FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Recovering wallpaper from system folder on Pixel XL

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By cabisson, Junior Member on 2nd February 2017, 06:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys and gals,

I just transitioned from a Samsung Galaxy S5, to a new Pixel XL.

At some point over the last few months, my S5 cooked it's SD card, taking all of my accumulated (and yes, not backed up yet) photos with it. One of these was a picture I'd taken of my son, but had set to my wallpaper. So that photo still exists as a system copy, for wallpaper purposes.

During the cable transfer between the S5 and XL, that file copied over successfully and set itself as the wallpaper on the XL.

I would really really REALLY like to be able to copy that file out of the system, so I can have it printed and archive it. It already breaks my heart to have lost a few months of his journey into this world, and I really cherish the wallpaper photo - it kills me to think of losing that one too.

My S5 is not rooted (we all know by now what a PITA Samsung/Verizon made that) and I haven't had the XL long enough to consider rooting it. Can anyone point me in the direction of a method, or software, that will help me? Or will rooting the S5 or XL for access to those system level files be my only option?

Thanks in advance.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)