FORUMS

Purchased financed lg stylo 5

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Piranha289, Junior Member on 13th March 2020, 02:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
So i accidentally purchased a financed lg stylo 5 from sprint. I got it off craigslist and the only contact method was via craigslist automated email link. So there is no viable method of contact with the previous owner. I purchased this phone to use my qlink wireless account on. It is compatible but has "financial obligations" preventing me from activating it. Talked to sprint, they said theres nothing i can do if i cant get ahold of the previous owner. So im wondering, can i root/wipe/flash the OS or something along those lines and basically remove the brain of the phone and install a new one, and then use it? Would that help? Is there some variation of this idea that would help? Or is there any other way i could make this phone usable? (Unlocked) im not super experienced with this kind of tech, but im a quick learner and i can figure it out if someone knows of a method i can look into.... Help!!??
13th March 2020, 06:35 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranha289

So i accidentally purchased a financed lg stylo 5 from sprint. I got it off craigslist and the only contact method was via craigslist automated email link. So there is no viable method of contact with the previous owner. I purchased this phone to use my qlink wireless account on. It is compatible but has "financial obligations" preventing me from activating it. Talked to sprint, they said theres nothing i can do if i cant get ahold of the previous owner. So im wondering, can i root/wipe/flash the OS or something along those lines and basically remove the brain of the phone and install a new one, and then use it? Would that help? Is there some variation of this idea that would help? Or is there any other way i could make this phone usable? (Unlocked) im not super experienced with this kind of tech, but im a quick learner and i can figure it out if someone knows of a method i can look into.... Help!!??

It depends. If the "financial obligation" is due to the device being blacklisted due to the previous owner not paying the bill, you will not be able to activate the device unless the previous owner pays the bill and the carrier removes the device from blacklist. If this is what you are dealing with, the thing that is preventing you from activating is not in the device, it is in the carrier network that the previous owner had service with, this is why there is nothing you can do from your end.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg-stylo-5

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)