FORUMS

Rom's date & time resetting after every reboot

138 posts
Thanks Meter: 28

By Hiempsal, Senior Member on 22nd May 2020, 10:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

So here's the deal. My daily driver is a rooted Oneplus X with an unofficial Lineageos 17.1 and I have a simple problem : my phone can't keep correct date and time .

The story : some time ago, I accidentally hard bricked my phone after a messed update and had to unbrick it with the help of this topic : https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-x/general/guide-mega-unbrick-guide-hard-bricked-t3272108
Fortunately, I've managed to restore the beast to stock and, from there, restore it to my LOS 17's backup.

But this adventure left my OPX with a side-effect ; since then, it has been unable to keep the right date & time when shutting down. Inside TWRP, date and time are set correctly. But when booting to the OS, it simply resets to the default date time of the rom. And when rebooting to TWRP, everything is normal and so on ... Bottom line, the system resets date and time to the date and time of the rom's date release.
I've tested other roms and the result has always been the same ; only stock rom seems to keep date and time correct. So the problem must be within my phone and I don't know where to look anymore ... Maybe

That's why I'm asking for your help, as I haven't managed to find any topic related to this matter, here or anywhere else on the web ... :s I know that date and time synchronizes automatically when connected to internet, but a normal phone should keep them correct even after a reboot.

Thank you all for your help !
24th May 2020, 05:48 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Up !

Some precisions about my problem : I've found out that installing a pie build keeps the date and time correct after reboot. A Q build, on the opposite, won't ... the problem seems to be that the rom is unable to access TWRP's date and time - not changing.
25th May 2020, 02:35 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Up
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)