Palm pvg100 questions

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By fatetraitor, Junior Member on 25th September 2019, 08:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st February 2020, 01:42 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
It's locked compliments of Google applying restrictions in Android 8.1. Remember when Google did no evil?

Root and edit /vendor/etc/apn....xml

Then go to Settings -> Mobile etc -> APN -> "Restore Defaults"

This will import the xml into the sql database. If any value matches your carrier it will apply automatically. I had to do this to get it working on 3 here in the UK.
1st February 2020, 09:37 PM |#22  

More
so... without the hotspot option in this phone... what are the ways to activate my car system internet? usb? android auto? how?

Thanks!
1st February 2020, 09:46 PM |#23  

More
Usb tethering works fine, you just need a shortcut app to get to the settings page. There is no wifi tethering, it's disabled. Now that I have root though I might look for a way to enable since it's a software restriction.
1st February 2020, 10:27 PM |#24  

More
Thanks! another questions...

1) I want to install google camera apk, i can't find the version that adapt for this phone...

2) How i get to the adb shall for this phone? for uninstall the version software.

3) I'm from europe, i bought the phone from usa. i can't get the 4g network to working, only 3g... is there's a way to solve it?

Thanks!
2nd February 2020, 03:08 PM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy20

Usb tethering works fine, you just need a shortcut app to get to the settings page. There is no wifi tethering, it's disabled. Now that I have root though I might look for a way to enable since it's a software restriction.

Just download this to my phone.. don't know how to active the internet from it...
2nd February 2020, 05:35 PM |#26  

More
1. it requires another google service apk to impersonate the hardware chip found in the Pixel 3 and 4. I can't remember what it is but even then will it work...

adb shell
su
mount -o rw,remount /system
mount -o rw,remount /vendor
rm -rf ****packages be careful, my list in the other thread is safe***

3. Many 4G bands are not enabled in Europe. It's a known "problem" or restriction and there isn't a solution yet.
8th February 2020, 01:43 PM |#27  
Flag South Texas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEXXO

dude i dont know wahts exaclty you wanna show with this what you write , but just for info this Thread is intended for ALL
Questions about the Palm PVG-100 so if you can handle it fine and Rooting iz not the only problem

where you can find a Sim Tray Replace for this phone. (YES A GOOGLET IT ) so if you can helph with this fine too

I totally agree with you @DEXXO, After all, this is labeled under "General discussion Questions and Answers*Palm pvg100 questions" and you ask a question to thst effect. Like the own the place. Why create a thread "Questions and Answers" about the Palm PVG-100 and then ridicule you for asking a question to the exact same topic in the title.
As for XDA is about Software only, thats just untrue. You have a right to ask questions and if thoughs member don't like it thats theit choice. You have just ss much a right to post as they do. As long as you are not breaking policy rules, and your not, don't worry about it. I believe things could have been handled simple by suggesting to you to open your own thread.
As for XDA is a software only site, that simply is not true. Heres just of few of the many, many, many......etc XDA threads, links and posts provided in the links below. "Accessories". THAT'S DEFINITELY HARDWARE.
Criticism for lack of searching before you post? Right? Works both ways does it not., Its the Google search that brought you here "**Questions and Answers*Palm pvg100 ".

Note 4

https://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/accessories

Note 5

https://forum.xda-developers.com/note5

Welcome to XDA my friend

XDA FORUM RULES

"Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy"
8th February 2020, 04:33 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Yes Mr. Javi i dont know whats proplem some members have here , parantly they dont understand or can handle facts Lmao :
but anyway thanks finaly someone ho understand rights .

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. JAVI

I totally agree with you @DEXXO, dont be intimidated by unfriendly members. After all, this is labeled as**"General discussion**Questions and Answers*Palm pvg100 questions" and you ask a question they don't like hahahe. Like the own the place. Why create a thread "Questions and Answers" about the Palm PVG-100 and then ridicule you for asking a question to the exact same topic in the title. What a joke
As for XDA is about Software only, thats just untrue. You have a right to ask questions and if thous member don't like it thats there problem. As long as you are not breaking policy rules, you have nothing to worry about
In fact hears an XDA link of the N4 where a whole section is designed "Accessories". THAT'S DEFINITELY HARDWARE.
Yea, you did a Google search and that brought you to "**Questions and Answers*Palm pvg100 ".

