FORUMS

[Pie][Samsung] Kernel not responding to controls

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By milleniumdroid, Junior Member on 25th March 2020, 08:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Before I start, I will say I am posting it here as I am afraid others might have the same situation on other devices and the subforum for the Galaxy Tab S3 isn't very active.

So a while ago I installed a pre-rooted and debloated stock-based ROM on mt tablet and everything has been going OK but the throttling issue is still there. Also, the thermals have degraded quite a bit over the years. The throttling is so bad that my tablet is now unable to perform well for more than a short time. It doesn't want to accept/hold most of my manual kernel settings. This is a joke/insult to me as I am a veteran power user who used to overclock devices and mess with voltage controls and other similar stuff back in my Android 4.x glory days. Is there a way to regain control over my tablet and have it obey my commands for once? I cannot find anything online to help me. Disabling the Qualcomm thermal engine (or so I think I did) didn't help whatsoever. Another thing of note is that when I tried fully custom ROMs last year for a short time, they had the same issue.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, do not lecture me on "yOu wiLL BlOw yOuR deVicE uP" as I know what I am doing and have nothing to lose anyway. I just want the solution without those disclaimers real geeks don't care about anyway.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)