FORUMS

S9 plus not receiving OTA after moving to another country

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By dporcheret, Junior Member on 13th February 2020, 12:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,
I used to live in US and got an S9 plus from AT&T. I moved to India (in July 2018), got it unlocked by getting the unlock code and procedure legitimately from AT&T. Put a Vodafone India sim card. It works fine since but I have not received a single update since. Last update is June 2018.

In sw information Service Provider SW version shows
SAOMC_SM-G965U_OYN_ATT_OO_0073
ATT/ATT/ATT

As I use this phone for work, our company mobile management tools prevent the use of rooted phones. How can I start receiving official OTA updates without tempering with the legit status of the device.
Thanks.
15th February 2020, 02:01 AM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by dporcheret

Hi,

I used to live in US and got an S9 plus from AT&T. I moved to India (in July 2018), got it unlocked by getting the unlock code and procedure legitimately from AT&T. Put a Vodafone India sim card. It works fine since but I have not received a single update since. Last update is June 2018.

In sw information Service Provider SW version shows

SAOMC_SM-G965U_OYN_ATT_OO_0073

ATT/ATT/ATT

As I use this phone for work, our company mobile management tools prevent the use of rooted phones. How can I start receiving official OTA updates without tempering with the legit status of the device.

Thanks.

Because Vodafone does not offer updates for your model number. The carrier controls the updates and which devices are supported via update. Your device is not a Vodafone device, it is an AT&T device being used on the Vodafone network. If the original AT&T US stock firmware version is working fine, you should be able to download any updates that are available for your specific model number and then flash them manually.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)