FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

No Recovery on MXQ Amlogic S805

138 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By cramhead, Senior Member on 31st May 2015, 03:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a MXQ Amlogic S805 and want to flash EmbER and install Kodi. When I hold down the reset switch and power up I never get recovery. tried holding it down for 5, 10, 30 seconds etc. It always boots to Mbox
I dont think there is any recovery install on it so I'm trying to install TWRP the recovery.img is in root but its not booting anything.

I've tried this but burntool doesn't detect the device (also tried connecting using the reset switch) (my device doesn't have a micro usb just 4 normal)

can I get help on getting recovery please?

19th June 2015, 07:42 PM |#2  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramhead

can I get help on getting recovery please?

Maybe you had the same issue like me. If you have the microSD right from the beginning inside it doesn't work. If so remove the card, try once more and if it will work then you can put the microSD in and flash I took me almost 30min to discover it.

good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to DiosDelRayo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiosDelRayo Ad-Free
1st August 2015, 10:07 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
That solved my problem too. Removing the microsd did the trick. After booting into recovery simply push it back in and flash away!

Thank you so much!
21st January 2016, 09:01 PM |#4  
Flag Vyškov

More
Hi, I have MXQ pro 4k, Amlogic s905, and I really do not find guide how to make flasch and root on this tvbox. AMLOGIC S905? Please help me, because I can not setting subtitles in right codepage. I need code page windows 1250 eastern europe. I have KODI installed.
25th January 2016, 08:07 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
the same things on MXQ pro S905. no recovery mode.

I bought here. - h t t p : / / aliexpress.com/item/MXQ-Pro-Android-TV-Box-Amlogic-S905-Quad-Core-Android-5-1-DDR3-1G-Nand-Flash/32500107918.html

Most likely a defective series. The seller does not respond.
26th January 2016, 01:42 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I tried to trace the track of a button. In my opinion, there is no resistance. See photo. Maybe someone has the reference schematic of S905 board. Where should the button be connected?
h ttp://srv01.technikexpert.com/files/IMG_1.jpg
h ttp://srv01.technikexpert.com/files/IMG_2.jpg
The Following User Says Thank You to Kamik76 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kamik76 Ad-Free
4th March 2016, 12:16 AM |#7  

More
My mxq pro 4k s905 has frozen and Im trying to make a bootable sd card with am logic boot card maker but it doesn't display the sd in drop down list in tool, help!
well I managed to make a bootable sd card using Bootcardmaker but no luck and tried using usb burning tool and can get device connected but get fails with error: can't get key
fails at 1% trying to flash
6th August 2016, 03:55 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 672

Donate to Me
More
It's not your normal Android recovery. Its activates a recovery mode( when used with a computer) for easy flashing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Exodusche For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Exodusche Ad-Free
10th August 2016, 09:05 PM |#9  
Flag Dallas, NC
Thanks Meter: 707

Donate to Me
More
Would you mind sending me some info to help? My MXQ Pro 4k keeps freezing during playback and kicking me out to menu. Would like to install a factory image that isn't modified by the seller I bought from who won't respond. Can pm info here to : powduh09 or email, or hangouts to [email protected] thnaks
26th August 2016, 11:53 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I would love that information
19th October 2016, 11:14 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 672

Donate to Me
More
Tutorial

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/lat...ndroid-tv-box/

Firmware
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-o...N2eWgyTUE/view