OPPO f9 imposible to root?

Search This thread

razanon

Apr 2, 2015
Hi Friends, Ramón from Mallorca, Spain. Nice to salute you ppl.

I have a problem. Justin bought a Fresh OPPO f9.

Searching guides on internet, always are the dame steps everithung ok but... When need to unlock bootloader ...ops theres no bootloader...

Simple question:
Its possible to root that mobile today? If its possible can anyone help me with a tutorial? THX in advance.

Sep 28, 2018
Yes, I was looking for the same! All the guides are just copypastas with steps that aren't specific to the F9 Pro. Haven't been able to find a real resource for unlocking the bootloader of the F9 Pro yet.

PirateCat

Oct 8, 2018
Bad news ... for now

So me too there are alot of incorrect solutions that wont work.

Reason

Oppo has locked the bootloader and removed fastboot acess to bootloader.

We cannot unlock the bootloader.

The only way we may be able to root this phone is with the Boot image patch method used in Magisk but Oppo also has introduced an encryption scheme to stock images called ozip. At the moment no one has been able to find a key for the oppo f9's ozip encryption.

There are a couple of python tools to decrypt ozip on github

I am not allowed to post urls yet. :(

None of the keys work ... I have tried to brute force by guessing random keys because i know little to nothing about encryption but no success.

Also there is a interesting git with the encryption schema itself search for ozip ecryption specks

Anyone with cracking experience might give it a go
The stock image can be downloaded from oppos support page.

Maybe we can get some support from the senior members here who have knowledge and experience.

on the specks site it is said that we can retrieve the key with :

xtract the 128-bit ECB Key (binary is here, aarch64 elf, 0x23f08)

I dont even know what that means and the link is dead.

Last edited:

razanon

Apr 2, 2015
So me too there are alot of incorrect solutions that wont work.

Reason

Oppo has locked the bootloader and removed fastboot acess to bootloader.

We cannot unlock the bootloader.

The only way we may be able to root this phone is with the Boot image patch method used in Magisk but Oppo also has introduced an encryption scheme to stock images called ozip. At the moment no one has been able to find a key for the oppo f9's ozip encryption.

There are a couple of python tools to decrypt ozip on github

I am not allowed to post urls yet. :(

None of the keys work ... I have tried to brute force by guessing random keys because i know little to nothing about encryption but no success.

Also there is a interesting git with the encryption schema itself search for ozip ecryption specks

Anyone with cracking experience might give it a go
The stock image can be downloaded from oppos support page.

Maybe we can get some support from the senior members here who have knowledge and experience.

on the specks site it is said that we can retrieve the key with :

xtract the 128-bit ECB Key (binary is here, aarch64 elf, 0x23f08)

I dont even know what that means and the link is dead.

thx a lot friend, but anything more complicated that using TWRP and MAGISK tutorial are chinese to me. hope we have soon a potential solution.

Jun 3, 2019

Searching guides on internet, always are the dame steps everithung ok but... When need to unlock bootloader ...ops theres no bootloader...

Simple question:
Its possible to root that mobile today? If its possible can anyone help me with a tutorial? THX in advance.

I use miracle thunder to open a forgotten pin code / pattern & the method works. on the display of the miracle thunder application there is an option to open the bootloader & open root access for the device. but I have not tried to root my device. the method of using miracle thunder is required to dismantle the device to briefly connect the pin on the PCB to ground.

YasuHamed

Dec 17, 2013
oppo fones are reciepe to fail,
just saw reno, over priced, strange stockrom interface! (similar to lg v20) felt heavy!
and now what i am hearing there might be no possible way to root,
then for me its a bye bye!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Simple question: