What is 're-partition' in odin mode?

Search This thread

sasanka@901

Aug 9, 2017
I want to know what is 're-partition' option in odin mode? Can I flash rom without tick re-partition option?

Sent from my SHV-E210S using Tapatalk

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
I want to know what is 're-partition' option in odin mode? Can I flash rom without tick re-partition option?

You can flash without using the re-partition option. That is usually used when flashing the PIT file along with the firmware.

I DO NOT PROVIDE HELP IN PM, KEEP IT IN THE THREADS WHERE EVERYONE CAN SHARE

Reactions: sasanka@901

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Can I upgrade android 4.3 to android 4.4.4 without using pit file?

Yes, you can upgrade but you shouldn't need the PIT, the PIT is only used when one or more of your partitions are corrupted. Flashing PIT repairs your partition structure.

sasanka@901

Aug 9, 2017
Yes, you can upgrade but you shouldn't need the PIT, the PIT is only used when one or more of your partitions are corrupted. Flashing PIT repairs your partition structure.

I searched many sites for download compatible pit file for my device. Because somtime it will be need to me. But I can't find the pit file. Do you know a web site for download a pit file? My device is samsung galaxy s3. (Shv-e210s)

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
I searched many sites for download compatible pit file for my device. Because somtime it will be need to me. But I can't find the pit file. Do you know a web site for download a pit file? My device is samsung galaxy s3. (Shv-e210s)

You can use terminal emulator or adb to pull a copy of your PIT file directly from the device.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
How do it??

Why can't you at least TRY finding something yourself. I will not do all the searching for you. I told you what you need and you know what your device is so do some searching to find how to pull PIT from your model number.

If the device is that important to you then you should be willing to do what it takes to learn.

@sasanka@901, read my updated info. I'm trying to help, but you need to understand that helping you does not mean doing all the hard work for you. I'm trying to teach you how to find what you need and how to search for the right thing, I'm not just trying to help you fix your device the way you want. If you're going to play around with your device then the most important thing to learn is how to find the correct information for what you need.

Try doing some searches like the example below.

"How to (whatever you want/need to know)"

"What is (whatever you want/need to know)"

"(Whatever you are looking for or want to know)"

I did a simple Google search for:

"How to extract PIT from Galaxy S3"

This was the first link in results:

http://www.droidviews.com/how-to-extract-pit-file-from-samsung-galaxy-devices/

That search took me 20 seconds to find. How hard was that?

Last edited:
Reactions: sasanka@901

sasanka@901

Aug 9, 2017
Why can't you at least TRY finding something yourself. I will not do all the searching for you. I told you what you need and you know what your device is so do some searching to find how to pull PIT from your model number.

If the device is that important to you then you should be willing to do what it takes to learn.

@sasanka@901, read my updated info. I'm trying to help, but you need to understand that helping you does not mean doing all the hard work for you. I'm trying to teach you how to find what you need and how to search for the right thing, I'm not just trying to help you fix your device the way you want. If you're going to play around with your device then the most important thing to learn is how to find the correct information for what you need.

Its worked... thank you for your link

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You can flash without using the re-partition option. That is usually used when flashing the PIT file along with the firmware.

How do it??