FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

is there any phone manufacturer that sale his phones without locking bootloader

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By do-d, Member on 25th November 2019, 10:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
hello all

we sale a system , to control the system we are using android phones with our custom app installed.
till now we used the Samsung galaxy.

now we are looking for a phone that we can root and change rom's as we wish, with Samsung it become too difficult this days .

is there any manufacturer that sale his products open for software change without the need to hack it ?
1st December 2019, 10:45 AM |#2  
OP Member

More
will it be true to say HTC devices are fit to this mission ?
1st December 2019, 10:46 PM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by do-d

hello all

we sale a system , to control the system we are using android phones with our custom app installed.
till now we used the Samsung galaxy.

now we are looking for a phone that we can root and change rom's as we wish, with Samsung it become too difficult this days .

is there any manufacturer that sale his products open for software change without the need to hack it ?

If you like Samsung devices and want an unlocked bootloader, buy an international model of whatever Samsung device you choose and buy it directly from Samsung, do not buy it from a carrier. International devices have unlocked bootloader or at least can be unlocked.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
2nd December 2019, 02:26 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

If you like Samsung devices and want an unlocked bootloader, buy an international model of whatever Samsung device you choose and buy it directly from Samsung, do not buy it from a carrier. International devices have unlocked bootloader or at least can be unlocked.

i do like Samsung devices but even if i have an unlocked bootloader its hard to move between firmware because of security versions.
is HTC easy to change firmware versions?
or an unlocked boot loader only guaranty a carrier free device
2nd December 2019, 04:30 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by do-d

i do like Samsung devices but even if i have an unlocked bootloader its hard to move between firmware because of security versions.

is HTC easy to change firmware versions?

or an unlocked boot loader only guaranty a carrier free device

Unlocking bootloader doesn't necessarily have anything to do with being carrier free or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)