FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Path to developing

214 posts
Thanks Meter: 30

Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

I am Shivang I live in India, I have completed my graduation (B.A.) my family wants me to go for M.B.A. but I want to be a developer.
I have seen many universities courses relating to software developing, all the courses have math in their syllabus and my math is not so good. Last time I studied math was in high school after that I completed 11th and 12th from commerce side and then my graduation B.A.
I have also learned C++ from one private institute.
I wanna spend my life by doing what I love to do not by doing something I don't like
The obstacle between me and developing is these other subjects universities teach for example a student of 1st standard loves drawing and that's all what he wanna do but he cannot qualify his final exams by only learning drawing he should study and learn other subjects also to qualify. I think you understand what I mean here.
So I don't wanna go to universities because they will tecah me other subjects to like math which I know I will fail to understand.
So is there any other way I can be a developer. Or is there any course regarding software developing which do not have math in it.

Thank you.

15th August 2017, 11:24 PM |#2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 789

More
BCA
Has less math if I'm correct
Not really sure
6th September 2017, 12:54 PM |#3  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupritaisno1

BCA
Not really sure

BCA has math too, even BScIT has.... You need to learn math though.... I know Indian education sucks but you have to bear it... Or find a private institute which doesn't include maths and teaches only programming.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Quote:

BCA
Not really sure

sorry was replying OP mistakenly replied you
6th September 2017, 05:34 PM |#4  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 789

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantsharma324

BCA has math too, even BScIT has.... You need to learn math though.... I know Indian education sucks but you have to bear it... Or find a private institute which doesn't include maths and teaches only programming.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

sorry was replying OP mistakenly replied you

Programming is about math
You can do a minimal course which teaches only the needed math but you can't just throw it away. If you don't know at least high school math (that's 11th and 12th) then you really can't do much of programming
6th September 2017, 07:18 PM |#5  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:

Programming is about math
You can do a minimal course which teaches only the needed math but you can't just throw it away. If you don't know at least high school math (that's 11th and 12th) then you really can't do much of programming

FYI I'm post graduated and had completed MScIT.
I know what is the importance of maths in programming and everyone knows basic maths which is needed in Programming.
What i was saying to the OP was if he don't want maths at all then you can do some private course although it won't give u a better job. That's all.
4th October 2017, 07:55 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
U won' t be able to go much ahead in programming if u don' t know math. Try online courses for math and programming. They have been of much help to me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)