FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Problems after updating firmware for my samsung galaxy note 8 gt-n5110

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By sunglassesman, Junior Member on 1st December 2019, 05:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I installed cm12.1 rom for my samsung galaxy note 8 gt-n5110 and after i turned it on this was what happened. It constantly showed text boxes like "unfortunately, google app has stopped" and after i closed it another one showed up and now i cant control it anymore! I cant even finish the setup! What can i do?
Im new to these firmware stuff btw.
2nd December 2019, 12:07 AM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunglassesman

I installed cm12.1 rom for my samsung galaxy note 8 gt-n5110 and after i turned it on this was what happened. It constantly showed text boxes like "unfortunately, google app has stopped" and after i closed it another one showed up and now i cant control it anymore! I cant even finish the setup! What can i do?

Im new to these firmware stuff btw.

Try a smaller Gapps package than the one that you flashed with the ROM. The package you used is probably too large to fit in the system partition along with the ROM.

Or, you didn't factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache when you flashed the ROM. Failing to do those wipes will cause bugs due to the new system conflicting with the saved system data/settings from the previous system. In other words, data left over from the old ROM is causing problems with the new ROM.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
2nd December 2019, 12:45 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Try a smaller Gapps package than the one that you flashed with the ROM. The package you used is probably too large to fit in the system partition along with the ROM.

Or, you didn't factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache when you flashed the ROM. Failing to do those wipes will cause bugs due to the new system conflicting with the saved system data/settings from the previous system. In other words, data left over from the old ROM is causing problems with the new ROM.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

Hey thanks for replying but it seems like i cant even finish the setup. Therefore i cant load any files into my device. Any suggestions?
2nd December 2019, 01:02 AM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunglassesman

Hey thanks for replying but it seems like i cant even finish the setup. Therefore i cant load any files into my device. Any suggestions?

Boot back into recovery, then factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache, then reboot.

If that doesn't work, try booting back into recovery then flash the ROM then the Gapps then factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache then reboot.

If that doesn't work, try booting back into recovery, then select the "Wipe" option, then choose the "advanced wipes" option, then choose the system partition, then swipe the slider at the bottom to run the wipe, then try flashing just the ROM but don't flash the Gapps, factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache then reboot. After you get the device booted, you can delete the Gapps file then download a smaller package and put it in your phone's internal storage then boot back into recovery and select the "Install" option, at this point, you already have the ROM installed so no need to flash it again, but you do need to flash the new Gapps file, then factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache.

Do you see how important it is to factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache every time you flash? It is a vital step.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
2nd December 2019, 01:33 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hey thanks for all these but my device is using cwm right now so can you pls rewrite the instructions for me?
Also i cant finish the setup with all these popups so theres no way i can load files into it.
And yeah i guess i didnt wipe data or caches away after i finished flashing the files.
Thank you so much.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes