FORUMS

Pulling original firmware from android 10 Motorola Racer 5G / XT2063

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By fricosu007, Junior Member on 13th February 2020, 11:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello guys, i am a bit newbee on this thread and i look for some info, i got my hands on a not launched motorola Racer 5G XT2063-3 Single Sim, problem is, it has factory software PTEG , i need to pull radio.img and BTFM.img from it in order to modify another flash made for Dual Sim Models, this one is SS but i can flash DS firmware, if i do so, i get no imei, no wifi, no BT and phone hangs when trying to access WIFI settings ... so how can i do it since TWRP is not yet supported for android 10. phone is bootloader unlocked so i can cicle trough adb or fastboot as i like.
16th February 2020, 10:50 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Nothing ? About reading the partitions ? Extracting IMGs and BINs ? I need to pull modem / radio firmware, under lcd fingerprint ... not working ... i have two phones, both with root access, one is flashed with official retail firmware, the other one is untouched, factory firmware ( testing firmware) where everything works
18th February 2020, 08:32 AM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by fricosu007

Nothing ? About reading the partitions ? Extracting IMGs and BINs ? I need to pull modem / radio firmware, under lcd fingerprint ... not working ... i have two phones, both with root access, one is flashed with official retail firmware, the other one is untouched, factory firmware ( testing firmware) where everything works

Android is funny when it comes to certain adb commands to identify partition order/structure/size/location, the command you would use on "this" device to find partition information can be slightly different than the command to find partition information on "that" device.

You need to connect your device to PC via adb then use adb shell commands to find your partition information, you'll have to do some research to find the proper adb shell command for your partition information.

Or, you can use a Terminal Emulator app with the same commands as you would use in adb shell except you remove the "adb shell" part from the command.

Then you need to find guides for using dd commands in adb shell/terminal emulator to dd copies of the imgs from the device.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
19th February 2020, 10:17 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
I am trying to understand the new structure, this is my main purpose now, i found a lot of information about adb shell commands but still ... vendor is my main problem since it is being scattered around the storage under different partitions, i cannot just “cat /**vendor” and then pull ... it would be ease this way, there are some limitations ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9BA3013E-F896-478E-A06A-1B4A94D9EB20.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	232.1 KB
ID:	4954437   Click image for larger version

Name:	B40A5D22-9715-4CFE-9283-B4F2CEC6E7AA.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	4954439  
Yesterday, 01:30 AM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by fricosu007

I am trying to understand the new structure, this is my main purpose now, i found a lot of information about adb shell commands but still ... vendor is my main problem since it is being scattered around the storage under different partitions, i cannot just “cat /**vendor” and then pull ... it would be ease this way, there are some limitations ...

Have you tried using some form of proc/ or ls by name commands?

Or maybe:

ls /vendor/bin

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)