Root possible for Galaxy Tab E Model: SM T377T running 6.0.1?

Search This thread

mangee1234

Sep 1, 2012
Augusta
I can say I'm 99% positive I've tried every method over the last 5 weeks and have been unable to do this. Is it too new?

***********************************************ALL CREDIT AND ANY THANKS GOES TO tnick84*****************************************************

I finally got this thing rooted

For those who would like to root follow these instructions and makes sure you have oem unlock on in developer options.

1. With ODIN 3.10.7 flash TWRP 3.0.2.0
Here
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24665509702140789

2. DO NOT let the device reboot. You need to boot directly into TWRP by holding pwr+vol up+home as soon as ODIN is finished flashing. You gotta be super quick.

3. Swipe to allow modifications

4. Once in TWRP flash SUPERSU- 2.76
Here
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24665509702140790

5. Reboot

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

louiedee279

Nov 22, 2014
***********************************************ALL CREDIT AND ANY THANKS GOES TO tnick84*****************************************************

thanks i will try on my tablet...

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

do i need to enable oem unlock?

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

where do i get the gapps?

tmwight

Mar 9, 2017
Does anyone have a stock image (.tar file)? I flashed TWRP and it worked fine. I rooted with Magisk (which worked) and then screwed up by installing Xposed. I tried a factory reset and it didn't work and now I think I need the stock image.

Reactions: louiedee279

louiedee279

Nov 22, 2014

i will try this method on sm-t377t tab e series from tmobile.

i hope it works ..

thank you...
i will buy you a drink if it works.

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

well the twrp file fixed my error on boot up.
i got into my tablet, i cant get in to twrp?

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

it takes me to android recovery does not take me to twrp.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

i got into twrp had to be super fast, i flashed the superuser file.

i hope it works...

thank you very much..

whats your pay pal donation name?

slacktheplanet

Sep 28, 2015
Baltimore, MD
Moto G Power
Do you have OEM Unlock checked in Developer Options? If you're flashing successfully in Odin, you should be able to reboot directly to TWRP afterwards. You'll have to reflash though if you booted into Android because it overwrites the custom recovery with stock. Maybe trying flashing again then booting straight to recovery holding volume up, power and home button.

i hope it works ..

thank you...

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

If you have T377T, you can flash this file in Odin to restore to stock: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3lcH3fVhCIeRjBwdGd2RUc1bFk/view?usp=sharing

Does anyone have a stock image (.tar file)? I flashed TWRP and it worked fine. I rooted with Magisk (which worked) and then screwed up by installing Xposed. I tried a factory reset and it didn't work and now I think I need the stock image.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

No need for Paypal donation, just give me "thanks" on the forum.

i hope it works ..

thank you...

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

i got into twrp had to be super fast, i flashed the superuser file.

i hope it works...

thank you very much..

whats your pay pal donation name?

louiedee279

Nov 22, 2014
I got root access works fine thank you very much...

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Thank you very much

louiedee279

Nov 22, 2014
Anyone know of any custom ROMs for Galaxy Tab E? T377T specifically
I am also looking for rom for my Samsung Tab E by tmobile.
Hear anything let me know

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

I have to root my new Samsung Tab E, I lost my rooted Samsung Tab E, someone stoled it from work, luckily it's locked with code and app lock with pattern, plus I remote erased everything.

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

I don't know if I will root this device, very complicated to solve a error. If it occurs.

slacktheplanet

Sep 28, 2015
Baltimore, MD
Moto G Power
I am also looking for rom for my Samsung Tab E by tmobile.
Hear anything let me know

Will do. Maybe we'll have to try to fork one ourselves? If anyone can direct me to how to even do that, I'm happy to give it a try.

Might have answered my own question, but in case anyone else is wondering the same thing, I found this tutorial: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1801690

If anyone knows a better beginner resource, that would be much appreciated too. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts