FORUMS

Is there any way/possibility to bring back bluez stack to android >= 9.0?

70 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By feiplane, Member on 23rd June 2020, 08:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
been having bluetooth connectivity problem with legacy ps3 controller aka "dualshock 3" with android 9 phone(no problem connected via usb),
all guides/documentations related needed the bluez stack that google was ditched since android 4/5 to work with,
the 'bring back bluez to android project' was stopped at the lollipop stage as well, no documentation can be found for porting back bluez to android 9/above, and no bluedroid/fluoride solution can be found, the only related app "sixaxis controller" not working as well.

am just an programming amateur with just limited knowledge, it's hard for me to work it out.

hereby, am begging for any master/sifu can spare some of your precious time to look into this matter or point me some direction to study/fix it, thanks for your kindness.
27th June 2020, 07:26 AM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiplane

been having bluetooth connectivity problem with legacy ps3 controller aka "dualshock 3" with android 9 phone(no problem connected via usb),
all guides/documentations related needed the bluez stack that google was ditched since android 4/5 to work with,
the 'bring back bluez to android project' was stopped at the lollipop stage as well, no documentation can be found for porting back bluez to android 9/above, and no bluedroid/fluoride solution can be found, the only related app "sixaxis controller" not working as well.

am just an programming amateur with just limited knowledge, it's hard for me to work it out.

hereby, am begging for any master/sifu can spare some of your precious time to look into this matter or point me some direction to study/fix it, thanks for your kindness.

Is your phone rooted?

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
28th June 2020, 06:35 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Is your phone rooted?

yes
28th June 2020, 06:40 AM |#4  
Quote:

yes

Do you have a OTG cable?

28th June 2020, 08:19 AM |#5  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Do you have a OTG cable?

yes
28th June 2020, 05:30 PM |#6  
Quote:

yes

Sixaxis should work for you then.

https://profandroid.com/network/blue...ct-to-ps3.html

But, you need to use an app called "Sixaxis Compatibility checker" first, it will tell you if your phone is compatible.

If you already tried these methods and they didn't work, you are doing something wrong. Try again but take it one step at a time. If you have problems, tell me what problem you are having.

29th June 2020, 04:16 AM |#7  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Sixaxis should work for you then.

https://profandroid.com/network/blue...ct-to-ps3.html

But, you need to use an app called "Sixaxis Compatibility checker" first, it will tell you if your phone is compatible.

If you already tried these methods and they didn't work, you are doing something wrong. Try again but take it one step at a time. If you have problems, tell me what problem you are having.

None of the 7 methods work, either with selinux permissive or enforcement.
29th June 2020, 04:17 AM |#8  
Quote:

None of the 7 methods work, either with selinux permissive or enforcement.

Does the Sixaxis Compatibility app confirm that your device is actually compatible? If it doesn't, it probably won't work no matter what you do. Some devices just don't support it.

29th June 2020, 11:39 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:

Does the Sixaxis Compatibility app confirm that your device is actually compatible? If it doesn't, it probably won't work no matter what you do. Some devices just don't support it.

seems like i have to give up then...
thx anyway
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)