Note 4

https://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/accessories

Note 5

https://forum.xda-developers.com/note5

Welcome to XDA my friend

XDA FORUM RULES

"Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy"

8th February 2020, 06:00 PM |#29  
Flag South Texas

More
Quote:

Yes Mr. Javi i dont know whats proplem some members have here , parantly they dont understand or can handle facts Lmao :
but anyway thanks finaly someone ho understand rights .

:

Your welcome @DEXXO , the only reason I came to this thread was to help provide assistance to a member of Android Forums. I didn't like the way your were treated and felt, I had to say something in your defense.
11th February 2020, 12:22 PM |#30  
Quote:

Thanks for the Info

but wich Phone a buy a surely i dont need XDA or Ask about if they have open Codes or Stock Roms

this Palm Phone PVG -100 is realy Unic in the hole Marked , because iz small (xtrem and has hightech from today) 8 Core Snap Dr.. alot Ram and iz

incredible Fast . And my Question for Rooting a sutch device iz more about that you can remove some Provider Bloatware. etc.

how said we will see what will come on the Comunity for this Device

Greets D

I see that there still is not a rooting method for this device and no custom recovery or custom ROMs.

You may not have liked the things I posted about checking to see which devices have root and custom ROMs available before you buy them, but, everything I said was the absolute truth. If you had checked XDA before buying a device, I'm certain that you would have found a device that you liked that also has root methods and custom ROMs available and you would currently be enjoying a device that is rooted with a custom ROM that you like.

Many people that want a rooted/customized device make the same mistake you did, they buy a device without checking to see if root and custom ROMs exist for the device they bought, then they come here looking for support and they don't find anything because nothing is here for the device that they bought. Most of them never see support for their device and they have to give up on their current device and get another device that IS supported by root methods and custom ROMs.

If you want/like having a device that is rooted and/or has custom ROMs available, you may want to consider my words more closely the next time you buy a device. Don't just buy a device because you like it and then "assume" that the device will have root and custom ROM support, you will more than likely be disappointed.

You are going with the idea of how you would like it be and I'm trying to give you a reality check in order for you to see how it really is instead of how you would like it to be.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
11th February 2020, 04:02 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

I see that there still is not a rooting method for this device and no custom recovery or custom ROMs.

You may not have liked the things I posted about checking to see which devices have root and custom ROMs available before you buy them, but, everything I said was the absolute truth. If you had checked XDA before buying a device, I'm certain that you would have found a device that you liked that also has root methods and custom ROMs available and you would currently be enjoying a device that is rooted with a custom ROM that you like.

Many people that want a rooted/customized device make the same mistake you did, they buy a device without checking to see if root and custom ROMs exist for the device they bought, then they come here looking for support and they don't find anything because nothing is here for the device that they bought. Most of them never see support for their device and they have to give up on their current device and get another device that IS supported by root methods and custom ROMs.

If you want/like having a device that is rooted and/or has custom ROMs available, you may want to consider my words more closely the next time you buy a device. Don't just buy a device because you like it and then "assume" that the device will have root and custom ROM support, you will more than likely be disappointed.

You are going with the idea of how you would like it be and I'm trying to give you a reality check in order for you to see how it really is instead of how you would like it to be.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Droidriven what you not have understand this Device Palm PVG-100 is unic in this Size and Specs. You not will find a Device in such a
factured Quality size and performance. Also a not buyed it only if it has Custom Roms or not yet , on this Device iz About Estetics and Unique Style and Specs performance and Build Quality on a wherry
little Size that no other one Manufacture has ever created bevor . So thanks for your understanding iz not necessari you reply and post
same and same you dit and all other has allredy readed on the threats bevor so thanks an bb.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
palm-palm

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)