Thanks Meter: 0

By geoholl, Junior Member on 18th April 2016, 03:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,
I bought a new Panasonic FZ-A1
Android version: 4.03
Kernel: 3.0.8
Build number: IML74K.V1.06L65M000

I am new to the forums but not totally new to Android. I have some questions about this Toughpad.
I bought it for general use but mainly for use on my boat, the $349 price tag seemed reasonable enough for a tablet that can stand up to water, drops etc..
and the screen is visible in direct sunlight.
The problems I have been having:
First I had the "Couldn't Sign In.. can't establish a reiable connection...." message. I finally was able to get the account in after trying
numerous fixes (Airplane mode on/off etc..) but mostly just walking away when the urge to test the "toughness" hit me.
Now that I have the account in I still can't do anything, Play Store times out, Chrome looks like it's trying but after a while I get
"Error 105 Unable to resolve the servers DNS address. ".
I am considering rooting which will kill the warranty but if (for the price) doing it means this pad can be updated with a better version I'd consider it
I'm looking for some input/advice if anyone can help.

Thanks, Geo
18th April 2016, 06:50 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoholl

Hello,
I bought a new Panasonic FZ-A1
Android version: 4.03
Kernel: 3.0.8
Build number: IML74K.V1.06L65M000

I am new to the forums but not totally new to Android. I have some questions about this Toughpad.
I bought it for general use but mainly for use on my boat, the $349 price tag seemed reasonable enough for a tablet that can stand up to water, drops etc..
and the screen is visible in direct sunlight.
The problems I have been having:
First I had the "Couldn't Sign In.. can't establish a reiable connection...." message. I finally was able to get the account in after trying
numerous fixes (Airplane mode on/off etc..) but mostly just walking away when the urge to test the "toughness" hit me.
Now that I have the account in I still can't do anything, Play Store times out, Chrome looks like it's trying but after a while I get
"Error 105 Unable to resolve the servers DNS address. ".
I am considering rooting which will kill the warranty but if (for the price) doing it means this pad can be updated with a better version I'd consider it
I'm looking for some input/advice if anyone can help.

Thanks, Geo

i think this is a network problem.... try some other network provider
The Following User Says Thank You to EMONESSboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EMONESSboy Ad-Free
18th April 2016, 09:19 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
I did try that when I first received the pad, went to McD's and it still "Couldn't sign in...". I got it working now (after ur reply) by enabling a Guest User logon with no security, it connected right away.

Thanks again,
Geo
26th April 2016, 02:52 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoholl

I did try that when I first received the pad, went to McD's and it still "Couldn't sign in...". I got it working now (after ur reply) by enabling a Guest User logon with no security, it connected right away.

Thanks again,
Geo

Back again.. this Panasonic Toughpad FZ-A1 will connect and everything seems to work "only" when it is on an unsecured guest wifi connection to my router, when I connect to my secure wifi (WPA2) it will say it is connected but it will sit there on Chrome and just spin.. obviously I do not want to leave the guest wifi on.
I hate to be an obvious newb but I guess that is what it is. Any suggestions on where to look for a solution would be much appreciated.

Geo
1st June 2017, 09:56 PM |#5  

More
Hi Geo,

I am having the same issues and was wondering if you ever found a more "permanent" solution to the problem?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)