FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Oreo Update For Infinix Zero 5 Pro

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Ankur Srivastava, Junior Member on 6th June 2019, 10:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi I am a new member to this forum but have always liked the posts.

I am using Infinix Zero 5 Pro

My Phone Details are as under

Phone Running on XOS Humming Bird V3.0

Ram : 6 B
Rom / HDD: 128GB
Model : Infinix X603
XOS Build Number: XOSP64-V3.0.251-P2-171207
Phone Build: X603-H575B-N-In-190307V114

Could you please let me know if this phone would be getting an Oreo Update and if so when would that be released.

Also if the update is not in for the phone, can I go ahead and perform the custom ROM install.

To perform the custom ROM install, please let me know how do I proceed for the same.

Any help is appreciated.

7th June 2019, 06:18 AM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankur Srivastava

Hi I am a new member to this forum but have always liked the posts.

I am using Infinix Zero 5 Pro

My Phone Details are as under

Phone Running on XOS Humming Bird V3.0

Ram : 6 B
Rom / HDD: 128GB
Model : Infinix X603
XOS Build Number: XOSP64-V3.0.251-P2-171207
Phone Build: X603-H575B-N-In-190307V114

Could you please let me know if this phone would be getting an Oreo Update and if so when would that be released.

Also if the update is not in for the phone, can I go ahead and perform the custom ROM install.

To perform the custom ROM install, please let me know how do I proceed for the same.

Any help is appreciated.

Whether or not your device gets an update is controlled by your manufacturer or your carrier. Contact your manufacturer or your carrier, they can tell you when/if your device will get the update.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk
8th June 2019, 05:32 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Thanks for the update . I spoke with the infinix team rather wrote them an email and they said they are not sure if this device would get the Oreo update.

So once again if it does not get update then can I go with the custom ROM and how would I proceed with the same
8th June 2019, 08:05 PM |#4  
Quote:

Thanks for the update . I spoke with the infinix team rather wrote them an email and they said they are not sure if this device would get the Oreo update.

So once again if it does not get update then can I go with the custom ROM and how would I proceed with the same

Did you ask your mobile carrier if they will offer the update for that device on their network? Asking your manufacturer isn't enough, the manufacturer creates and releases the updates for devices but your carrier is the one that decides whether they will push that update to the devices on their network.

If the manufacturer releases the update for your specific model number, you don't necessarily have to update via a carrier OTA update, you can download the update manually and flash it via your devices specific flash tool on PC. Then it doesn't matter whether your carrier offers the update, you'll be flashing the update directly from the manufacturer.

As for installing custom ROMs, that will require your device to have an unlocked bootloader. You need to check the status of your bootloader to see if it is locked or unlocked. If it's locked, you'll have to search for the method to unlock bootloader on devices with your specific device model number and your specific android version or build number.

If you find a working method to unlock bootloader on your device, thrn you can flash TWRP on your device. To find the method for flashing TWRP on your device, do a Google search for:

"Install TWRP on (your specific model number)"

If TWRP exists for your model number, that will find it and how to flash it.

Then you can flash custom ROMs if any exist for your specific model number. To find custom ROMs for your model number, do a Google search for:

"Custom ROMs for (your specific model number)"

If any exist, that will find them, if you find a ROM, follow the instructions in the thread or guide that you find the ROM in to install it.

8th June 2019, 08:29 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Thanks for the update. Really appreciate it...
I forgot to mention I had word with my mobile carieer Reliance Bio and they said they haven't had any update for this model since if the phone manufacturer won't release then they can't push it...

My question is based on my phone specification could you let me know if proceeding with custom ROM would be good option
9th June 2019, 12:26 AM |#6  
Quote:

Thanks for the update. Really appreciate it...
I forgot to mention I had word with my mobile carieer Reliance Bio and they said they haven't had any update for this model since if the phone manufacturer won't release then they can't push it...

My question is based on my phone specification could you let me know if proceeding with custom ROM would be good option

It depends on if any ROMs are available for your model number and it depends on how well the developer built the ROM. You'll have to do all that searching, reading, researching and learning for yourself. No one is going to spoonfeed you around here, you're still going to have to do the work for yourself. You are re one that wants to update your device and you are the one that knows what kind of functionality and features you want. Start finding ROMs and reading up on them to see how well they perform, find one that seems stable, ask others that have used it, when you find one that you like, try it out, if you don't like it, try another. Keep doing that until you're satisfied.

Keep in mind, this is assuming that there are ROMs for your model.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)