily used to flash stock firmware, not custom ROMs. The problem is your firmware didn't come with a scatter file in the firmware file.

I know you tried to create a scatter file but did you try the method in the video linked below?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNlXT4EMUtY

Or maybe you can use just the scatter file from another device that is similar to yours, if you find a scatter file from a device that has the same partition structure as yours, it should work. The scatter file is only used to tell SP flashtool which partitions to flash the imgs to.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
14th January 2020, 01:54 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

The connect/disconnect/connect issue is normal, you have to get the order of operations and the timing correct, if you do it right at exactly the right time, it should work.

There are plenty of threads and posts that discuss the connection process and the timing involved.

SP flashtool is primarily used to flash stock firmware, not custom ROMs. The problem is your firmware didn't come with a scatter file in the firmware file.

I know you tried to create a scatter file but did you try the method in the video linked below?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNlXT4EMUtY

Or maybe you can use just the scatter file from another device that is similar to yours, if you find a scatter file from a device that has the same partition structure as yours, it should work. The scatter file is only used to tell SP flashtool which partitions to flash the imgs to.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk


Thanks for the info! I tried the miracle tool, but it stuck at downloading boot. the other thing is the driver stays connected. Now i got a new problem, after a few times trying my pc couldn't find the phone anymore.
In the device manager it says 'Unknown USB device (Device descriptor request failed) ' I tried to update the driver with the MTK65xx vcom usb driver and a got a new error: 'The folder you specified doesnt contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with windows for 64x-based systems. ( i tried multiple, all the same error) its so hopeless.. now its official DEAD bricked. I think i stay with my old redmi phone
14th January 2020, 02:01 PM |#8  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethas32

Thanks for the info! I tried the miracle tool, but it stuck at downloading boot. the other thing is the driver stays connected. Now i got a new problem, after a few times trying my pc couldn't find the phone anymore.
In the device manager it says 'Unknown USB device (Device descriptor request failed) ' I tried to update the driver with the MTK65xx vcom usb driver and a got a new error: 'The folder you specified doesnt contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with windows for 64x-based systems. ( i tried multiple, all the same error) its so hopeless.. now its official DEAD bricked. I think i stay with my old redmi phone

Unknown USB device is also a common issue, even with devices that are fully functional. This isn't due to being bricked, it is because Windows has "forgotten" your device. That error usually corrects itself, you just have to keep trying to connect your device. There are some solutions that can be found on the internet if you do some searching for:

"Device descriptor request failed"

You might find a way to correct that error. There are more if you search for them.

Here is one possible solution.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hKwRUdfRN2s

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
17th January 2020, 10:44 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

The connect/disconnect/connect issue is normal, you have to get the order of operations and the timing correct, if you do it right at exactly the right time, it should work.

There are plenty of threads and posts that discuss the connection process and the timing involved.

SP flashtool is primarily used to flash stock firmware, not custom ROMs. The problem is your firmware didn't come with a scatter file in the firmware file.

I know you tried to create a scatter file but did you try the method in the video linked below?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNlXT4EMUtY

Or maybe you can use just the scatter file from another device that is similar to yours, if you find a scatter file from a device that has the same partition structure as yours, it should work. The scatter file is only used to tell SP flashtool which partitions to flash the imgs to.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Thanks, but the driver problem fixed itself. I think using miracle box to create a scatter isn't an option because I formatted the phone, didn't make that clear
Now I try to find a similar scatter file with the same partition info. How do I get info about the partition list, cant find anything about it.
the only thing is I got the IMEI code.
this is the image file :
https://ibb.co/hX59FMc
https://ibb.co/64GFzmz
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes